2022 Season

Get ready for some MACtion
e_parade
Senior

Re: 2022 Season

Post by e_parade » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:24 pm

I mean he's only had 2 games in his career with at least 60%, and one of them was a game where he threw 3 times and completed 2 of them. The other, while it had no interceptions, also had no TDs and we lost 53-3.

I think the best repeat of a game we could hope for is how he did against EMU last year.

22 of 38 (58%) for 285 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:52 pm

Seems like accuracy and decision making can be improved thru practice and learning. Arm strength generally is what it is. Brady is still young so theres room to grow. Not saying he's definitely the answer but I don't think he's reached his potential yet
Time to Win

Upstate10
Senior

Post by Upstate10 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:13 pm

We just about wasted an entire season playing Campiotti at QB. He’s terrible and Casula needs to be fired as soon as the Army game ends.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:10 pm

Upstate, ur gonna be getting a tweet from DB if you keep hatin on players :lol:
Time to Win

Upstate10
Senior

Post by Upstate10 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:34 pm

^ I’d be surprised if he knows what Twitter is. Probably have an intern running his account :lol:

UMass'96
Senior
Location: Back in the good 'ole US of A not some 3rd world shithole

Post by UMass'96 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:20 pm

Upstate10 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:13 pm We just about wasted an entire season playing Campiotti at QB. He’s terrible and Casula needs to be fired as soon as the Army game ends.
Absolutely agree with this. Unless there is something going on within the program/QB room that we are not aware of (and there likely is), then Casula needs to be shown the door as soon as the Army game is over...
Save your breath... you'll need it to blow up your date

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:04 pm

UMass'96 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:20 pm
Upstate10 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:13 pm We just about wasted an entire season playing Campiotti at QB. He’s terrible and Casula needs to be fired as soon as the Army game ends.
Absolutely agree with this. Unless there is something going on within the program/QB room that we are not aware of (and there likely is), then Casula needs to be shown the door as soon as the Army game is over...
Accuracy for Olson as an issue and Campiotti never improving his throws are a direct result of Casula not helping either with their mechanics. He is the QB coach as well as the OC. Neither have really improved as individuals.

pk77
Sophomore

Post by pk77 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:10 am

All you people are blaming the offensive coach, did you ever think that the talent he has is absolutely horrible. A coach can't carry or run or catch the ball or even block. if we had any type of talent they would still be able to move the ball. What he has to work with is horrendous and his offensive calls are geared towards running down the clock so that the other team has less time to score and keep the scores below 50 points like last year.

At least two games this year we had only 50 or so yards passing, remember the passing yards includes after the catch yards, so if you have a 2 yard pass and the receiver runs for 48 yards after the catch that is counted as 50 yards passing. So we have a quarterbacks that belong playing for a high school team and receivers who drop passes and can't run with the ball. Would you want to be the leader of this offense ? If you had any type of talent the players would find a way to move the ball regardless. If you dont like the play call, call an audible at the line, oh that would mean you have talent.

When are we going to realize that the talent level and the drive of the players we currently have has us ranked as the worst team in division 1 for the last two years. Please don't say we are improving, being ranked last year and then again this year is no improvement, I do not need to see any stats.

Can we at least agree that if this slides continues another 4 years, its time to move down and play teams that match our level like Maine and New Hampshire.

Also, if we had more talented players who are driven to win, The player that caught the pass on the 2 point conversion at the end of game would have found a way to beat his man and make it into the end zone, Players with drive would have made it into the end zone !

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:10 am

pk77 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:10 am All you people are blaming the offensive coach, did you ever think that the talent he has is absolutely horrible.

I do not think the talent is "absolutely horrible" but I recognize it needs an upgrade. Based on reading this board every day, I believe most here feel this same way. I think most also recognize that the coaching the last year stunted the growth of many, especially one at the position we're most pointing to here.

The issue with the OC is not working around his player's deficiencies and calling plays to their strengths. It has taken until the 9th and 10th games for this to finally occur. I get wanting to install your scheme and style, but you can do that while also including things that help put your players in positions where they, and the team, can succeed or at least be competitive.

The unwillingness (or maybe inability) of the OC to adjust sooner when it was clear adjustments needed to be made is a major concern in my book.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:52 am

Worse offensive coordinator: Casula or Matt Patricia? That is a good debate right there!

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:53 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:10 am
pk77 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:10 am All you people are blaming the offensive coach, did you ever think that the talent he has is absolutely horrible.

I do not think the talent is "absolutely horrible" but I recognize it needs an upgrade. Based on reading this board every day, I believe most here feel this same way. I think most also recognize that the coaching the last year stunted the growth of many, especially one at the position we're most pointing to here.

The issue with the OC is not working around his player's deficiencies and calling plays to their strengths. It has taken until the 9th and 10th games for this to finally occur. I get wanting to install your scheme and style, but you can do that while also including things that help put your players in positions where they, and the team, can succeed or at least be competitive.

The unwillingness (or maybe inability) of the OC to adjust sooner when it was clear adjustments needed to be made is a major concern in my book.
My, you are smart! By the way, why aren't you an offensive coordinator yet? Maybe Don Brown should look at you to run his offense next season!
Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:05 am

Quann wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:52 am Worse offensive coordinator: Casula or Matt Patricia? That is a good debate right there!

Has to be Casula... he had experience on the offensive side of the ball walking into this role. Patricia is learning on the fly.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:12 am

Quann wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:52 am Worse offensive coordinator: Casula or Matt Patricia? That is a good debate right there!
Casula!!!!!!! He wouldn't even had drafted Zappe.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:20 am

pk77 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:10 am All you people are blaming the offensive coach, did you ever think that the talent he has is absolutely horrible. A coach can't carry or run or catch the ball or even block. if we had any type of talent they would still be able to move the ball. What he has to work with is horrendous and his offensive calls are geared towards running down the clock so that the other team has less time to score and keep the scores below 50 points like last year.

At least two games this year we had only 50 or so yards passing, remember the passing yards includes after the catch yards, so if you have a 2 yard pass and the receiver runs for 48 yards after the catch that is counted as 50 yards passing. So we have a quarterbacks that belong playing for a high school team and receivers who drop passes and can't run with the ball. Would you want to be the leader of this offense ? If you had any type of talent the players would find a way to move the ball regardless. If you dont like the play call, call an audible at the line, oh that would mean you have talent.

When are we going to realize that the talent level and the drive of the players we currently have has us ranked as the worst team in division 1 for the last two years. Please don't say we are improving, being ranked last year and then again this year is no improvement, I do not need to see any stats.

Can we at least agree that if this slides continues another 4 years, its time to move down and play teams that match our level like Maine and New Hampshire.

Also, if we had more talented players who are driven to win, The player that caught the pass on the 2 point conversion at the end of game would have found a way to beat his man and make it into the end zone, Players with drive would have made it into the end zone !
I agree with a lot of this but to be this bad is a combination of bad coaching and bad players (just bad, bad, bad). To bring in Camp, who is a project at best and the freshman (Brewster) who was a Bell recruit and doesn't fit this offense (I've seen him play) is all on the coaches. I said that Bell was mailing it in with his recruiting and his three classes have proven that to be correct sadly. No speed, and just not that good FBS level football players. Where is the Isbellas, Rodgers, Colemans, Driscolls, RTIs who are either too short, skinny, under/over sized but FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!!

pk77
Sophomore

Post by pk77 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:26 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:10 am

i am sorry , but you are still masking the real problem... it's talent... also in game 10 we had only 55 yards passing... and don't tell me that Texas A+M is a good team, they had lost their last 6 games and have just one win in their league. I am not saying that Texas A+M would be an easy game, but 55 yards passing including after the catch runs is not coaching. I also think half those yards were on one play where the receiver tripped over his own feet.

Think about it would you send your son to play for Umass if you had any other choices ? Our program is on the slide and is the worst team in Division 1 two years in a row, kids like playing for a winning team and we have not been winning for so many years and we don't even have a good nucleous to build on. I ask, how many more years do you think till we win more games than we lose ?