2022 Season

Get ready for some MACtion
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: 2022 Season

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:42 pm

^

They looked much more maroon-ish in person than they did on the video board in the end zone and I assume on TV.... they looked more cranberry, as you put it, on the screen.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:47 pm

Well, it was Thanksgiving week, so cranberry unis now makes sense :wink:

As TruBlu said, pants look better white with the MAROON shirts and white helmets. Color rush unis look like CFL or Arena football. Just my preference tho
Time to Win

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:49 pm

Color rush uniforms generally are very bad.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:16 pm

Floyd wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:47 pm Well, it was Thanksgiving week, so cranberry unis now makes sense :wink:

As TruBlu said, pants look better white with the MAROON shirts and white helmets. Color rush unis look like CFL or Arena football. Just my preference tho
Unfortunately Turkey Day is gone, but the color is still cranberry. Maybe UMass should become the UMass Cranberries. They're gender neutral and the number one crop in Massachusetts. :wink: :lol: 8)
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:58 pm

Tells you all you need to know about the program when the hot topic at the end of the season is the color of the uniforms.

While at the game the main topics of conversation overheard:

- Oh my, the way they cut the grass on the field was inspiring!
- Did you see the rainbow offerings of Gatorade on the sidelines!
- The band was particularly good today!
- Oh look there might actually be more filled seats than empty ones today?
- Oh no I broke a nail!
- I very much like the sunny side of the stands more than the shaded side
- Ooh a plane is flying over the stadium.
- I can't wait until half time so I can hear the band, then we can leave. I hate the traffic jam at the Coolidge bridge, it takes an extra 3-5 minutes to get across if we don't beat the rush. We may even have to sit at the traffic light at the Pride intersection for a minute!
- Do these shoes match my top?
- I sure hope they find a real fucking offensive coordinator this off season (there were only about 4 guys talking about this though)?
- Did you bring snacks?

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:04 pm

Right. Lets talk about if they were 11, 12, 13, or 14% better than last week/year for the 1000th time
Time to Win

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:54 pm

For those kicking experts on the board. From the New England Football Writer’s Association.

CJ Kolodziey Earns All-New England Honors

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:24 pm

TruBluMaroon wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:54 pm For those kicking experts on the board. From the New England Football Writer’s Association.

Only player from UMass. Most have been quantity over quality...https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs ... dual/17/p2

How does a player win an award being the lowest rated punter in FBS? Can someone explain that to me. Is this some type of troll towards UMass football. :lol: The only All-New England player on your team is the last placed punter in the country. :lol:

George didn't punt enough to even make FBS punting statistics this season.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:20 pm

dennisdent wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:24 pm
TruBluMaroon wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:54 pm For those kicking experts on the board. From the New England Football Writer’s Association.

Only player from UMass. Most have been quantity over quality...https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs ... dual/17/p2

How does a player win an award being the lowest rated punter in FBS? Can someone explain that to me. Is this some type of troll towards UMass football. :lol: The only All-New England player on your team is the last placed punter in the country. :lol:

I’m telling you it was his improvement. This last game his average and placement were very good. His overall numbers are not good. (mostly due to the horrible start-he never punted before this year.)

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:46 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:20 pm

I’m telling you it was his improvement. This last game his average and placement were very good. His overall numbers are not good. (mostly due to the horrible start-he never punted before this year.)
HIs numbers for the last four games are almost the same for the first four games. 25/33/33/38 first four. 31/38/32/40 last four games. Brutal numbers!

So the worst goalie saves wise in D1 hockey, on the worst team in Hockey East, should win All New England because they showed improvement using your comment. :lol: I guess this is the age of participation trophies... :)

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:27 am

dennisdent wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:46 pm
minutefanjsf wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:20 pm

HIs numbers for the last four games are almost the same for the first four games. 25/33/33/38 first four. 31/38/32/40 last four games. Brutal numbers!

So the worst goalie saves wise in D1 hockey, on the worst team in Hockey East, should win All New England because they showed improvement using your comment. :lol: I guess this is the age of participation trophies... :)
Um Dennis, where have you been? Am-herst is the epicenter of the Participation Trophy movement, so I guess the shoe fits.

Also, haven't you heard? This season is ALL ABOUT marked improvements that lead to exactly ZERO more wins than the previous season (oh with that single win coming against an FCS school NOT and FBS school, like last year).

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:14 am

Congratulations to CJ on being named 2022 NEFW All New England Punter ! Hopefully UMass will have many more NEFW recipients on the 2023 team.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:17 pm

Some good bad news: UMass football lost again this season but its actually good news as Colorado was crowned as the Bottom 25 Champion! DB is paying off already! :lol:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... 22-season/

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:51 am

dennisdent wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:17 pm Some good bad news: UMass football lost again this season but its actually good news as Colorado was crowned as the Bottom 25 Champion! DB is paying off already! :lol:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... 22-season/
I bet we lose to them by 2+Tds if they played each other.

Cue - SteveMaz

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:46 pm

Why is Casula being retained? He can't possibly be coming back.