Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Don Brown's back and there's gonna be stability. Hey na, hey na, Don Brown's back.
ZooMass84
Junior
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:38 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:22 pm Other then Merriweather, twelve games and ZERO improvement from the first to the last game...

Brown takes over next week!!!!!
First game meaning the Rutgers game in 2019............

dennisdent
Senior
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Too close to the Beltway

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by dennisdent » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:51 pm

ZooMass84 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:38 pm
dennisdent wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:22 pm Other then Merriweather, twelve games and ZERO improvement from the first to the last game...

Brown takes over next week!!!!!
First game meaning the Rutgers game in 2019............

Wow, that's crazy when you think about it--true of course!

User avatar
Quann
Senior
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: Hopkinton, MA

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by Quann » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:29 pm

Just happy the Don Brown era starts in a few days. Smell ya later 2021 UMass football season!

User avatar
econalum
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2461
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:31 am
Location: Acton, MA

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by econalum » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:42 pm

It is interesting that the UMASS sports site is silent on this debacle. https://umassathletics.com/

It's all about MBB and WBB.

They should at least acknowledge that they played, right?
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

stevemaz
Senior
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:23 am

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by stevemaz » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:48 am

I know the game meant nothing except to those of us who bet big that Umass would win 2 games this year, but it is head scratcher that they kept playing zone defense. That was a game we could have won and most certainly should have been decided by last possession.

Hats off to Merriweather for an outstanding season! I hope he stays

photoman
Senior
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:25 pm
Location: Attleboro

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by photoman » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:39 am

econalum wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:42 pm It is interesting that the UMASS sports site is silent on this debacle. https://umassathletics.com/

It's all about MBB and WBB.

They should at least acknowledge that they played, right?
Football silence. They used to run articles, game photos etc. Now dead silent.

dennisdent
Senior
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Too close to the Beltway

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by dennisdent » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:13 am

Haven't posted game notes or previews in three weeks--sad! Stopped updating the stats on the PDF version. Basically quit after Bell was fired. Bamford is getting paid almost 600k but can't take the time to make sure people are doing their jobs...

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 16271
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:07 am

dennisdent wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:13 am Haven't posted game notes or previews in three weeks--sad! Stopped updating the stats on the PDF version. Basically quit after Bell was fired. Bamford is getting paid almost 600k but can't take the time to make sure people are doing their jobs...

I'm pretty confident they have 1 SID right now (maybe 2...)... considering Hockey and both Basketball programs have started, I'm not at all surprised that the football stuff has been put on the back burner.

If you want to get on Ryan for something, get on him for filling the roles and offering an appropriate comp for them. I'm sure the 1 SID we have is doing the best they can.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

dennisdent
Senior
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Too close to the Beltway

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by dennisdent » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:06 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:07 am
dennisdent wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:13 am Haven't posted game notes or previews in three weeks--sad! Stopped updating the stats on the PDF version. Basically quit after Bell was fired. Bamford is getting paid almost 600k but can't take the time to make sure people are doing their jobs...

I'm pretty confident they have 1 SID right now (maybe 2...)... considering Hockey and both Basketball programs have started, I'm not at all surprised that the football stuff has been put on the back burner.

If you want to get on Ryan for something, get on him for filling the roles and offering an appropriate comp for them. I'm sure the 1 SID we have is doing the best they can.
If Bamford has time to tweet (which we see he does), he has time to look at the football site and see that it hasn't been updated with game notes for three weeks. Not posting game notes for an FBS program for three weeks in a row is really, really weak! One week okay, two maybe, but three--come on man, you had one job to do--oversight! They have interns who can update and post the game notes--it doesn't take an SID.

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 16271
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:02 pm

dennisdent wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:06 am

If Bamford has time to tweet (which we see he does), he has time to look at the football site and see that it hasn't been updated with game notes for three weeks. Not posting game notes for an FBS program for three weeks in a row is really, really weak! One week okay, two maybe, but three--come on man, you had one job to do--oversight! They have interns who can update and post the game notes--it doesn't take an SID.

Whatever you say. I'm sure they will be updated at some point. I'd prefer he utilize his non-tweeting hours towards finding us a conference rather than worrying about the website getting updated... that's what Assistant ADs are for.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

dennisdent
Senior
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Too close to the Beltway

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by dennisdent » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:27 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:02 pm
dennisdent wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:06 am

If Bamford has time to tweet (which we see he does), he has time to look at the football site and see that it hasn't been updated with game notes for three weeks. Not posting game notes for an FBS program for three weeks in a row is really, really weak! One week okay, two maybe, but three--come on man, you had one job to do--oversight! They have interns who can update and post the game notes--it doesn't take an SID.

Whatever you say. I'm sure they will be updated at some point. I'd prefer he utilize his non-tweeting hours towards finding us a conference rather than worrying about the website getting updated... that's what Assistant ADs are for.
:D Me too (non-tweeting hours)! That someone in the AD just didn't give a crap to post them for the final three weeks of season is just a microcosm of the whole season--total shit show.

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by 69MG » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:02 pm

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn (about the website). The football season ended for me after the URI game and resumed today. We've got many more important issues to address and for the first time in a while I'm looking forward to the news coming out of the FB program.

Welcome back, Don, and let's kick some butt on the recruiting front.

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 16271
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:11 pm

69MG wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:02 pm Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn (about the website).

Thank you!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

dennisdent
Senior
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Too close to the Beltway

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by dennisdent » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:02 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:11 pm
69MG wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:02 pm Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn (about the website).

Thank you!
You're not welcome! :lol: I wanted my game notes!!! :P :P :P

PreecherJenkins
Senior
Posts: 1377
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:41 am

Re: Game 12: New Mexico State Bowl

Post by PreecherJenkins » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:02 pm

dennisdent wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:02 pm
InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:11 pm
69MG wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:02 pm Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn (about the website).

Thank you!
You're not welcome! :lol: I wanted my game notes!!! :P :P :P
here are the game notes:

we fired our coach
our ad is working 24/7 for a conference
we have a new coach
see you in august.
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

Post Reply