FROM OUT OF THE ASHES A GREAT PHOENIX WILL RISE

Get ready for some MACtion
Steve81
Hall of Fame

Re: FROM OUT OF THE ASHES A GREAT PHOENIX WILL RISE

Post by Steve81 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:31 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:17 pm
Steve81 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:13 pm The MAC will expand if UMass changes it's tone.

Source, please?
It's a private message.
You realize that you need 6 teams for an auto bid in soccer. The MAC will be losing 3 teams, two that got a bid this year to a new Sun Belt soccer sponsor sport. Both UMass and Western Kentucky sponsor soccer giving them the 6 required teams. The MAC is a very good all around league and Marshall and West Virginia are leaving with the other Sun Belt member. The MAC will still have 3 of this years NCAA teams and Akron was a National champion but did fail out in the first round in OT. Western Kentucky wants into the MAC, that is no secret. Well our football and basketball is not good, UMass has a good overall good sports profile with results and great academics. It would be for those later two and hope that basketball and football eventually improve at UMass.
Go UMass!!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Why are you continuing to try and sell me on this? I'm good with going to the MAC or CUSA or staying in our current situation as long as we don't halfass it again.

I just asked for a source, not another sell job.

EDIT: and I'm good with your answer regarding the source... unlike some other people, I understand side conversations happen and information gets passed along.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:33 pm

There was a previous source, Marshall fan that told me the MAC would have chosen UMass over MTSU if we were all in. Also some details as the Marshall basketball coach wife was on their board of directors and wanted what was best for Marshall, getting out CUSA if they would not add teams on the east coast.

BeatWestern! made it public on the more public (easier to register UMass forum.
https://247sports.com/college/massachus ... 70/?page=2

Posted the link as some are concerned about Mike's band width. But really we have gigs of storage in laptops today.
Go UMass!!

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:55 pm

I'm not totally sold, but I could buy in if UMass leaves for the MAC with WKU.

I think it's the best situation for football. And I think there's an argument to be made there that UMass basketball is in a better position from a resource perspective where they could "buy success". They don't have to hope they're good value seekers and get bang-for-buck like St. Bonaventure. They can just be the Dayton of the MAC: buy their way to the top.

That said, I really like the A10 adding Loyola Chicago. Think it makes it a much stronger conference.
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

stevemaz
Senior

Post by stevemaz » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:16 am

I believe Step One of this tremendous hypothesis as occurred. We are on our way boys and girls...

Used to be VOR
Hall of Fame

Post by Used to be VOR » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:42 pm

The levels of revisionist history and delusion in this thread are simply epic.
Turns out, just because you write your name on a baby doesn't mean you get to keep it."

PreecherJenkins
Senior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 pm

Steve, what is the update on going to the MAC, you've been as quiet as Bamford!
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

JUST SAY NO TO THE MAC

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:49 pm

PreecherJenkins wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 pm Steve, what is the update on going to the MAC, you've been as quiet as Bamford!
Go back one page and nothing happens until CUSA presidents vote in early December.
We need CUSA to vote NO to a football only UMass. A better choice for them is UConn or North Dakota if they really wanted a football only. With Loyola moving out of the MVC, perhaps Missouri State is re-evaluating the situation. Thy would fit perfectly in CUSA for the 10th team. If WKU leaves then they could pull in both Dakota teams or North Dakota and UConn may go then as they would be the last G5 independent. (Assuming WKU went to the MAC with UMass.) The MAC makes so much financial sense and is a very good all sports conference. No more stadium streaming service, except if CUSA votes us in and hope not.
Go UMass!!

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:23 am

^Its North Dakota STATE, they would tar and feather you for calling them North Dakota...

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 am

dennisdent wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:23 am ^Its North Dakota STATE, they would tar and feather you for calling them North Dakota...
Part of the fun. Both Dakota are State U. :D
Go UMass!!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:16 am

Steve81 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:49 pm
We need CUSA to vote NO to a football only UMass.

Ummmmm, we need SOMEONE to show some interest in us. A "No" vote from any conference, be it all-in or football-only, is not a good look at all.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

e_parade
Senior

Post by e_parade » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:54 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:16 am
Steve81 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:49 pm
We need CUSA to vote NO to a football only UMass.

Ummmmm, we need SOMEONE to show some interest in us. A "No" vote from any conference, be it all-in or football-only, is not a good look at all.
A no vote that's simply a "we don't want or need a football only" isn't the same as a general "no" though. If they vote no on us and then take a UCONN or NDSU Football only then it's a real bad look.

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:18 am

Think UMass must exhaust it's football only options to appease some folks before an all sports MAC move is given a green light. Don't believe in football only as being short sighted and usually does not last long and then we'd be back as independents. Do New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama teams really want to travel to Western Mass over the long haul.
Go UMass!!

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:03 am

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:10 pm

I’m a hell no to the MAC.