New UMass Football Coach 2021

Don Brown's back and there's gonna be stability. Hey na, hey na, Don Brown's back.
UMass1991
Junior

Re: New UMass Football Coach 2021

Post by UMass1991 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Umass_Minuteman wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:37 pm don brown and liam as the o coordiantor and head coach in
waiting!!! i
Sure, who has the $ for what it would cost to hire both?

wmmmfan
Senior

Post by wmmmfan » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:44 pm

McKinney wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:16 pm Personality and recruiting ability? Dude you should have kept Bell!
@TheDylanCorey wrote: Bamford said he's "wide open" to hiring any coach regardless of prior experience or lack thereof. "I don't have a framework for any particular characteristics or side of the ball or coaching expertise." Said the focus is more on personality/fit/recruiting ability.
https://twitter.com/TheDylanCorey/statu ... 0718864385
RB is a clown, end of discussion.

m626t
Hall of Fame

Post by m626t » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:01 pm

We are gonna go ahead and wait until after all the bowl games before the AD hires a well respected search consultancy to survey the landscape and put forward an astonishing list of potential head coach candidates, all who will have a strong desire to coach the worst football team in the NCAA D1 :roll:
All due respect, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna pass.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:03 pm

Here's the press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiCDm5bsMLc
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:07 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:03 pm Here's the press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiCDm5bsMLc
Watched it and here's the summary for those who didn't see it. "He's the best 2-23 coach we ever had!"

vanmeter
Hall of Fame

Post by vanmeter » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:15 pm

The pullover Bamford has on is from Kittansett Golf Club - one of the most prestigious in the state. You would think that he could, at least, have a sports coat or something with a UMass logo. A total failure as AD.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:18 pm

vanmeter wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:15 pm The pullover Bamford has on is from Kittansett Golf Club - one of the most prestigious in the state. You would think that he could, at least, have a sports coat or something with a UMass logo. A total failure as AD.
What a total idiot! Embarrassment is all I can say! There goes his buddy Walt, one less at the Longmeadow Country Club on our dime...

There went Bamford's stupid five year plan that he had with Bell.

rayers
Senior

Post by rayers » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:26 pm

This is a link to Don Brown discussing multiple coaching strategies. What I really love is his approach to finding recruits and getting them in the best situation to utilize individual strengths. This to me is THE most important consideration and strategy in coaching at any amateur level, with possible exception of the Alabamas of the world. Obviously he’d be great to have back at UMass but at the least we need a HC who feels similarly to make the most of our limitations. It’s exactly the way Cal coached when he was here! Check it out. You’ll want to open your Bitcoin checking account!?! Someone needs to send this to BamBam.

https://www.hudl.com/blog/blitz21-solve ... of-arizona

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:41 pm

I love this thread - no really I do. It sums up Umass in one neat package. How do any of you know who will actually want this job? Seriously.... Don Brown ain't coming [back] here any more than Calapari is. "No P5 OC's, no retreads, no no no..." UMass is in no position to make any demands of any kind - Who the fuck do we think we are?

I mean if we are just going to throw names out there let's shoot for Nick Saban or Ed Ogeron is available soon - how about we bring Jimmy Johnson out of retirement. For Fuck Sakes..... You guys kill me.

So Maz, when is the B1G coming for us now - 15 years, 20?

I know I am ranting and most of you think i am just a negative asshole but I am a realist. I love Umass and I follow their major sports religiously; however my expectations are simply not as lofty as most. UMass in simplest terms IS NOT A DESTINATION. It has been run by one inept AD after another since Nascar Bob occupied the corner office. Umass could have absorbed a bad hire and recovered, but it has been a long long long time since the right hire was made for Football or Basketball and it will take a major miracle at this point.

Their is a chasm separating what we all want and what we are going to get in just about all of these sports. Umass has NOTHING to offer a P5 or even any of the better G5's right now. That puts is in geographical purgatory as now you would need to stretch too far south or west for the entire program to be in a conference that suits football. Basketball is officially a current day Wilson/Gurlefson era.... I watch hoop posters spend as much time reminiscing about former players (playing for other schools) as they do this team.... "Wait till next year" is a self fulfilling prophecy as next year is ALWAYS a year away.

I get blasted for stating that success is as simple as a team meeting or beating expectations by people who want an NCAA tourney and 20+ wins EVERY YEAR when this team hasn't scared 20 in 8 years and only twice in 17 years. And I am the crazy one..... Ok!

You all can speculate on who you want until your last breath - i get it, that is what people do. Personally I question ANY legit HC who wants to come here. That leaves us with guys like Walt bell who are Good OC's/DC's and want their own gig but are not quite ready for a legit FBS Gig yet.

Bamford is as likely taking all the names he gets and spinning a wheel to pick as he is to dissect, assess and pick the right one at this point. I am not much of a Bamford fan either, but the guy only can do so much with what he has to work with.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:49 pm

^ You are quoting Zoomass84 and another jokester... :lol:

rayers
Senior

Post by rayers » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:16 pm

Eldon you obviously did not watch the Brown link. I am not suggesting he or anyone of his caliber or experience level would want or even consider the job at UMass. It is the approach that he takes in finding and utilizing players that I am trying to present as the point. I think it would be extremely advantageous for Bamford to look at any coach with a similarly creative and dedicated perspective. That’s all I was trying to present.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:18 pm

rayers wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:16 pm Eldon you obviously did not watch the Brown link. I am not suggesting he or anyone of his caliber or experience level would want or even consider the job at UMass. It is the approach that he takes in finding and utilizing players that I am trying to present as the point. I think it would be extremely advantageous for Bamford to look at any coach with a similarly creative and dedicated perspective. That’s all I was trying to present.

You're fucking delusional! :roll: :lol:
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:31 pm

rayers wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:16 pm Eldon you obviously did not watch the Brown link. I am not suggesting he or anyone of his caliber or experience level would want or even consider the job at UMass. It is the approach that he takes in finding and utilizing players that I am trying to present as the point. I think it would be extremely advantageous for Bamford to look at any coach with a similarly creative and dedicated perspective. That’s all I was trying to present.
I did not quote you rayers. The second post in this thread mentioned Brown (and Coen) and other threads in the the football have mentioned Brown multiple times. In fact I did not see your post until I hit submit as you posted that while I was composing.

As for you IV --- whatever guy, you are a helpless fanboy.....

Umass can't hire someone who doesn't want the job, and who really would want it (that is proven) as it sits right now..... Boden can tell the entire country to lower your expectations, maybe the Umass Fandom should do the same for this coaching search.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:51 pm

Anywho... Since we cannot speculate on who should come and coach here, what should we talk about? Any ideas?

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:58 pm

Is that what Brown told you when you called him?? Sure Brown is a longshot but when you factor in things like family and grandkids it might not be that long.