Game Six: UConn

Get ready for some MACtion
TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Re: Game Six: UConn

Post by TheInsider » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:29 am

It's done a lot now.. we line up... the D lines up.. the coaches see the formation of the D then call they play. Feel great for the guys on the team. They needed this. 2 weeks to heal up. Would like to see Lytle back.

wmmmfan
Senior

Post by wmmmfan » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:11 am

Very happy for the team with the win yesterday. This team has ability, they have some winnable games left on the schedule. I thought the play calling on offense was predictable but I’ll give Bell credit for his use of Wise, I thought he provided a lift. We have a nice one two punch at quarterback in development.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:32 am

TheInsider wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:29 am It's done a lot now.. we line up... the D lines up.. the coaches see the formation of the D then call they play.
The problem yesterday was more on D for us. Guys were out of position and still looking at the sidelines when UConn snapped.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:40 am

A day to celebrate!!! We want Bama!
Last edited by KahunaK on Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 am

Fabulous Band Day Win in Amherst !!!!! Umass played harder and wanted the win more than the sled dogs. Lots of room for improvement but an impressive win nonetheless. On to Florida State ! GOOOOO UMASS !!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

m626t
Hall of Fame

Post by m626t » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:13 am

glad they won but can't get too excited about a victory over a crappy team with a makeshift coaching staff and perhaps more missing pieces than we do. Just saying.
All due respect, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna pass.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:24 am

m626t wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:13 am glad they won but can't get too excited about a victory over a crappy team with a makeshift coaching staff and perhaps more missing pieces than we do. Just saying.
:lol:

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:40 am

Old Cage wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:35 pm
2. Several times UConn snapped when our guys were not nearly ready. They were very slow to react to the no huddle, and at times 3-4 of them were still looking at our sidelines for the incessant signaling. What is up with that?
I think we all saw this, and while we won and I'm thrilled for the guys, the coaching still leaves a lot to be desired. UConn looked disinterested and for the first time this year we were the more talented team. Bell gets a reprieve after this game but Restivo hasn't fixed anything IMO. It's just that we played a team with a really bad offense and a QB who missed some wide open receivers.

Thank goodness for Merriweather. What a tough SOB. He was gassed at the end but kept fighting.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:50 pm

Not surprised to see the clueless curmudgeons bitching and whining about our UMASS players and coaches even after they beat a favored UConn team 27-13...... don't have something nice to say? then Shut your pie holes and let our young and improving football team celebrate and enjoy a well deserved win - they busted their asses and all that some of you negative nancys can do is bitch & whine.... have some baguette & brie to go along w/all that whining you silly clowns..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeeDeeBee
Sophomore

Post by DeeDeeBee » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:11 pm

:D :D :D

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:11 pm

Great read: https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2021/10 ... ts-amherst

UMass and UConn are now 2-2 as FBS programs, and think I was jealous of them ten years ago...

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:20 am

Great win... sluggish early but really took over and dominated a bad team in the 2nd half. It is always beautiful when UMass beats UConn in anything.

But now the program has to build off of this. All the BS from last week hasn't disappeared... there are still some major issues here that need to be resolved and this program needs to show improvement... now.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Upstate10
Senior

Post by Upstate10 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:18 am

We absolutely 10000% have to, need to, must win both of the FCS games. I want to believe we're getting close to turning the first corner but I can't entertain that idea too seriously unless we go 2-0 against URI and Maine. Nothing else the rest of the way matters besides those two games. Playing FSU or Liberty relatively close would be nice and NMSU is a team that we can definitely beat, even on the road, but if you drop either of those FCS games the season is a failure.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:05 am

^ Yup, If we lose to URI on homecoming. A team that was going to drop down to a lower conference; that UMass dominated in the FCS/1-AA days, the season will be a failure (unless we beat FSU/Liberty/Army/Maine at the same time).

Another great read: https://www.extrapointsmb.com/umass-col ... ccess-fbs/

Bamford's excuse that there isn't a lot of FBS talent in the local area--NO SHIT SHERLOCK! It doesn't seemed to be hurting the hockey program that has players from all over the country/world, but few from a hockey state such as Massachusetts. UMass football always had recruiting pipeline from Florida but that went away with Bell for some reason. There is a ton high school football talent in the NJ/PA/OH areas that are within driving distance...

I did notice that Walt Bell wasn't mentioned once in the whole article...

Sheck
Hall of Fame

Post by Sheck » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:05 am

UConn will be on the schedule for awhile (as we probably all expected).

https://twitter.com/UConnSN/status/1447728476447035397
#maction 🚩#flagship