Game Six: UConn

Get ready for some MACtion
Worcester_To_Amherst
Senior

Re: Game Six: UConn

Post by Worcester_To_Amherst » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:43 pm

The team looked like they really wanted it the whole game. Other than some stale play calling, they did exactly what they needed to do to win. No big mistakes and solid D. The team looks motivated despite being made into a joke this week, good on them.

Sheck
Hall of Fame

Post by Sheck » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:49 pm

I am really enjoying UConn fans lamenting their team and status of their program on the way out.
#maction 🚩#flagship

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:05 pm

Missed an opportunity to wear toilet bowl necklaces after this win! Anytime we best UConn I’m happy. Good for the guys but this does nothing walt’s job security.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:09 pm

Quann wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:05 pm Missed an opportunity to wear toilet bowl necklaces after this win! Anytime we best UConn I’m happy. Good for the guys but this does nothing walt’s job security.
Very happy!

Bell is still a terrible coach. Did you hear him making the same excuses about scholarship numbers and having a scout team last fall during the post-game on field interview...

Rolling Ridge
Junior

Post by Rolling Ridge » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:17 pm

Happy to get a win, especially against UConn. Merriweather and the O-Line deserve a lot of credit, and the defense made some good plays too. It wasn't beautiful, but it sure beats losing.

It was genius to have #14 and #29 constantly shifting #69. I'm sure that confused the hell out of UConn and was a big factor in the victory. :lol:

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:40 pm

Three things that made me happy:
1) The UM students storming (don’t get to use it much - not finding a replacement)
2) UM police not doing anything to stop them!
3) VERY KEY
The UM students WANTING to storm ( still using it) the field !!

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Finally a win. I watched the first half and then we went out to dinner with us behind 10 - 7. Did get home in time to see the last 8 minutes of the game with us leading. The team sure deserves a victory.

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:33 pm

Go UMass!!

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:35 pm

Two observations:

1. I'm impressed with the student leadership of The Reindeer. Hockey fans will know who I mean.

2. Several times UConn snapped when our guys were not nearly ready. They were very slow to react to the no huddle, and at times 3-4 of them were still looking at our sidelines for the incessant signaling. What is up with that?
Last edited by Old Cage on Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:41 pm

At the game. Key to me was no UMass turnovers, the one fumble was recovered, surrounded by UConn fans who slumped the last 8 minutes or so - fun to see.

A buddy who came with me who is a big USF alum and fan said he had never seen so few different plays called by UMass - especially runs that seemed to be the same 2 or 3 calls all day. He also has now attended 6 UConn games, all losses, FWIW.

Nice to see the undergrad enthusiasm after the win.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

jjmc85
Senior

Post by jjmc85 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:06 pm

Congrats to Coach Bell. Nice video of him and the players celebrating afterwards. He’s now tied for second all time in wins since the program moved up to FBS :twisted: :lol:
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

Upstate10
Senior

Post by Upstate10 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:36 pm

Really proud of the program.

harbo
Hall of Fame

Post by harbo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:38 pm

Congrats to the team. No idea if it was a well-played game, but a W is a W. Stats that stick out include 407 yards to 291 and a time of possession of about 39 minutes to 21. Pretty cool that the fans rushed the field. How many of you guys were out there?

Watched the Texas A&M win over Bama and their fans also stormed the field. Difficult to distinguish between the two scenes :twisted: They did note that there will be a $150K fine from the NCAA for the A&M storming. It would be just our luck that the NCAA would conceive our post-game celebration at the same level as the Aggies.

Also noted a commercial after the A&M game by the NCAA showing a three-second snippet from each NCAA championship and included a UMass hockey celebration following a goal. Sweet.

Sheck
Hall of Fame

Post by Sheck » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:02 am

^
The fine will come from the SEC as it is a conference policy prohibiting fans rushing the field. To my knowledge there is no NCAA rule.

Had I been on that side of the stadium I probably would have joined in to be honest, lol.
#maction 🚩#flagship

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:53 am

Old Cage wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:35 pm
Several times UConn snapped when our guys were not nearly ready. They were very slow to react to the no huddle, and at times 3-4 of them were still looking at our sidelines for the incessant signaling. What is up with that?
I've noticed this just about every game, players seem to be waiting and seems to be confusion as to what is being run. Seemed like the play clock was half gone and players still looking over to see what the play was. And seems like rarely theres a huddle. maybe its the new thing but there seems to be alot of waiting
Time to Win