Game two: BC

Get ready for some MACtion
DrG
Senior

Re: Game two: BC

Post by DrG » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:13 pm

For the record, let me say that I don't think going to the game was a waste of gas. :)

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:34 am

I fully expected us to get slaughtered. Boy was I wrong.

Regardless of how the 1st half ended, we only gave up 14 points. That was huge in and of itself. And then we started to score.... our team showed up to play and there are signs of life for this program. Now we need some consistency, but Saturday certainly was a good building block. Eliminate a few of the mistakes moving forward and we might be onto something here.

Brady Olson showed us why he is the future of this program. With that said, by all accounts, Lytle is the better QB (right now) and obviously more experienced.... if he is healthy, he should play. If not, I'm not opposed to Olson being our guy right now.... but I would like to see them get an extra year out of him if they can.

Kudos to the students that stayed. After the shitshow announcement on Thursday, I didn't really expect to see many students make their way down... but they did, and a lot stayed for the game. Hopefully they left with a somewhat positive impression.

A couple of nitpicky things:
-Stop turning people away from the lots if they show up 5 or 2 minutes before they "officially" open. Amateur hour. People like @zachisgod drive up from NJ to be part of this here, I think we can give him an extra 5 minute in the lot if he happens to get here a tad early.
-Craft beer was $14 a pop!!!!! Yikes. Selection was good, though.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:15 am

KahunaK wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:49 am
Old Cage wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:29 am The Martians may have landed by his fifth year. We NEED confidence and wins RIGHT NOW!
Lots to be excited about for a change. Agree that Olson seems like a gem. For a true freshman to step in and perform as he did-WOW! His performance was sublime. With FBS in such a flux, no one has any idea what UMASS football will look like in five years. Congrats Coach Bell, QB Olson and all the Minutemen! GO UMASS FOOTBALL!

Love the Maroon tops with white pants- that should be UMASS' uniform at home always!!! Don't like the cursive U.

The whole uniform was amazing. How do you not love those helmets? Make that the permanent home uniform. Perfect!

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:17 am

^^^^
I feel like UMass needs an official position of Czar of Tailgating because the school is clueless on creating a great tailgating atmosphere. It was awesome pre FBS during the 2000s but since 2012 they’ve created all these obstacles for tailgating.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:55 am

DrG wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:13 pm For the record, let me say that I don't think going to the game was a waste of gas. :)
HERE HERE !!!!!!! The only waste is the waste of space on ea's perpetual cranky asinine negativity ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:17 am

Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:55 pm

Sort of a backhanded compliment from a BC follower, but I'll take it.

"The Temple QB is so bad he makes the UMass kid look like Patrick Mahomes."