Nice Article on Milt Morin

Get ready for some MACtion
econalum
Hall of Fame

Nice Article on Milt Morin

Post by econalum » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:33 pm

Full history, including his Browns years. A bit before my time.

https://www.brownsnation.com/milt-morin/
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

m626t
Hall of Fame

Re: Nice Article on Milt Morin

Post by m626t » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:43 pm

very interesting article. thanks for posting.
All due respect, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna pass.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:51 pm

Very detailed. Ah, the days of the 2 way players. Morin and Meers both played both ways if I remember correctly as defensive ends.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:51 pm

Very interesting, thanks. Used to see him when we would go to the antique store on Rt 9. His son Monte was in a few of my classes at UMass and looked just like his father. Monte has gone on to be a very successful journalist.

https://www.latimes.com/people/monte-morin

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:33 pm

Nice Article about an All Time UMASS Great: Milt Morin !!

It was great to see the photo of the UMass Wrestling team - It would truly be awesome to bring back a wrestling program. During the pandemic I've found myself watching more and more Big10 Wrestling - its literally better than 97% of everything else on cable.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

m626t
Hall of Fame

Post by m626t » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:15 pm

Jack wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:33 pm Nice Article about an All Time UMASS Great: Milt Morin !!

"... During the pandemic I've found myself watching more and more Big10 Wrestling - its literally better than 97% of everything else on cable.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I used to watch lot of wrestling, but since I prefer to see the best athletes when available, it was of the professional variety. One of my early favorites was Cowboy Bob Ellis, forever famous as the inventor of the bulldog headlock and the first man to reverse the figure-four leglock.
All due respect, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna pass.

daveyboy
Freshman

Post by daveyboy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:26 pm

Milt Morin was Gronklike before there was Gronk.A real nice guy.Used to enjoy going into his antique store.Since I was from the Fitchburg-Leominster area(Northern Kingdom) had plenty of stories to tell.Abother Leominster great tight end was John Hulecki
and the Rob Blanchflower.

daveyboy
Freshman

Post by daveyboy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:40 pm

Jack wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:33 pm Nice Article about an All Time UMASS Great: Milt Morin !!

It was great to see the photo of the UMass Wrestling team - It would truly be awesome to bring back a wrestling program. During the pandemic I've found myself watching more and more Big10 Wrestling - its literally better than 97% of everything else on cable.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quoteThe late wrestling coach Homer Barr was my landlord.He had a big Victorian home right across from Emily Dickinson s house in Amherst.Another great athlete from Penn State that left his mark at UMass. Greg the Hammer Valentine used that finishing move as a
dog whistle highlighting his overwhelming nastiness

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:14 pm

I remember when they shut down the wrestling program, it was a very traumatic event at the time. My high school wrestling coach was a former UMass wrestler and we would go over to watch them practice and go to matches and cheer them on. Some of the UMass wrestlers would come to our practices and matches and we really looked up to them. Sad time when they shut it down for a lot of people.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:24 pm

m626t wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:15 pm

"... During the pandemic I've found myself watching more and more Big10 Wrestling - its literally better than 97% of everything else on cable.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I used to watch lot of wrestling, but since I prefer to see the best athletes when available, it was of the professional variety. One of my early favorites was Cowboy Bob Ellis, forever famous as the inventor of the bulldog headlock and the first man to reverse the figure-four leglock.
Bruno Samartino and Sky Low Low & The Unpredictable Johnny Rodz.........Classy Freddie Blassie and The Grand Wizard were great managers!!!!

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:07 pm

I have a neighbor who used to live in Cleveland and still is a Browns fan. He certainly remembers Milt and how great he was.