TAPED GAMES

Get ready for some MACtion
Berkman
Hall of Fame

TAPED GAMES

Post by Berkman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:29 pm

Being kind of confined to staying in the house I was checking out how many BB & FB games I have on tape. I know that in the past people have expressed looking for games the some of us have recorded. If I am able to transfer them to DVD's I would like to make some kind of arrangements to share them with those that wanted copies.

Right now I just started watching the UMass Delaware game at Delaware on 10-15-11. Having a hard time to remember most of the players.The running back is Hernandez. Sure would be nice to get one like him for next season.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Re: TAPED GAMES

Post by Berkman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Finished watching the UMass/Delaware game from 2011 which we won 21 - 10. We scored all our points in the 1st quarter. I know I had season tickets back then but I can't remember most of the players. Our QB was Palen and I don't remember him or Hernandez or his backup running back Broadnex. I do remember Julian Tally and the TE Igwenagu. Couldn't forget that name. Sure was nice to see a good UMass win.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 pm

Sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon Berkman. I'd love to know what games you have in the video library. :D

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:10 pm

I just got done watching the semi final game where we beat Montana 19 - 17 in the semifinal game 2006. Lots of great players in that game QB Liam Coen, JJ More , Brandon London and of course Steve Blaylock.

I have these games: FB vs Delaware in 2011, this Montana game, The APP ST championship game in 2006 and a Georgia Southern game ? ?.

For BB I have Memphis in 99 RI ? ?, Kansas in 08, ? ? in 2012, Seaton Hall in 2012, N. Illinois in 2013, Florida St IN 2013,St Bonaventure in 2014, Fordham in 2014, St Joe in 2014, Drexel in ? ?, and Temple in ? ?. Have to figure out how to transfer them to DVD's . Have not used the VCR/CD in many years but when I do I will let you know in case you would want copies.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:58 pm

I watched the championship game against APP ST that we lost. I was at that game with a couple of friends of mine. There was one play in the second quarter where Cohen threw an interception. The announcers said and showed it that it should have been a roughing the passer because he got hit in the head by a defensive player. I wonder how much a difference that would have made on the game?

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:40 pm

Dug out the 1998 championship game against Georgia Southern which we won. The first season under Mark Whipple and Don Brown. Lots of good players on the team starting with Todd Bankhead at QB, Marcel Ship at running back, Adrian Zulo at wide receiver, and a lot of great defensive guys. G S had 4 fumbles in the 1st quarter.Nice to enjoy watching a great game.

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:22 pm

Berkman wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:58 pm I watched the championship game against APP ST that we lost. I was at that game with a couple of friends of mine. There was one play in the second quarter where Cohen threw an interception. The announcers said and showed it that it should have been a roughing the passer because he got hit in the head by a defensive player. I wonder how much a difference that would have made on the game?
I was at that game as well. The play I remember most was when the App. State qb was running an option play and he got to the end of the line and a UMASS lb hit him so hard that I thought he broke his spine. My immediate thought was that is the end of the App. St. qb. Then the guy popped up like it was nothing. My next thought was uh oh-not good...these guys are tough. Great experience even though UMASS lost.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:43 pm

I'm pretty certain that was James Ihedigbo who dropped the lumber on Armanti Edwards... Very memorable hit. :D

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:13 pm

KahunaK wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:22 pm
Berkman wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:58 pm I watched the championship game against APP ST that we lost. I was at that game with a couple of friends of mine. There was one play in the second quarter where Cohen threw an interception. The announcers said and showed it that it should have been a roughing the passer because he got hit in the head by a defensive player. I wonder how much a difference that would have made on the game?
I was at that game as well. The play I remember most was when the App. State qb was running an option play and he got to the end of the line and a UMASS lb hit him so hard that I thought he broke his spine. My immediate thought was that is the end of the App. St. qb. Then the guy popped up like it was nothing. My next thought was uh oh-not good...these guys are tough. Great experience even though UMASS lost.
I was also there with 4 of my buddies, took a rental minivan down from MA. Great time despite the loss. We were outnumbered by Appy State fans by about 15-1 but we were still loud inside there. Armanti Edwards is one of the great FCS QBs off all time, we were privileged to have watched him in person.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:24 pm

Quann wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:13 pm

I was also there with 4 of my buddies, took a rental minivan down from MA. Great time despite the loss. We were outnumbered by Appy State fans by about 15-1 but we were still loud inside there. Armanti Edwards is one of the great FCS QBs off all time, we were privileged to have watched him in person.

The loss was the worst thing that happened. The 2nd worst thing was the toilet of that RV. :lol:
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:04 pm

I was there also and it was a great experience-other then the final score. I found the App fans really friendly and classy. That UMass team would beat any UMass FBS teams. Here's the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0lcPYlVuCU&t=1663s

e_parade
Senior

Post by e_parade » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:02 am

dennisdent wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:04 pm I was there also and it was a great experience-other then the final score. I found the App fans really friendly and classy. That UMass team would beat any UMass FBS teams. Here's the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0lcPYlVuCU&t=1663s
Wouldn't say they were all friendly and classy. At the end of the game as we were leaving there were several of the more drunk ones who were trying to get in fights with members of the band.

Source: I was in the band and witnessed this myself.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:07 am

Most were very friendly, while a few were not. I think that pretty typical of most fanbases, including ours.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:54 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:07 am Most were very friendly, while a few were not. I think that pretty typical of most fanbases, including ours.
The night before the game, I got into Chattanooga a little late. UMASS was holding a night before gathering at a bar but I was too late to get there. So I went to a random bar/restaurant that looked busy to get a bite to eat. I walked into the place and the place erupted in loud boos!!! At first, I didn't realize what was happening. I was wearing a UMASS pullover and this was the bar that the App State fans were gathering. So walked up to the bar while the boos continued. A couple of their fans were laughing and offered to buy me a drink. We chatted, they were pretty nice but I figured that a bar full of drunken football fans from the other school was not a place I wanted to hang out in. Nothing happened but I was glad to get out of there.

A similar thing happened to me at the first Michigan game- mostly good-natured ribbing. I had a rent a car and asked someone if my car would be ok. They said it depended on who won the game. They also said that it wouldn't have made a difference who won if I was sporting Ohio State colors.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:59 am

All the Appy State fans I encountered on that trip were pretty nice. One guy originally from Knoxville, Tennessee was obsessed with Peyton Manning so we had a good back and forth about the Pats and Brady dominating Peyton at he time. That was before Peyton's AFC Championship comeback and first super bowl ring. But yeah, I don't remember any real negative experience with that fan base, just the normal back and forth you get with championship games.