Game 2D: @ Marshall - 11/7 @2:30pm

Get ready for some MACtion
umass2msu
Junior

Re: Game 2D: @ Marshall - 11/7 @2:30pm

Post by umass2msu » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:39 am

How is this Bamford's fault? Bamford somehow is keeping this thing afloat.
You're not getting an established head coach or someone falling from the NFL to coach here... oh we did with Whipple and Shipp but Whipple was passed his prime and Shipp doesn't have enough experience.
Granted football is a joke now but this young class needs these 3 to hopefully 5 games for experience and with the class coming in next year now we can start to build and close the gap. Bell needs to play JJ and Koch more. I get cause MF has been here for 5 years you want to honor him so maybe he plays some snaps. I also think whoever is QB now doesn't really matter cause it's going to be Olsen's job to lose.
Yes I am a Minuteman!! Best 60 seconds of your life!!

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:09 am

umass2msu wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:39 am How is this Bamford's fault? Bamford somehow is keeping this thing afloat.
You're not getting an established head coach or someone falling from the NFL to coach here... oh we did with Whipple and Shipp but Whipple was passed his prime and Shipp doesn't have enough experience.
Granted football is a joke now but this young class needs these 3 to hopefully 5 games for experience and with the class coming in next year now we can start to build and close the gap. Bell needs to play JJ and Koch more. I get cause MF has been here for 5 years you want to honor him so maybe he plays some snaps. I also think whoever is QB now doesn't really matter cause it's going to be Olsen's job to lose.
Are you talking about Marcel Shipp? Shipp hasn't coached since 2017 after being fired by the Jets. He also beat charges of domestics violence because the witness wouldn't testify against him. Knowing UMass, there is no way that he coaches at UMass again. If Buffalo can hire a top D3 coach and win games for less money then Bell is making, why can't UMass do the same? Temple was a joke in football for years and were able to turn it around by hiring the right coach.

Bamford is doing his job, its donors like the Jacobson's and others who keeping this "afloat."

Absolutely agree that Koch should play more but wouldn't count on Olson until he steps on campus. Already learned this from the JC QB who didn't make it past the spring. I guess Bell feels that Fallon is the best QB on the roster this season....

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:50 pm

PreecherJenkins wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:38 am
Camby4Life wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:03 pm Opening line Marshall -45. Somehow people on this board think this program is improving.
Yup playing games equal improvement!!!
Yup. Pretty difficult to improve at playing football games unless you actually play football games.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:00 pm

^^^
I think Camby’s point is that anybody that is a 45 point dog to a team not named Alabama or Clemson is definitely not improving.

PreecherJenkins
Senior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:04 pm

Jack wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:50 pm
Camby4Life wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:03 pm Opening line Marshall -45. Somehow people on this board think this program is improving.
Yup. Pretty difficult to improve at playing football games unless you actually play football games.
Jack what is something we can measure to either see improvement or regression.
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

JUST SAY NO TO THE MAC

Camby4Life
Senior

Post by Camby4Life » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:59 am

PreecherJenkins wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:04 pm
Jack wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:50 pm

Can’t wait to hear Jacks answer. I’ll add a few stats from the first game to see if we can improve upon.
1st downs 10
Total yards 191
Defense yards 436
Turnovers 2
Penalties 6/29
Halftime score 28-0
Final score 41-0

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:10 am

Preech I don't know who the "we" is that you are referring to and i don't care what you measure or don't measure. Thats up to you amigo I'm not telling you how to watch a football game. I would measure how many fingers of bourbon you have in your glass. :lol: :lol:

I'm glad that our kids are getting the opportunity to play a game and get game experience in this bizarre season. Preparing for and playing games should help them to improve as a football team and individually. I'll be flipping between the game and breeders cup races and hoping to hit some trifectas and superfectas - i can definitely measure my handicapping and cash management skills by how fast my bankroll is diminishing. :D

As an old broken down former OL player I'll watch the game to see whether the team is competing, executing on offense, keeping their heads in the game, supporting each other, avoiding dumb pre-snap penalties and giving solid effort. Hopefully we'll see improvement in our OL play in terms of being able to run the ball more effectively and protect the passer. Hopefully we get an entertaining game and that our guys go out and exceed expectations.

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:14 am

Jack wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:10 am

Preech I don't know who the "we" is that you are referring to and i don't care what you measure or don't measure. Thats up to you amigo I'm not telling you how to watch a football game. I would measure how many fingers of bourbon you have in your glass. :lol: :lol:

I'm glad that our kids are getting the opportunity to play a game and get game experience in this bizarre season. Preparing for and playing games should help them to improve as a football team and individually. I'll be flipping between the game and breeders cup races and hoping to hit some trifectas and superfectas - i can definitely measure my handicapping and cash management skills that by how fast my bankroll is diminishing. :D

As an old broken down former OL player I'll watch the game to see whether the team is competing, executing on offense, keeping their heads in the game, supporting each other, avoiding dumb pre-snap penalties and giving solid effort. Hopefully we'll see improvement in our OL play in terms of being able to run the ball more effectively and protect the passer. Hopefully we get an entertaining game and that our guys go out and exceed expectations.
Thumbs up on your post Jack.
Go UMass!!

Camby4Life
Senior

Post by Camby4Life » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:24 am

Steve81 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:14 am

I'm glad that our kids are getting the opportunity to play a game and get game experience in this bizarre season. Preparing for and playing games should help them to improve as a football team and individually. I'll be flipping between the game and breeders cup races and hoping to hit some trifectas and superfectas - i can definitely measure my handicapping and cash management skills that by how fast my bankroll is diminishing. :D

Thumbs up on your post Jack.
You guys are both very lame. Let’s just hand out a participation trophy.

Kelz626
Junior

Post by Kelz626 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:00 pm

umass2msu wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:39 am How is this Bamford's fault? Bamford somehow is keeping this thing afloat.
Mark Whipple kept this program afloat and it seems Bamford wants to sink it. He had a coach in Whipple who consistently could win 4 games and be a few plays away from winning the other 8 games on the schedule.

Whipple wasn’t the answer moving forward but instead of bringing in a coach to bridge the gap he signed off on a coordinator with minimal experience that wanted to demolish what Whipple built and build the program back up from the ground. To this point Bell has shown he’s not capable of anything from recruiting to personnel decisions to game planning to in game adjustments he’s been a complete disaster. Bell and his group of Grad Assistants turned coordinators and position coaches are in way over their heads and the sooner they are out of here the better off we’d be.

The problem is we have Bamford who also is in way over his head and acts with a level of arrogance as if he’s at Ohio State or Michigan where he’s running a top 25 FB and MBB program. Bamford has failed in 3 of the top 4 most important hires he’s made being FB, MBB, Hockey and WBB. He botched the MBB hire and follows that up with McCall who needs Cormier to show him how to coach, needed to fire his entire staff and if it wasn’t for Tony coming in wouldn’t come close to having any hope of a winning record anytime soon. He hires Bell and we’re quickly seeing the same thing, hires a “mentor” in Jimmy Reid, has started firing his staff and more of the same will continue. Bamford is too arrogant to admit he makes mistakes and the programs and fans will continue to suffer as he continues to put bandaids on the problems instead of admitting he’s wrong and changing course

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:08 pm

Kelz626 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:00 pm
Mark Whipple kept this program afloat and it seems Bamford wants to sink it. He had a coach in Whipple who consistently could win 4 games and be a few plays away from winning the other 8 games on the schedule.

Whipple wasn’t the answer moving forward but instead of bringing in a coach to bridge the gap he signed off on a coordinator with minimal experience that wanted to demolish what Whipple built and build the program back up from the ground. To this point Bell has shown he’s not capable of anything from recruiting to personnel decisions to game planning to in game adjustments he’s been a complete disaster. Bell and his group of Grad Assistants turned coordinators and position coaches are in way over their heads and the sooner they are out of here the better off we’d be.

The problem is we have Bamford who also is in way over his head and acts with a level of arrogance as if he’s at Ohio State or Michigan where he’s running a top 25 FB and MBB program. Bamford has failed in 3 of the top 4 most important hires he’s made being FB, MBB, Hockey and WBB. He botched the MBB hire and follows that up with McCall who needs Cormier to show him how to coach, needed to fire his entire staff and if it wasn’t for Tony coming in wouldn’t come close to having any hope of a winning record anytime soon. He hires Bell and we’re quickly seeing the same thing, hires a “mentor” in Jimmy Reid, has started firing his staff and more of the same will continue. Bamford is too arrogant to admit he makes mistakes and the programs and fans will continue to suffer as he continues to put bandaids on the problems instead of admitting he’s wrong and changing course
Should've kept Whip around for as long as HE wanted..............Bamford did hit the jackpot with Carvell though. UMass football should be cancelled except the big people want it around, so we're stuck with this shitshow. Marshall 63-0. You don't want to see the Liberty game.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:39 am

ZooMass84 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:08 pm UMass football should be cancelled except the big people want it around, so we're stuck with this shitshow.
I hope you're referring to just this season....
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

PreecherJenkins
Senior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:54 am

I'm glad that our kids are getting the opportunity to play a game and get game experience in this bizarre season. Preparing for and playing games should help them to improve as a football team and individually. I'll be flipping between the game and breeders cup races and hoping to hit some trifectas and superfectas - i can definitely measure my handicapping and cash management skills by how fast my bankroll is diminishing. :D

I like Max. Security, Authentic and then Tiz the Law and Marshall minus 28 in the first half
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

JUST SAY NO TO THE MAC

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:49 am

PreecherJenkins wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:54 am
I like Max. Security, Authentic and then Tiz the Law and Marshall minus 28 in the first half
Got it 2/9/10 Tri Box

I really like the 8 Improbable w/Irad Ortiz in the irons. Will likely invest in a 2/8/9/10 Super Box

bottom line
Sophomore

Post by bottom line » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:27 pm

Best Bet: Frank's Rockette, Breeders Cup Sprint, 10/1 ML