Get ready for some MACtion
dennisdent
Senior

Re: Isaiah Rodgers

Post by dennisdent » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:35 pm

UMass'96 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:29 am
dennisdent wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:53 am Talking lifetime ban:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/06/06/colts ... fetime-ban

Should have donated that money towards the UMass football program or collective.
This is a bit of an unfair misrepresentation of the linked article. No one is suggesting a lifetime ban or that it is even likely. The article only positions that it is possible, given Goodell's authority and that it is in the written NFL gambling policy.
Read the headline again!!!!

"Pro Football Talk reports Rodgers is facing a potential lifetime ban from the NFL. Commissioner Roger Goodell has “unilateral authority” over all gambling-related cases"

From the article: "Rodgers’s allegedly “pervasive” gambling violations, reportedly including wagers involving the Colts, could be enough for the Commissioner to decide to give him the gambling policy’s version of the death penalty."

I didn't "misrepresent " anything! Rodger's is the idiot who bet thousands on his own team and may have ruined his own career! Don't try to bend my post fuck face! Also, go fuck yourself for making this about me and not Rodger's! He gets zero sympathy from me betting on his own team especially!

Doing my best Jack to get ready for football season :lol:

UMass'96
Senior
Location: Back in the good 'ole US of A not some 3rd world shithole

Post by UMass'96 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:21 pm

Wow. That's quite the reaction! :lol: Fuck face - I love it! Thank you Sir, may I have another?

Again, the article is speculative at best. Life time ban is one of the options available. There is nothing in the article (both of them) that states or indicates that this is where it is going. It's all inflamed possibilities on the part of the author, designed to grab and bring negative attention.

I don't disagree with you regarding Rodger's stupidity and his accountability. Nor was I trying to bend anything to redirect this towards you. I was simply making the observation that if anything, the author was spinning worst case result into mainstream belief, and then you promoted it. But there is nothing in the article that supports a Life Time ban is actually on the table other than it is a possibility.

The article also discusses multiple game and season long suspensions. Why wasn't this the headline? Or, his contrition? All of those are equally valid, and/or even factual. But, we chose to run with Life time ban....

When Goodell or the NFL releases a statement that indicates that they are considering a life time ban, then I'll agree. Until then, it's all pure drama.
Save your breath... you'll need it to blow up your date

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:39 pm

UMass'96 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:21 pm Wow. That's quite the reaction! :lol: Fuck face - I love it! Thank you Sir, may I have another?

Again, the article is speculative at best. Life time ban is one of the options available. There is nothing in the article (both of them) that states or indicates that this is where it is going. It's all inflamed possibilities on the part of the author, designed to grab and bring negative attention.

I don't disagree with you regarding Rodger's stupidity and his accountability. Nor was I trying to bend anything to redirect this towards you. I was simply making the observation that if anything, the author was spinning worst case result into mainstream belief, and then you promoted it. But there is nothing in the article that supports a Life Time ban is actually on the table other than it is a possibility.

The article also discusses multiple game and season long suspensions. Why wasn't this the headline? Or, his contrition? All of those are equally valid, and/or even factual. But, we chose to run with Life time ban....

When Goodell or the NFL releases a statement that indicates that they are considering a life time ban, then I'll agree. Until then, it's all pure drama.

You did nothing wrong.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:42 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:39 pm
UMass'96 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:21 pm Wow. That's quite the reaction! :lol: Fuck face - I love it! Thank you Sir, may I have another?

You did nothing wrong.
Go fuck yourself too! :lol:

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:47 pm

Jeez, okay, if this makes you feel better: The attached article talks about a lifetime ban. Dude, contact the author of the article with all your questions/concerns--leave me alone! :lol: Rodger's is still a shitbag for betting on his own team--you can quote me on that! The only reason he is showing "contrition" is that he got caught!

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:50 pm

dennisdent wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:42 pm
InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:39 pm

You did nothing wrong.
Go fuck yourself too! :lol:
Fuck Face!!!! fuck you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:41 am

We need a new Fuck Face emoji
Time to Win

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:48 am

Is it me or why do the UMass guys always get into trouble? Camby cost us an actual Final Four recognition even though he got us there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now the best DB CB type guy we ever had is basically the Pete Rose of the NFL????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:56 am

ZooMass84 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:48 am Is it me or why do the UMass guys always get into trouble? Camby cost us an actual Final Four recognition even though he got us there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now the best DB CB type guy we ever had is basically the Pete Rose of the NFL????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
More like the Art Schlichter of the NFL... :( :( :(

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:01 am

Floyd wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:41 am We need a new Fuck Face emoji
Need a picture of Jack. :D

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:39 am

dennisdent wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:01 am
Floyd wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:41 am We need a new Fuck Face emoji
Need a picture of Jack. :D
September is coming.........you and Jack are going to put on the boxing gloves and go at it :oops: :cry: :roll: :lol:

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:13 pm

dennisdent wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:35 pm
UMass'96 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:29 am
dennisdent wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:53 am Talking lifetime ban:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/06/06/colts ... fetime-ban

Should have donated that money towards the UMass football program or collective.
This is a bit of an unfair misrepresentation of the linked article. No one is suggesting a lifetime ban or that it is even likely. The article only positions that it is possible, given Goodell's authority and that it is in the written NFL gambling policy.
Read the headline again!!!!

"Pro Football Talk reports Rodgers is facing a potential lifetime ban from the NFL. Commissioner Roger Goodell has “unilateral authority” over all gambling-related cases"

From the article: "Rodgers’s allegedly “pervasive” gambling violations, reportedly including wagers involving the Colts, could be enough for the Commissioner to decide to give him the gambling policy’s version of the death penalty."

I didn't "misrepresent " anything! Rodger's is the idiot who bet thousands on his own team and may have ruined his own career! Don't try to bend my post fuck face! Also, go fuck yourself for making this about me and not Rodger's! He gets zero sympathy from me betting on his own team especially!

Doing my best Jack to get ready for football season :lol:
That's some angry "fonting" right there :shock:

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:19 pm

He'll be suspended for 2023, according to ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/379 ... thers-week
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:57 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:19 pm He'll be suspended for 2023, according to ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/379 ... thers-week
Ridiculous suspensions.

Beat your wife, 4 games. Gamble on a different sport for fun, whole season.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:36 pm

^^^^
He bet on his own Colts games. I get the hypocrisy with how tied in the nfl is with fantasy and gambling but that should be common sense not to do that.