Game 9: vs Liberty - 11/2/2019

Get ready for some MACtion
dennisdent
Senior

Re: Game 9: vs Liberty - 11/2/2019

Post by dennisdent » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:41 pm

ZooMass84 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:34 pm
dennisdent wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:33 pm Bell's quote after the game: "We’re a little bit of a tired, run down group right now. We desperately need a great
offseason in front of us so our bodies can withstand the rigors of a football season.”

What a frigging idiot--his team played four games over TWO months and they're tired and run down??? All he does is give excuses! Three of the games were over by half-time. Didn't he start the season off by saying how much more depth they have this season and bigger and stronger! He needs to GO!

https://umassathletics.com/documents/20 ... Quotes.pdf

Bell at the beginning of the season (He is so full of shit):

“It’s a completely different group physically, it’s a completely different group from a recruiting standpoint,” Bell said. “It’s really a different team and obviously one that looks much more like the vision that we have. We’re not there yet, but it looks much closer to what our long-term vision for the program is moving forward.” If scoring an average 3 per game and giving up 40 is his long term-version--we're screwed!

https://www.gazettenet.com/Football-101 ... s-36496352
No shit---we're screwed!!!! What's worse is that we have to suffer this idiot for 3 more years!!!! We're worse off now than when we shit-canned Molnar. At least he was gone after the 12th game of 2013. Bell can't 1) coach 2) in-game coach 3) recruit 4) hire competent assistant coaches. HE IS NOT A HEAD COACH.
I almost wish we were 1AA again and going to the playoffs and going 8-3 and 9-2 most years.
Yup, we're screwed! I thought about setting up a GoFundMe to buy him out but why waste any our own money--let Bamford feel the pain as Bell gets his direct deposits.

This program would need up the recruiting if it went back to the CAA. :wink:

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:44 pm

inthescoop wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:37 pm There is no future for this program under this coach, and I don't see a coach coming in and creating a miracle. Disband the program or go back to FCS, and put the money towards academics.
I agree with you 100% except what we are experiencing is called ACADEMIC WELFARE. Just read the article "UMass football crosses the rubicon" and you will know what I'm describing. There are FBS schools who dropped football (Cal State Fullerton) but only one FBS who went voluntarily to FCS (Idaho). The money budgeted for football will evaporate, not go to the Physics or Chemistry depts.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:52 pm

inthescoop wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:37 pm There is no future for this program under this coach, and I don't see a new coach coming in and creating a miracle here; Disband the program or go back to FCS, and put the money towards academics.
I really don't want it disbanded and would prefer to go back to FCS if it keeps going this bad. That being said, I saw Bell's contract on the other board and it is beyond ridiculous when you really look at it. Bell is getting paid so much money and then they give him a free country club membership, fly his wife for free to away games and give him $1000.00 a month for a car. I am DONE donating after reading that. FUCK YOU Bamford and Bell! You're not going to play golf on my dime and your wife can pay for her own flights (or to fly on the charter)!

Bell's contract from 24/7 site:

ttps://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/football/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2019/08/Walt-Bell-UMass.pdf

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:20 pm

Well, let's hope bball and hockey have strong seasons, although COVID threatens.

Football? Just a joke. UMass FB lives in a cylinder, but promises 'we're just about to turn the corner'.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:48 am

econalum wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:20 pm Well, let's hope bball and hockey have strong seasons, although COVID threatens.

Football? Just a joke. UMass FB lives in a cylinder, but promises 'we're just about to turn the corner'.
You know the punchline of the joke: And they kept playing..............

I really hope they just drop the program at this point. But they won't because of all the money these 30 employees are making that they could never make anywhere else.