UConn to Big East 2020

Get ready for some MACtion
Steve81
Hall of Fame

Re: UConn to Big East 2020

Post by Steve81 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:51 am

econalum wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:25 am Boy things must have REALLY fallen apart at UConn to have this second announcement of his immediate leaving.
Yes, they threw the football program under the bus after making it to a bowl game in the AAC. They had some down turns in both basketball and football. Went all in to the Big East and being an independent is just another head wind that we experienced/ing for football.
Go UMass!!

jpatsfan
Junior

Post by jpatsfan » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:57 am

Steve81 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:51 am
econalum wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:25 am Boy things must have REALLY fallen apart at UConn to have this second announcement of his immediate leaving.
Yes, they threw the football program under the bus after making it to a bowl game in the AAC. They had some down turns in both basketball and football. Went all in to the Big East and being an independent is just another head wind that we experienced/ing for football.
I am legit worried ConnU might get a bad idea and either move football back down or cut it all together.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:30 pm

Maybe we can get their 10 or 15 best players and impr.... er... I mean stay the same!

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Is this the first time Holy Cross forced an early coach retirement? Could be! lol

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:23 pm

I must admit I am surprised at the UCONN debacle. They were in the Fiesta Bowl...one would think that would carry them for a long while. They have some big donors which I thought could keep the program afloat but it didn't happen. I guess FBS football is hard.

When Edsell landed at Maryland-it seemed like everyone hated him from the get go which was surprising given his success at UCONN. I guess there are a couple of morals to the Edsell story- you can never go back and the only thing that counts in sports is What have you done for me lately?

Not that I am shedding a tear for UCONN but I generally want New England schools to do well (except for BC).

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:56 am

KahunaK wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:23 pm I must admit I am surprised at the UCONN debacle. They were in the Fiesta Bowl...one would think that would carry them for a long while. They have some big donors which I thought could keep the program afloat but it didn't happen. I guess FBS football is hard.

When Edsell landed at Maryland-it seemed like everyone hated him from the get go which was surprising given his success at UCONN. I guess there are a couple of morals to the Edsell story- you can never go back and the only thing that counts in sports is What have you done for me lately?

Not that I am shedding a tear for UCONN but I generally want New England schools to do well (except for BC).

See Whipple, Mark

As for UConn - Fuck them. They are far, far worse than BC ever was when it comes to smugness and pompusness (is that even a word?). They doubled down on their Asshole-Quotient when they hired Hurley. They looked down on the likes of Umass and tried to buddy up with the P5 who see UConn exactly for what they are - NOBODY.

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:52 am

eldonabe wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:56 am
KahunaK wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:23 pm I must admit I am surprised at the UCONN debacle. They were in the Fiesta Bowl...one would think that would carry them for a long while. They have some big donors which I thought could keep the program afloat but it didn't happen. I guess FBS football is hard.

See Whipple, Mark

As for UConn - Fuck them. They are far, far worse than BC ever was when it comes to smugness and pompusness (is that even a word?). They doubled down on their Asshole-Quotient when they hired Hurley. They looked down on the likes of Umass and tried to buddy up with the P5 who see UConn exactly for what they are - NOBODY.
Not often, but really like this post eldonabe!
Go UMass!!

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:34 am

Pomposity is the word you're looking for.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:09 pm

econalum wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:34 am Pomposity is the word you're looking for.
Nope, liked your prior post a lot. Post anything you like as InnervisionUMass did out of reference about Parking after my post regarding Photoman saying a lot of rules for a winless program. The main change is lot 33 used to be for same day paid parking is now only for advance parking sales and UMass has identified lots to be used as free parking lots. There was no need of him say for a winless program given what 2020 was 4 games with Covid protocol rules, no spring and extremely limited practice and scheduling anyone as an independent. Will continue to call out, respond to anyone posting that is a mis representation of a program, ticket sales, and being popular enough to be able to charge for parking.

Know a lot of you are un-comfortable of my views, even if they evolve. It is what it is but will give another example out right slander as the stadium was 70% sold out at the time of his post.
PreecherJenkins wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:36 pm Know the game is six days away but there seem to be an awful lot of tickets out there....

is it the covid scaring people away (Fair if so)

Is it boycotting a losing program

Is it BC fans who are NOT going to travel to see a blow out?

will umass fans stepppppp up?
Available Tickets and see 5 out of 20 sections are available for tickets.
https://umasstix.evenue.net/cgi-bin/nco ... Code=&cgc=
Go UMass!!

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:29 pm

eldonabe wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:56 am

See Whipple, Mark

Agreed. I love reading The Boneyard and they are beside themselves!!!!! so great to see them AFU!!!!