2018 - Game 8: vs Coastal Carolina 10/20

Get ready for some MACtion
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: 2018 - Game 8: vs Coastal Carolina 10/20

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:23 pm

eldonabe wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:07 pmYou continue to prove just how single minded and immature you are. Did you learn anything in your 7+ years of college?

I'm sorry you don't like the suggestion that sunglasses defend against the sun, as it related to someone complaining about having to squint to see the game. God forbid. At no point was I suggesting one "just deal with it." It was pointing out that one can sit on the home side without having a problem with the sun. How fucking difficult is that for you to understand? Scratch that... I know you understand it... you just cant help being a miserable prick.

Your attack on me here is very D3, D2 at best. And in the case of this specific line, I have no problem being immature. I guess I proved you right on that point.... You're welcome.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:52 pm

I already made the comment about the home side being in the sun and I think that is a true home-field advantage for cold weather days. Even if it is only one or two games MAX per season. The decision was obviously made for filming purposes from the press box - so whoever (I'm guessing Eldon) made the comment about things requiring a jackhammer to move to the current home side, yes it would. The petty arguments on this board sometimes, I'll tell ya.

The bottom line is a home field advantage on the actual playing field (real or not) is worth much more than getting to see the front of the band during the half time show. I get that some people go there specifically for the band, but if you're doing that then maybe you should be sitting on the best side of the field that shows the band. There are reasons for everything - and they don't face the band away from the home side just to stick their ass (literally, :lol: ) in your face.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:12 pm

I asked some time ago about moving the home side of the seating to the "sun" side of the field an was told that they had to do it to have the sun behind the cameras for TV. Plus they want to show the stands being "full" when we have a decent crowd. Don't look good with a lot of empty seats on TV.

My season tickets were in section 6 row BB. Would be quite a climb for me now with an arthritic knee. Went to an Ortho guy and got a cordizone shot but that did not help much. I use Blue Emu and that helps a lot.

MajBugman
Senior

Post by MajBugman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:09 pm

photoman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:44 am
InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:05 am
Old Cage wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:41 am I've not understood why anyone would sit on what is now the home side. You get to squint directly into the sun, especially now with 3:30 games. We switched the first year, and when Mrs. Cage realized that not only would she be looking at the backs of the band members on the field, but you can't hear them in the stands, we switched right back.

Sunglasses solve that problem.
And if you're concerned about terrible playcalling, blown coverages and losing to "newcomer" football schools, really, really, really dark sunglasses solves that problem.
Brilliant idea. Embroider UMass on them and sell them at the concession stands. IV will like that fact that they are really purple. I think you have something

Raise the bar, do the minimum.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:12 pm

^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well played sir!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 pm

MJatUM wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:52 pm I already made the comment about the home side being in the sun and I think that is a true home-field advantage for cold weather days. Even if it is only one or two games MAX per season. The decision was obviously made for filming purposes from the press box - so whoever (I'm guessing Eldon) made the comment about things requiring a jackhammer to move to the current home side, yes it would. The petty arguments on this board sometimes, I'll tell ya.

The bottom line is a home field advantage on the actual playing field (real or not) is worth much more than getting to see the front of the band during the half time show. I get that some people go there specifically for the band, but if you're doing that then maybe you should be sitting on the best side of the field that shows the band. There are reasons for everything - and they don't face the band away from the home side just to stick their ass (literally, :lol: ) in your face.
In this day and age, they can put a camera anywhere. (Except at Umass where we still have a scissor lift, or two in action.) The home side in the sun is actually a home field disadvantage for all the early games. Too hot for our players-other team in the shade. I’ve been on the sunny side since we were asked. The band should face the home crowd. They do not need to be filmed from the press box. My wife is a band alum, and since we don’t sell anywhere near enough tickets, she gets up and goes to the other side to watch the show.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:32 pm

^
In this day and age, they can put a camera anywhere. (Except at Umass where we still have a scissor lift, or two in action.)

The primary cameras are in the press box.

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:43 pm

If you missed my earlier attempt at humor, I suggested that UGA will be handing these out along with a cigarette to every UMass fan in attendance.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:55 pm

I haven’t been to many games at McGuirk in the last few years. Why did they decide on changing the UMass season tickets to the other side?

DrG
Senior

Post by DrG » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:04 pm

^ When they got more TV games after moving to FBS. I agree with one of the posters that the main motivation was having the cameras pointed at a reasonably filled opposite side at McGuirk. When we play at Gillette, the band plays toward the UMass side opposite the cameras. To be honest, I think this program has bigger problems than which side the band plays to.

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 pm

DrG wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:04 pm To be honest, I think this program has bigger problems than which side the band plays to.
Every little thing adds up and influences people to come back or not. However, most folks are not going to be incentivized to watch a team that consistently loses to the likes of Coastal Carolina, even if the bathrooms, band, weather, whatever factor you throw out there is perfect.
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:49 am

2nd and 25 wildcat play still is driving me nuts!
Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:05 am

Berkman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:32 pm ^
In this day and age, they can put a camera anywhere. (Except at Umass where we still have a scissor lift, or two in action.)

The primary cameras are in the press box.
Yes they are. My point is the primary cameras are not needed to film the band halftime show. Or, they can add additional cameras if they want to gain a home field advantage by moving the team back to the cool side of the field.

MajBugman
Senior

Post by MajBugman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:19 pm

photoman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:43 pm

If you missed my earlier attempt at humor, I suggested that UGA will be handing these out along with a cigarette to every UMass fan in attendance.
:lol:
Raise the bar, do the minimum.

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:48 am

Cahoonaville wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:49 am 2nd and 25 wildcat play still is driving me nuts!
Whipped probably forgot that Marquis Young and Jessie Britt, were not playing at the time.