Game #2 @ Boston College

Get ready for some MACtion
Quann
Hall of Fame

Re: Game #2 @ Boston College

Post by Quann » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:24 am

Jack wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:57 pm
Quann wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:18 pm Whipple stinks. Never seen a good coach that constantly platoons qbs. Ford is probably constantly looking over his shoulder waiting for the hook. Tough to perform under that situation. Same old UMass.
Moronic and ignorant comment. Thanks for sharing.
Sorry I hurt your feelings Jack. Whipple is the over the hill my man.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:54 am

DrG wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:52 pm There are a lot of reasons why applications are up dramatically but FBS football isn't one of them. All you need to see is the mass exodus of students after the tailgating is over.
Yea there is no correlation between football and enrollment - if there was at all, the attendance would not be as paltry as it is.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:08 am

Quann wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:24 am
Jack wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:57 pm
Quann wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:18 pm Whipple stinks. Never seen a good coach that constantly platoons qbs. Ford is probably constantly looking over his shoulder waiting for the hook. Tough to perform under that situation. Same old UMass.
Moronic and ignorant comment. Thanks for sharing.
Sorry I hurt your feelings Jack. Whipple is the over the hill my man.

Jack - we get it, you are a Whip devotee. You must be from the the same Frat as the DK supporters.

Maybe the initial comment from Quann is a little short and overly to the point, but it is getting harder and harder to defend some of the things that Whip has been doing. We are all still mystified with the OC thing? Is he being stubborn, is it simply a budget thing, or is it an ego thing?

The QB merry-go-round is but one of many things that everyone is legitimately questioning. His play calling is all over the place, and while that may be a strategy to keep the defense guessing, it still is not really working that well. When your talent and raw ability says you should run a style of X, and you constantly try to mix in Y (especially before you have perfected X), you are going to fail.

Even if Comis and Ford are [hypothetically] of exact equal talent, they are definitely NOT of exact equal skill set. So your offense basically needs to know two separate play books. I am probably speaking for most here when I say Stop Fucking around and stick with one guy, then run the offense that suits that guy - we are not Alabama who is "platooning" All-Americans here.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:17 am

^^^^
Exactly. If Whipple thinks Comis is actually better for their offensive scheme then make him the full time guy. This waffling back and forth between two different style qbs is ridiculous. Like Eldonabe said this isn't a Jalen Hurts/Tua situation that we have here. Be a head coach, make a goddam executive decision, stick with it and lead these men confidently into battle.

DrG
Senior

Post by DrG » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:45 pm

I am not a critic of Whipple and I'm sure there's stuff I don't know, but I have never been a fan of the two-headed QB thing. I have no problem using Comis in short yardage and goal-line situations where he was pretty effective last year, but I think one QB has a better chance of getting into the flow of the offense.

mdogt12
Hall of Fame

Post by mdogt12 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:50 pm

BC fires Addazio

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:59 pm

BC fires their coach for winning 50% of his games and going to lower tier bowls. UMass AD has goals of going to lower tier bowls (hopefully) and winning 50% of the games in 4 -5 years. Something is wrong with this picture...

vanmeter
Hall of Fame

Post by vanmeter » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:13 pm

If Addazio was fired a year ago he would have been a good hire for us.
Did a very good job at Temple and a commendable job at BC. Ran a clean program at both places.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:33 pm

vanmeter wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:13 pm If Addazio was fired a year ago he would have been a good hire for us.
Did a very good job at Temple and a commendable job at BC. Ran a clean program at both places.
The knock on him is recruiting, though and that was where we struggle most.

jjmc85
Senior

Post by jjmc85 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:59 pm BC fires their coach for winning 50% of his games and going to lower tier bowls. UMass AD has goals of going to lower tier bowls (hopefully) and winning 50% of the games in 4 -5 years. Something is wrong with this picture...
Unless UMass goes to a P5 conference or BC gets kicked out, that’s how it’s going to be.
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

stevemaz
Senior

Post by stevemaz » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:40 am

He also had an issue with how he treated players both at BC and Temple. Unfortunately, that is part of the deal these days.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 am

As much as we hate BC they have much higher standards and goals than we currently do. Addazio would be getting a ticker tape parade down North Pleasant Street if he went 6-6 here.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:41 am

Quann wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 am As much as we hate BC they have much higher standards and goals than we currently do. Addazio would be getting a ticker tape parade down North Pleasant Street if he went 6-6 here.
At this point in time yes. But, don’t forget we fired Morris and Molnar. Whip was given a year or two too many based on his record. BC fans a deluded into thinking they should be winning 9 games a year. They have no coaches ever who have won at that rate. Being competitive then striving for bowl eligibility consistently is our first goal.