Antonio's @ Gillette?

Ringing the Bell on a new era of UM Football.
Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:42 am

Competition arrives in Boston:

http://www.crushpizza.com/category/dinn ... ppoli.html

They are packing them in on State Street.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:19 am

The rest of my posts have been Postponed until the next one.

ShadesOf96and98
Senior

Post by ShadesOf96and98 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:49 pm

Floyd wrote:What's the fascination with Antonio's vs other pizza?
Late to the party here, but I'll try to answer your question by saying that one of the morons at Barstool recently wrote a stupid column based around the point that because Antonio's cheese pizza isn't Earth-shattering, the entire place is overrated, which is akin to saying that going to the Caribbean sucks because your hotel room was average. Going to Antonio's for cheese pizza is like going to St. Barths to sit in your hotel room and watch TV.

No one loves Antonio's because the cheese is special, or the crust is perfectly crunchy, or the sauce is uniquely awesome. The makeup of Antonio's pizza is no different than pretty much any pizza place...it's just pizza. Antonio's is spectacular because of the unique, creative and spectacular outside-the-box topping combinations that you rarely find in another place. You can get a sandwich on a pizza, a pasta dish, a quesadilla, breakfast and everything in between.

I've lived in four states in two different time zones and been pretty much everywhere else in this country, and I am still yet to find another pizza place that does what Antonio's does, and that's why anyone who has ever spent time in Amherst since it's been around swears by it.
BUMPA wrote: You are one jaded dude.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:55 pm

^

Regarding the barstool article, I believe he got the cheese slice late at night as well, and we all know that the cheese pies put together for late night are put together differently than what is produced earlier in the day.

Antonio's is magical. Vinnie's in Brooklyn is a close 2nd. No shock that the owners of Vinnie's are Antonio's alum.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:31 pm

ShadesOf96and98 wrote:
Floyd wrote:What's the fascination with Antonio's vs other pizza?
Late to the party here, but I'll try to answer your question by saying that one of the morons at Barstool recently wrote a stupid column based around the point that because Antonio's cheese pizza isn't Earth-shattering, the entire place is overrated, which is akin to saying that going to the Caribbean sucks because your hotel room was average. Going to Antonio's for cheese pizza is like going to St. Barths to sit in your hotel room and watch TV.

No one loves Antonio's because the cheese is special, or the crust is perfectly crunchy, or the sauce is uniquely awesome. The makeup of Antonio's pizza is no different than pretty much any pizza place...it's just pizza. Antonio's is spectacular because of the unique, creative and spectacular outside-the-box topping combinations that you rarely find in another place. You can get a sandwich on a pizza, a pasta dish, a quesadilla, breakfast and everything in between.
I've lived in four states in two different time zones and been pretty much everywhere else in this country, and I am still yet to find another pizza place that does what Antonio's does, and that's why anyone who has ever spent time in Amherst since it's been around swears by it.
OK. Now that Shades has explained the reasoning behind it being so popular it makes more sense.

Kinda likin' the potato & bacon slices at primo's post game this past season tho
The E sho, best show in town

UMass02
Senior

Post by UMass02 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:45 pm

Sometimes they have crazy specials. One time they had a pizza with veggie toppings, feta cheese, and a spinach base in lieu of typical tomato sauce base. Great inspiration; I've made that pizza several times in my kitchen since seeing it at Antonio's.

ShadesOf96and98
Senior

Post by ShadesOf96and98 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:54 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Vinnie's in Brooklyn is a close 2nd. No shock that the owners of Vinnie's are Antonio's alum.
I'll cosign this as well.
BUMPA wrote: You are one jaded dude.

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:02 am

3 words. Chicken. Bacon. Ranch.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:44 pm

I'll add one... Lipitor
The E sho, best show in town