future scheduling talk

Get ready for some MACtion
minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Re: future scheduling talk

Post by minutefanjsf » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:20 pm

Steve81 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:08 pm Realize the administration will do what the deem best, but someone on the MAC board posted 2025 schedule and what we think.

08/30 - Temple
09/06 - at Boston College
09/27 - Troy
10/18 - at Missouri
11/01 - at Liberty
11/15 - at Iowa
11/22 - at Army
11/29 - at UConn

Liberty and Army are probably gone. Now I'm torn with Boston College. Like playing them but strongly dislike their attitude. We are having a home and home with an SEC team. Boston College is in the ACC, which is a full level down in CFP playoffs. Hope in the next 1 or 2 we have a stadium upgrade proposal pass. Then would like to see a 3 game series, home (ON friggin' campus BC!) , away at BC, and neutral site Gillette. With this attitude, like to push out the BOSTON College game, keep the 2 home OOC games, keep the money game Iowa, and UConn. We still will not have an FCS game thou and hope we can push out the Missouri game. I'm not you guys, but as long as we have Boston College or UConn on the schedule every year, then it is a big bonus to have on an occasion both.

With the above schedule, think we will be bowling in 2025.
However, we may need to bump out the Iowa game because of MACtion weekday games and Missouri not wanting to move the game.
I want the Iowa game for sure!

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:12 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:20 pm
Steve81 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:08 pm Realize the administration will do what the deem best, but someone on the MAC board posted 2025 schedule and what we think.

08/30 - Temple
09/27 - Troy
10/18 - at Missouri
11/01 - at Liberty
11/15 - at Iowa
11/22 - at Army
11/29 - at UConn

Liberty and Army are probably gone. Now I'm torn with Boston College. Like playing them but strongly dislike their attitude. We are having a home and home with an SEC team. Boston College is in the ACC, which is a full level down in CFP playoffs. Hope in the next 1 or 2 we have a stadium upgrade proposal pass. Then would like to see a 3 game series, home (ON friggin' campus BC!) , away at BC, and neutral site Gillette. With this attitude, like to push out the BOSTON College game, keep the 2 home OOC games, keep the money game Iowa, and UConn. We still will not have an FCS game thou and hope we can push out the Missouri game. I'm not you guys, but as long as we have Boston College or UConn on the schedule every year, then it is a big bonus to have on an occasion both.

However, we may need to bump out the Iowa game because of MACtion weekday games and Missouri not wanting to move the game.
I want the Iowa game for sure!
Now I'm torn with Boston College
I had the misfortune of going there when they went to the Cotton Bowl...........Jesus, there was no end to Flutie.....I forget if the coach was Bicknell or Coughlin.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:15 pm

08/30 - Temple
09/27 - Troy
10/18 - at Missouri
11/01 - at Liberty
11/15 - at Iowa
11/22 - at Army
11/29 - at UConn

8 conference games 4 OOC. I'll go with Temple at home for a possible win (they really suck), Troy, @Iowa, @UCan't (except in hoops, I can't take it anymore. 6 National champs, stop it)

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:18 pm

UMass'96 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:22 pm At this point, let's just hope that "The Problem" still shows up... Although, given the season that he is having and in contrast the season that Casula is having..... it's a toss up at best. The venue and attendance will take care of itself.
"The Problem"
it was so great when he ran it in vs NMSU and the announcer said "that guy is A PROBLEM"!!!!!