Since Miami (Oh) Yeah tried to introduce a dialogue...

Get ready for some MACtion
harbo
Hall of Fame

Since Miami (Oh) Yeah tried to introduce a dialogue...

Post by harbo » Wed May 22, 2024 11:53 am

... and found that we are well~versed at derailing topics, I would like to get an idea of the various fanbases in the MAC. Which schools have the most dedicated fans and which fanbases are the most annoying or the most meh? What schools have the biggest rivalries and in which sports? Which team do you despise most? My assumption is that football rules, but which schools are typically near the top (and soon to be steamrolled by UMass 8) ). Which sports are usually dominated by one or two teams? What is the best road trip? Where do you get the best food? Is hoops a big-time thing, a big-time wannabe, or a nice diversion sport? Or any other thoughts you may have are welcome.

Miami (Oh) Yeah !
Sophomore

Re: Since Miami (Oh) Yeah tried to introduce a dialogue...

Post by Miami (Oh) Yeah ! » Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:54 am

harbo wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:53 am ... and found that we are well~versed at derailing topics, I would like to get an idea of the various fanbases in the MAC. Which schools have the most dedicated fans and which fanbases are the most annoying or the most meh? What schools have the biggest rivalries and in which sports? Which team do you despise most? My assumption is that football rules, but which schools are typically near the top (and soon to be steamrolled by UMass 8) ). Which sports are usually dominated by one or two teams? What is the best road trip? Where do you get the best food? Is hoops a big-time thing, a big-time wannabe, or a nice diversion sport? Or any other thoughts you may have are welcome.
Most dedicated fans? - Toledo, Ohio, Western Michigan.... Then Miami For basketball - Akron, Kent, Buffalo, Ohio
Most meh? Eastern Michigan & Ball State

Biggest rivalries? Miami/Ohio - Akron/Kent - BG/Toledo - Central Michigan/Western Michigan
The MAC is trying to force a rivalry between NIU & Ball State or Ball State & Miami but Miami doesn't care about Ball State even though we are right next to each other. Ball State doesn't really have a rival and neither does Buffalo but hopefull UMass will become Buffalo's and NIU & Ball State can pretend to be rivals

Most Miami Football fans despise these teams Cincinnati - Marshall - Ohio
For basketball Ohio

Best road trip for UMass fans would be Ohio, Miami, & Western Michigan after Buffalo

Hoops in the 80's & 90's was pretty good in the MAC but budget and focus went toward football and Miami/WMU/BG are trying to juggle hockey in the equation.

Akron is a big on soccer and Kent on baseball

As a 90's Miami fan, our Football rivalry with Cincinnati was one of the best and still is one of the Top 5 oldest consecutive played rivalries in the country having played each other 127 times with an all-time series of 60-60-7. EVEN. It was good to beat them again this year after a long skid as they have drastically upped the money they throw at their program now to get into the BIG XII

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_B ... 0%93Miami)

Ohio has a rivalry with Marshall and I wish Marshall was back in the MAC
Last edited by Miami (Oh) Yeah ! on Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:29 am

Yaaaawwwwnnn.... wake me up when this conversation is over.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:24 am

Thanks Miami. Don’t mind Eldon, we aren’t allowing him on the bandwagon when we are banging out MAC football games at mcguirk 😎

harbo
Hall of Fame

Post by harbo » Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:13 pm

https://ainsworthsports.com/football_pl ... _umass.htm
https://ainsworthsports.com/football_pl ... _miami.htm

Found this site which can give a decent view of our past players (as well as the Redhawks). Admittedly, I did not recognize too many of he Miami players, nor would I expect the Redhawks' fans to recognize many of our guys.

Yes, that is Yogi Berra's son and Yogi was often seen roaming our concrete palace. Some of my personal favorites that immediately come to mind include Samuel, Ayi, Shipp, Ihedigbo, Sharpe, Ducasse, and Vitiello.

I don't like the Steelers at all, so by default, Roethlisberger is low on my list. Sorry.