2022 Season

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Post Reply
User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 16342
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: 2022 Season

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:44 am

Day of game pricing is absurd and I know for a fact that it has caused a few people to not come back again. I certainly have no issue with there being a cost difference between pre-sale and day-of purchasing, but this remains stupidly drastic.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Jack
Senior
Posts: 1405
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: 2022 Season

Post by Jack » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:40 am

$40 to park your car near McGuirk seems unduly excessive.

photoman
Senior
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:25 pm
Location: Attleboro

Re: 2022 Season

Post by photoman » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:23 am

I've got a better idea. Determine parking fee AFTER the game as you exit. Blowout Loss- FREE PARKING, Lose by two TD's or fewer- $15.00, Win by a TD- $20.00, Win by more than than two TD's- $25.00

I've submitted this plan to Admin. :lol:

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 10574
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: 2022 Season

Post by 69MG » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:48 am

photoman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:23 am I've got a better idea. Determine parking fee AFTER the game as you exit. Blowout Loss- FREE PARKING, Lose by two TD's or fewer- $15.00, Win by a TD- $20.00, Win by more than than two TD's- $25.00

I've submitted this plan to Admin. :lol:
I'll add to this. Do the same for ticket prices. :lol:

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2009
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:17 am

Re: 2022 Season

Post by minutefanjsf » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:07 am

Jack wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:40 am $40 to park your car near McGuirk seems unduly excessive.
It’s only that price if not purchased prior to the game. Parking at McGuirk is very inexpensive compared to most college football,

ZooMass84
Junior
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: 2022 Season

Post by ZooMass84 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:15 am

Jack wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:40 am $40 to park your car near McGuirk seems unduly excessive.
If at the end of the game we have more points than the opponent, I'll pay $100 to park.

ZooMass84
Junior
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: 2022 Season

Post by ZooMass84 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:16 am

photoman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:23 am I've got a better idea. Determine parking fee AFTER the game as you exit. Blowout Loss- FREE PARKING, Lose by two TD's or fewer- $15.00, Win by a TD- $20.00, Win by more than than two TD's- $25.00

I've submitted this plan to Admin. :lol:
then for the last 3 years parking was FREE

Sheck
Senior
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:13 am
Location: NH

Re: 2022 Season

Post by Sheck » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:23 pm

As long as they keep the lots next to Mullins free, I won't complain. At worst it's a 20 minute walk or $10 uber.
We got our coach! #Flagship 🚩

TheInsider
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4052
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:12 am

Re: 2022 Season

Post by TheInsider » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:18 pm

I'm more concerned with who will be the QB and how has the team looked the first 4 days.. Per usual we've heard virtually nothing. Hopefully the coverage will pick up this week.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2009
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:17 am

Re: 2022 Season

Post by minutefanjsf » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:25 pm

TheInsider wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:18 pm I'm more concerned with who will be the QB and how has the team looked the first 4 days.. Per usual we've heard virtually nothing. Hopefully the coverage will pick up this week.
Not a lot of people covering the team anymore. No masslive or gazette full time beat reporters.

User avatar
Quann
Senior
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: Hopkinton, MA

Re: 2022 Season

Post by Quann » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:02 pm

photoman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:23 am I've got a better idea. Determine parking fee AFTER the game as you exit. Blowout Loss- FREE PARKING, Lose by two TD's or fewer- $15.00, Win by a TD- $20.00, Win by more than than two TD's- $25.00

I've submitted this plan to Admin. :lol:
Brilliant!! I'm all in on this proposal.

TheInsider
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4052
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:12 am

Re: 2022 Season

Post by TheInsider » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:13 am

If you guys want some humor go read some of the stuff over on the Boneyard... there are a few realists there but many are saying 4-6 wins for UConn is realistic with easy wins over CCSU, UMass, and FIU.. I get being optimistic, and they should be, but they have a tough schedule. They have the 47th rated schedule in the country.. ours is 130 (easiest) I think UMass ends up with 1 or 2 more wins than UConn.

tdmass
Senior
Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:40 am
Location: Ormond Beach,Florida

Re: 2022 Season

Post by tdmass » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:55 am

I've seen more coverage of Uconn FB than UMass TBH and I don't look for it like I do for us. It's obvious our fan base is not as engaged yet. Hey, we don't even have a TV package for our home games yet (but the AD says we will)!

ZooMass84
Junior
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: 2022 Season

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:19 am

TheInsider wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:13 am If you guys want some humor go read some of the stuff over on the Boneyard... there are a few realists there but many are saying 4-6 wins for UConn is realistic with easy wins over CCSU, UMass, and FIU.. I get being optimistic, and they should be, but they have a tough schedule. They have the 47th rated schedule in the country.. ours is 130 (easiest) I think UMass ends up with 1 or 2 more wins than UConn.
3 wins: Stony Brook, NMSU, UConn

ZooMass84
Junior
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: 2022 Season

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:45 am

TheInsider wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:13 am If you guys want some humor go read some of the stuff over on the Boneyard... there are a few realists there but many are saying 4-6 wins for UConn is realistic with easy wins over CCSU, UMass, and FIU.. I get being optimistic, and they should be, but they have a tough schedule. They have the 47th rated schedule in the country.. ours is 130 (easiest) I think UMass ends up with 1 or 2 more wins than UConn.
They are beyond delusional at the "Boneyard"........some of those morons say 6 wins......how about 1 win: Central CT state? They play 4 P5 schools and Liberty and Army. Why do you hire a HC who hasn't coached a down in 5 years?

Post Reply