2023 Recruiting

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
inthescoop
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3861
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:40 pm
Location: NYC

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by inthescoop » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:09 pm

Rico Watkins commits to UMass. Amazing.

He held offers from Oregon, Nebraska, and Mississippi State.

Upstate10
Junior
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by Upstate10 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:07 pm

Is feeling I have about UMass football excitement? Is that allowed?

ZooMass84
Junior
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by ZooMass84 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:17 am

inthescoop wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:09 pm Rico Watkins commits to UMass. Amazing.

He held offers from Oregon, Nebraska, and Mississippi State.
Un-F*-ing believeable!!!! BTW 2023 sched is favorable. Just don't like the Auburn game at #2.

wmmmfan
Senior
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:16 am
Location: Western Mass

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by wmmmfan » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:26 pm


User avatar
R1zzo23
Freshman
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:58 am

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by R1zzo23 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:24 am

Wow great additions with these two!

UMass1991
Junior
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by UMass1991 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:58 pm

Add Donovan Dyson LB to the list. AJ has committed to Ball State. Guess they offered a better situation

GOODY
Sophomore
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:38 pm
Location: Bonita Springs, Florida

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by GOODY » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:42 pm

UMass1991 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:58 pm Add Donovan Dyson LB to the list. AJ has committed to Ball State. Guess they offered a better situation
His Twitter account says he’s coming to UMass

UMass1991
Junior
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by UMass1991 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:24 am

GOODY wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:42 pm
UMass1991 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:58 pm Add Donovan Dyson LB to the list. AJ has committed to Ball State. Guess they offered a better situation
His Twitter account says he’s coming to UMass
Yes that is whatI meant. Dyson committed to Umass

GOODY
Sophomore
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:38 pm
Location: Bonita Springs, Florida

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by GOODY » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:45 am

UMass1991 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:24 am
GOODY wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:42 pm
UMass1991 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:58 pm Add Donovan Dyson LB to the list. AJ has committed to Ball State. Guess they offered a better situation
Fantastic
His Twitter account says he’s coming to UMass
Yes that is whatI meant. Dyson committed to Umass

Online
TheInsider
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4060
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:12 am

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by TheInsider » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:37 am

Now have the #2 class for indy's on 247 ahead of BYU. Also #82 in the country right now with one more yet to be graded.

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 10582
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by 69MG » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:06 pm

Fight Massachusetts
@FightMA247
Ottawa, ON native and Phillips Exeter OT Uber Ajongo has made his commitment to #UMass public
https://247sports.com/player/uber-ajongo-46116990/
Ajongo chose the Minutemen over offers from EMU, WMU, Kent State and Jackson State among others
3rd OL commit in a row for UMass and perhaps the last for '23
That's 9 commits already for next year. I can't recall when we ever had this much of a head start.

tdmass
Senior
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:40 am
Location: Ormond Beach,Florida

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by tdmass » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:21 pm

^ And not one of them from Mass! Here I thought Mass, especially Springfield Central (T Brower coached) would be our "pipeline'. Shows how much I know!

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 16344
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:26 am

tdmass wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:21 pm ^ And not one of them from Mass! Here I thought Mass, especially Springfield Central (T Brower coached) would be our "pipeline'. Shows how much I know!

That might still take another year... I would suspect many of the very good players from SC were probably already committed elsewhere or had very good offers when Brown brought Brower on. We may also see SC kids who go elsewhere first end up "coming home" to UMass with Brower here.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

UMass1991
Junior
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by UMass1991 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:50 pm

Tristen Sion has decommitted today. Not good. Now we have to see if they also lose Rico Arnold
Last edited by UMass1991 on Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online
TheInsider
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4060
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:12 am

Re: 2023 Recruiting

Post by TheInsider » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:23 pm

I'm sure he is as good as gone... in the past these would really hurt.. with the portal now.. we can recover

Post Reply