Done, and well.....done.

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Feato
Senior

Done, and well.....done.

Post by Feato » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:52 pm

Well. Season's over now @ 16-12.

Highly doubtful IMHO of a NIT bid this year...rough way to end it all.

Now, we wait...and well for some (many?)..hope.
MF

I'm a professional smartass.

samdunk
Sophomore

Post by samdunk » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:57 pm

No way in hell! Don't deserve it.
"Nobody told me there'd be days like these!"

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Too bad, a promising December, up and down in January, February started to fade...... Lap proves himself to NOT be a game coach throughout. Decent forward nucleus, but lots of work to do for the new guy.

NIT - not a prayer.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

McUMass

Post by McUMass » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:09 pm

and all we have from this whole season is a win over uconn... damnit :(

umassketball
Sophomore

Tale of two teams

Post by umassketball » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:39 pm

There were two UMass teams this year. There was the team that rose to the challenge and gave us the 3 or 4 quality wins that got us all excited, and there was also the team that made us break our feet kicking walls- the ugly losses and close OT wins against crappy teams. Ignoring Crappas, we were just too damn inconsistent. The great wins made us realize the potential of this team, and we took it out on the coach (and rightfully so I think). Hopefully, with a new coach, this team will consistently play to its potential. I'm really disappointed this season ended this way, but I'm also really excited about next year- with Lasme, Freeman, Bowers (minus the 3's), and the rest of the crew all returning. I'm thinking next year will be an "NCAA bubble/good run in NIT" team. Thanks to the seniors and especially AA for the memories.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:07 pm

If/when Lappy goes, who follows him, as some have claimed will happen? Could be some possible defections if there is a new coach & he brings in a few guys with him

UMfanatic
Freshman

Post by UMfanatic » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:17 pm

if the players are smart they wont follow
Umass is back in action!

Are you a fan or a fantatic?

Orange Julius
Senior

Re: Tale of two teams

Post by Orange Julius » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:43 pm

umassketball wrote: but I'm also really excited about next year- with Lasme, Freeman, Bowers (minus the 3's), and the rest of the crew all returning. I'm thinking next year will be an "NCAA bubble/good run in NIT" team. .
I've heard that for years now. I think we have two VERY good players in Freeman and Maxwell. After that we have a couple OK players but but no real depth and next year no pointguard and no back up point guard. We have a long way to go fellas. Fordham is on the upswing, URI gets Robinson back, Temple returns everyone, St. Joe's will be very good again, Charlotte comes in, GW returns just about everyone, Dayton plays a ton of freshmen, X will be better, etc.

krkess
Senior

Post by krkess » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:13 pm

OJ-I think you're wrong and you're right. I think UMass does have a good nucleus returning. I think we finally saw the Lawrence Carrier that many expected all year. This team does desperately need a point guard however. But this league will be a very good, if not excellent league next year, with only 3 seniors out of the 20 all-league and all-defensive team positions.

shovelhd
Hall of Fame

Post by shovelhd » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:35 pm

Don't forget about Lasme. I'd say he's better than "OK" and has shown upside potential.