Why Barbee?

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Umass89
Junior

Post by Umass89 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:46 am

.......c'mon Mike, I think we have to hear Treebeard's wisdom on the future of the program.....He certainly would take the "long view" if nothing else.
Llewelyn Moss: Is uh, Carson Wells there?
Anton Chigurh: Not in the sense that you mean.

Treebeard

Post by Treebeard » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:59 am

Hmmmmmm. Mike is the wizard of this journal. He reminds me of Gandalf when he was a young wizard. Young Gandalf always kept his mind upon the tasks at hand. Over the years, he learned to enjoy walks in the woods. But we must permit your wizard to keep us at task. And this root of thinking began with the question, "Why Barbee?" It seems to me that young Mr. Barbee has a very definite passion for this University of Massachusetts. He has spent time as an understudy to shepherds of basketball teams. It has been said that fruit never falls far from the tree. If young Mr. Barbee has stayed close the roots in which he played, and in which he was mentored, he may well be able to duplicate some of the same results. Young Mr. Calipari was willing to go anywhere to play anyone at anytime. It seems hasty to an old Ent. But it did make the people at the University of Massachusetts happy to see their team on the magic box in their homes. Soon, much more adept players were willing to come so they, too could be seen on the magic box. Strange wizardry in the box. Then, it seemed like many people from all over wanted to watch Mr. Calipari's charges on the box. I should imagine young Mr. Barbee would be likely to produce similar results. That is, if the fruit does not fall far from the tree. And I do know that Mr. Calipari is not an Ent. We roam, and we produce no fruit, not since we lost the Entwives. You might do well with a product of Mr. Calipari's tutlelage.

Wizard Mike, have I successfully returned to topic?

Hyperbole Defender
Sophomore

Post by Hyperbole Defender » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:30 pm

Hoops411 wrote:The best thing about you Hyperbole.....We will never hear from you after your butt buddy coach Lappas is let go :D
What would prompt you to post something like that?
Oh no you didn't!

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:47 pm

Hyperbole Defender wrote:
Hoops411 wrote:The best thing about you Hyperbole.....We will never hear from you after your butt buddy coach Lappas is let go :D
What would prompt you to post something like that?
The fact that it's probably true.
Word to your motha!

Hyperbole Defender
Sophomore

Post by Hyperbole Defender » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:10 pm

It's not. Just to end speculation.
Oh no you didn't!

UMInsider11

Press conference

Post by UMInsider11 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:50 am

Word in Boston is that Lappas firing Press Conference is Monday, then the fun begins. Sorry, no NIT.

Barbee has the support of a lot of the money alumni (especially in Boston).

Gonzales wants out of Manhattan

This will be interesting.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:00 am

Next week should be fun!!