Next Year at this Time...

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Hyperbole Defender
Sophomore

Re: Next Year at this Time...

Post by Hyperbole Defender » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:48 pm

Rocks22 wrote:Or, if Lappas is retained I think this place will be a Mullins-like ghost town as another underperforming team drives fans away to the point where they don't even care enough to take the time to log onto the board to bitch about the coach.
Maybe the people who didn't agree that making a post is an invitation to an argument will come back to the board. Maybe they won't.
Oh no you didn't!

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:54 pm

Hyperbole Defender wrote:
Rocks22 wrote:Or, if Lappas is retained I think this place will be a Mullins-like ghost town as another underperforming team drives fans away to the point where they don't even care enough to take the time to log onto the board to bitch about the coach.
Maybe the people who didn't agree that making a post is an invitation to an argument will come back to the board. Maybe they won't.
Seems like you're the one looking for an argument
Last edited by Floyd on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocks22
Hall of Fame

Post by Rocks22 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:55 pm

philosopher wrote:
Rocks, I think you underestimate the power of the people of this board to hold a grudge and keep this board alive :lol: . Remember, we have learned how to stay the course during 86 years between the Sox last two World Series championships! :shock:
Maybe you're right Phil, maybe it'll carry on as is. However, I think a lot of people are finding the next few weeks a make or break time for how important a role UMass hoops will play in their lives. Even the diehards' enthusiasm is waning.

HD, I can't think of many more argumentative posts I've read on this board than the firestorm of contrary posts you've unleashed in the last two days. At least other people argue about aspects of UMass basketball. You just argue about what people do or do not post. Maybe you should start your own site with a board dedicated to discussing the UMass hoops message board and its posters, not UMass hoops in general, just the board.

Hyperbole Defender
Sophomore

Post by Hyperbole Defender » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:04 pm

I think it's beneficial to illuminate the extremity to which the expression of dissatisfaction with Lappas has been taken. It's ok if you guys tone it down now, is all. It doesn't need to be so oppressive. I haven't even offered an opinion on the coach one way or the other, but I'm already lumped in with VoxPop by UMass87 and branded a "moron" by 78. It's just a little over the top with the squashing of any view that appears to be dissenting. Asking for some breathing room for people who don't think like you isn't the same as supporting Lappas.
Oh no you didn't!

Rocks22
Hall of Fame

Post by Rocks22 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:29 pm

Of course you're a moron and lumped in with Voxpop. You're a "newbie" who has posted 25 times in the last 24 hours, but all you're doing is blasting other posters. You've posted NOTHING of substance. You've posted NOTHING relative to UMass basketball. You are the ultimate board nanny at this point. Of course people are going to get on your case. Even the normally open-minded Philosopher who rarely will take the time to single out posters no matter how idiotic is tired of you.

You may have a good point about letting the more optimistic people talk about non-Lappas issues openly, but because you just sit here and bitch about posters and have zero credibility your posts are basically a joke.
Last edited by Rocks22 on Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:29 pm

Hyperbole Defender wrote:I think it's beneficial to illuminate the extremity to which the expression of dissatisfaction with Lappas has been taken. It's ok if you guys tone it down now, is all. It doesn't need to be so oppressive. I haven't even offered an opinion on the coach one way or the other, but I'm already lumped in with VoxPop by UMass87 and branded a "moron" by 78. It's just a little over the top with the squashing of any view that appears to be dissenting. Asking for some breathing room for people who don't think like you isn't the same as supporting Lappas.
We are still waiting for you to make your first cogent point. :lol:
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

Hyperbole Defender
Sophomore

Post by Hyperbole Defender » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:30 pm

Rocks22 wrote:Of course you're a moron and lumped in with Voxpop. You're a "newbie" who has posted 25 times in the last 24 hours, but all you're doing is blasting other posters. You've posted NOTHING of substance. You've posted NOTHING relative to UMass basketball. You are the ultimate board nanny at this point. Of course people are going to get on your case. Even the normally open-minded Philosopher who rarely will take the time to single out posters no matter how idiotic is tired of you.

You may have a good point about letting the more optimistic people talk about non-Lappas issues openly, but because you just sit here and bitch about posters and have zero credibility your posts are basically a joke.
You're being unreasonable.
Oh no you didn't!

Rocks22
Hall of Fame

Post by Rocks22 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:32 pm

I feel like I'm in a Monty Python sketch. :shock: :? :roll:

Hyperbole Defender
Sophomore

Post by Hyperbole Defender » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:33 pm

78 wrote:
Hyperbole Defender wrote:I think it's beneficial to illuminate the extremity to which the expression of dissatisfaction with Lappas has been taken. It's ok if you guys tone it down now, is all. It doesn't need to be so oppressive. I haven't even offered an opinion on the coach one way or the other, but I'm already lumped in with VoxPop by UMass87 and branded a "moron" by 78. It's just a little over the top with the squashing of any view that appears to be dissenting. Asking for some breathing room for people who don't think like you isn't the same as supporting Lappas.
We are still waiting for you to make your first cogent point. :lol:
No you're not. You're just waiting for me to slip up and reveal some secret Pro-Lappas agenda.

I've made plenty of cogent points. I'll continue to.
Oh no you didn't!

carrierustothepromiseland
Senior

Post by carrierustothepromiseland » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:37 pm

Rocks22 wrote:Of course you're a moron and lumped in with Voxpop. You're a "newbie" who has posted 25 times in the last 24 hours, but all you're doing is blasting other posters. You've posted NOTHING of substance. You've posted NOTHING relative to UMass basketball. You are the ultimate board nanny at this point. Of course people are going to get on your case. Even the normally open-minded Philosopher who rarely will take the time to single out posters no matter how idiotic is tired of you.

I love when people get bashed because they are a "newbie!" That is really great stuff. "You are an idiot! You have only posted 37 times, but I've posted 2,000 times, idiot!"

Rocks, the only two places you will ever be a "Hall of Famer" is on here, and in your head, congrats!

Hyperbole Defender
Sophomore

Post by Hyperbole Defender » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:40 pm

Rocks22 wrote:
I feel like I'm in a Monty Python sketch. :shock: :? :roll:
Was your post not a little over the top?

"Of course you're a moron..."
"all you're doing is blasting other posters..."
"You've posted NOTHING of substance..."
"because you just sit here and bitch about posters and have zero credibility your posts are basically a joke."

:roll:
Oh no you didn't!

Rocks22
Hall of Fame

Post by Rocks22 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:44 pm

I put newbie in quotes because I don't think Hyperbole Defender is the only name he's ever posted under.

I've never ripped newbies for posting, and I'm not sure where you're getting your hatred for me from. I only have problems with people pretending to be newbies. I post here under one name and one name only, everything I post on here comes back to me. Total accountability. I don't hide behind pseudonyms.

I don't give a shit how many times people have posted, nor how many posts I have.

Rocks22
Hall of Fame

Post by Rocks22 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:51 pm

Rocks22 wrote:
You may have a good point about letting the more optimistic people talk about non-Lappas issues openly...
Yes, how unreasonable.

You missed the point of my post, which was it's not what you're posting about makes you an idiot in the eyes of most, it's HOW you're posting and the fact that you haven't built up any credibility here that does.

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:53 pm

Ball handling guards should be available coming out of Juco - we should be fine. Anyone can see we need help there.

Phil - Viggs is not a superior ball handler - 3/Wing is his best position, a little too short for the 4. He hustles and can crash the boards.

I for one like our capabilities in the box, with Ray and Lasme, which also tend to be harder to find recruiting wise. Our red shirts are basically unknowns though.

Whether we have Lap or a new guy, I look for a similar record next year, with OOC away losses (UCONN, BC) and a better A10 record.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

Hyperbole Defender
Sophomore

Post by Hyperbole Defender » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:59 pm

I don't think I look like an idiot in front of anyone's eyes, and if I do, then that's a person with limited observation skills. What I do think I represent is a threat which is why I am being dealt with way others who have represented a threat to release something other than disapproval about Lappas have been dealt with.

Are you going to say in all honesty that there haven't been numreous things posted this season that you've recognized as unreasonable that you let slide because it's aligned with your way of thinking?

And I DO have a good point about letting more optomistic people talk about non-Lappas issues openly. What's unreasonable is the concept that this is something that needs to be permitted in order to take place.
Oh no you didn't!