"Just Like Practice" - The Official Boston College

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
krkess
Senior

Post by krkess » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:35 pm

Swampy wrote:
krkess wrote:
Swampy wrote: Except for that "Safety School," Holy Crap, BC has won all their games going away.
Actually, when they beat BU it was by only 6 and it took them 2OT to beat Yale.
And "actually" Umass beat Birmingpork Southern by four, Davidskid by three, BU by two and were blown out by N'Eastern the Zags and Miami.

My point is that I would KILL to have their record. What's yours? That, unlike BC, Umass would have rolled over Yale?
Actually, my only point is that you were wrong about BC winning all their games "going away", and I wanted to make that point since the two games I mentioned involved common opponents.
BC has escaped with some wins themselves and I think UMass has a very good shot at beating these guys despite their record.

bdance
Junior

Post by bdance » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:06 am

So what do the Minutemen need to do in order to win this game? Seems to me that for a start we absolutely have to get more than 14 minutes out of Lasme. It's almost a given that's he's going to foul out, but make those fouls count Bud! Knee to Smith's groin! Elbow to the breadbasket! Reuse the eye poke from last season. You can't stop him but make him pay for everything he gets. Carrier has decent size and bulk, so he's going to have to give up most of his quota of fouls as well. Having Bowers around for the entire game should help slow down BC's big guards who killed us last year. Defense and rebounds keep it close.

Real lunchbucket America: 67
Piffle Wannabes: 66

Attendance: 6100 . Big crowd hoping for a battle of 7 foot 3 point shooters. With Doornkompf at the line for the game, a timely Quebec separatist taunt from Olivier spooks him and he misses!

UMass02
Senior

Post by UMass02 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:25 am

bdance wrote: With Doornkompf at the line for the game, a timely Quebec separatist taunt from Olivier spooks him and he misses!
Tabernac

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:19 am

chuff wrote: Don't say I never did anything for you, IV. BTW, it was the Herald.

Asked to compare the talented Anthony Anderson and the UMass guards to what BC will face today, Smith said, "The UMass guards are great but not as good as St. Joseph's. (UMass) is like practice for us, and we have to be ready for the challenge (today)."

St. Joe's beat 'em.

Sweet deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

UmAstudent
Senior

Post by UmAstudent » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:27 am

BC just beat Kent by two last night.
Craig Smith hit a 12-foot jumper as time expired as Boston College came back from an 18 point deficit to beat Kent State 67-65 on Wednesday night.
So they arent unbeatable. Lets finish the deal.

philosopher
Hall of Fame

Post by philosopher » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:01 am

A two point thrashing of Kent! Wow. Grey Wolf must be howling at the moon with great delight. :lol:

Chemical Ali
Senior

Post by Chemical Ali » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:14 am

Actually, Kent is pretty good. They're 8-3 with road wins at Florida State and Creighton. They also lost at Marquette by only 4.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:54 am

UmAstudent wrote:BC just beat Kent by two last night.
Craig Smith hit a 12-foot jumper as time expired as Boston College came back from an 18 point deficit to beat Kent State 67-65 on Wednesday night.
So they arent unbeatable. Lets finish the deal.
But, so far, they are unbeaten!
In Matt McCall I trust!

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:55 am

Am I misreading things or is this going to be BC's first game on an opponent's home floor? The UCLA game was in the Wooden Classic.
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.

UmAstudent
Senior

Post by UmAstudent » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:09 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:Actually, Kent is pretty good. They're 8-3 with road wins at Florida State and Creighton. They also lost at Marquette by only 4.
Kent being good is about the same as BU being good. If people want to bash BU for being 7-3 and an American East team then they should do the same about Kent. Both UMass and BC needed big combacks to win. I still think UMass has the edge because this is BCs first REAL away game.

UmAstudent
Senior

Post by UmAstudent » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:57 pm

BC plays UConn just 3 days after our game. Maybe they will sleep on us for their big game at UConn.

CRR_
Senior

Post by CRR_ » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:12 pm

UmAstudent wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:Actually, Kent is pretty good. They're 8-3 with road wins at Florida State and Creighton. They also lost at Marquette by only 4.
Kent being good is about the same as BU being good. If people want to bash BU for being 7-3 and an American East team then they should do the same about Kent. Both UMass and BC needed big combacks to win. I still think UMass has the edge because this is BCs first REAL away game.
You don't really follow college basketball do you? Are you comparing the MAC to the America East? Being good in the MAC means you're probably better than almost all the A10 teams.
"For the record, they didn't steal the laptops; they sold them."

CRR_
Senior

Post by CRR_ » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:13 pm

UmAstudent wrote:BC plays UConn just 3 days after our game. Maybe they will sleep on us for their big game at UConn.
That doesn't sound like Al Skinner coaching. If you think he ever wants to lose to UMASS, you're mistaken.
"For the record, they didn't steal the laptops; they sold them."

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:57 pm

"Is this game on TV?" asked the guy who can't believe he's the guy that doesn't know that information off the top of his head whatthehell hashappenedtohim?
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.

tonymontana
Junior

Post by tonymontana » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:58 pm

Al is always chiillllling!!!
you wanna a job?........call me tommorah!