GO RED SOX !!

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
nale
Hall of Fame

GO RED SOX !!

Post by nale » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:26 am

I am suprised no one posted on this subject yet.

Great series for the Red Sox !!

Of course this win has nothing to do with the curse but now this team has an excellent chance to break the curse by winning four more games.

And it almost goes without saying. YANKEES SUCK !

sorry Mike for posting off topic :D
"This is my dream job''

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Re: GO RED SOX !!

Post by MikeUMA » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:29 am

nale wrote:sorry Mike for posting off topic :D
You have my blessing on this one. But no additional threads please, plenty open in the <a href="http://umasshoops.com/board/viewforum.php?f=6">General forum</a>.

We're not done yet. 4 More Wins! 4 More Wins!

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:29 am

The only thing worse than a sore loser is an ungracious winner.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

bdance
Junior

Post by bdance » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:39 am

That Yankee team reminded me of past Red Sox teams that tried and failed by relying on the long ball to try and cover up lousy pitching. I hear alot of talk about bringing on Beltran, but King George has more than enough offensive (and defensive) firepower. Write those checks for pitchers, pitchers, and more pitchers. And this Red Sox team is almost unrecognizable with the defense and just enough speed , which combined with everything else makes them the most balanced RS team I've seen in my lifetime.

Kosty
Hall of Fame

Post by Kosty » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:52 am

It's funny LS......a guy that sits next to me is a huge Yankee fan and is getting fed up by the Sox fans here crowing. He said "You know what....act like you've been there" and I said "You know what, they can't because they haven't". I guess we'll have to deal with the crowing until the NL winner thumps them in the Series.

krkess
Senior

Post by krkess » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:37 am

LS71 wrote:The only thing worse than a sore loser is an ungracious winner.
Give me a break LS, no group of fans in this country are more "ungracious" when they win than Yankee fans(yourself not included, of course)

DrG
Senior

Post by DrG » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:25 pm

For those of us who have had to put up with years of abuse and condescending arrogance from Yankee fans (some, not all), we deserve a day of this. However, it is my fervent hope that by Friday, we put the Yankees in our rear view mirror and focus on the final task at hand. I'm sure the players will.

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:32 pm

Question for Red Sox fans...what was the point of bringing Pedro into the game? Lowe was pitching great and your team had a big lead.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

chapter 11
Junior

Post by chapter 11 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:01 pm

Mike: Please appease your NY clientele and lock up this thread.

In all honesty, although I am quite upset with the outcome, congrats to all you Massholes out there on a good series. Ironically, I am scheduled to head up to UMASS this weekend for a reunion. Having second thoughts.

km109
Senior

Post by km109 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:09 pm

The company line on the Pedro thing is that he told them he could give them three outs. Foulke and Mendoza (for very different reasons) weren't going out there unless it was absolutely necessary, pressty much the same for Lescanic. Having said that, I was a little curious as to why they didn't use Myers, since Pedro wound up pitching to 5 lefties in a row.

Feato
Senior

Post by Feato » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:40 pm

^^^probably was expecting 3 outs...and not 3 outs, 2 runs and 5 batters to face... :lol:
MF

I'm a professional smartass.

Scott O
Senior

Post by Scott O » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:28 pm

While I think it is generally wrong to enjoy the suffering of my fellow human being, I was ecstatic to see those jerk fans last night with their heads in their hands, full of shock, anger and sadness. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Yankee Fan quotes:

"Everything I've always known to be right has been proven wrong." :(

"I feel like a 6-year-old who just watched his dog get hit by a car," :cry:

"I was hoping I would never see this day in my lifetime," :cry:

"This is worse the losing the World Series." said Curtis Amodio of Staten Island. "To lose to Boston, that's horrible." :cry:

"I wanted to see the Red Sox lose even more than the Yankees win," she said. "I loathe them." :cry:

ORTIZ HAS A POSSE!

Retarded artistically. Idiotic in other respects.

fbiman
Sophomore

Post by fbiman » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:27 pm

:lol: :!:
That's not an MP, that's a YP. Not My Problem, Your Problem.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:11 am

chapter 11 wrote:Mike: Please appease your NY clientele and lock up this thread.
Sorry Charlie. I live in the metro NY area and go to Yankee Stadium for Red Sox games more often than I make it to Fenway. I absolutely love it that this year we're the ones who are playing on.

zuksnj
Junior

Post by zuksnj » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:12 am

As a Mets fan, i dont like Boston all that much, but nothing sweeter than a Yankees loss. And I live in NY so this is real sweet. A devastating, heartbreaking, humiliating, choke of a defeat to their bitter rivals which will resinate in their deepest crevices for a long long time. I'm not sure what would have been better. The Mets winning the world series or the Yankees losing 4 in a row and the ALCS to nobody other than Boston. I'm noy here to take the high road, I'm here to stick this loss to the crust filled crack of my ass and shove it in the face of EVERY Yankees fan, good ones and bad ones.

Food for thought: What would the A's dfo with the Yankees payroll? Maybe go undefeated. People talk about Torre and Steinbrenner. That is TERRIBLE management that they cant win with those players nad that payroll. Maybe the worst management in history. With the exception of the Mets.
And still heavyweight champ..Umass basketball!