ABOUT what we........

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
anewfan
Freshman

ABOUT what we........

Post by anewfan » Thu May 01, 2003 4:40 am

...........expected..........months ago!!!

http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/2003/0430/1547385.html

anewfan
Freshman

Post by anewfan » Thu May 01, 2003 4:58 am

FreeThinking
Freshman

Post by FreeThinking » Thu May 01, 2003 9:13 am

Fordham was 2-26 and they beat us by double digits.

It's the players. Blame the players. When we get better players (and manage to keep them around more than a year) , we can probably expect to sweep a team like Fordham. Remember, we're fortunate to be paying Lappas hundreds of thousands of dollars to coach this program.

Kosty
Hall of Fame

Post by Kosty » Thu May 01, 2003 9:20 am

Hey BruLaughs......good to see you don't waiver from your thoughts on a subject.....I'm interested as to why you changed the word "lucky" to "fortunate". Maybe it's because the morons who read MassLive wouldn't understand what the word "fortunate" means.....

731. Bob Hill out at Fordham
by BruLaughs, 5/1/03 10:06 ET
"Bob Hill is out as Fordham men's basketball coach after the Rams had the worst record in school history, 2-26."

Ouch. UMass made up 50% of their win total. But that's because UMass' players aren't good enough and doesn't have anything to do with our coach.

"The Rams finished last season with 15 straight losses."

Ouch. They lost 11 in a row before beating us by double digits and then lost 15 in a row after. But that's because UMass' players aren't good enough and has nothing to do with our coach.

Remember, we're lucky to have Lappas.

FreeThinking
Freshman

Post by FreeThinking » Thu May 01, 2003 9:29 am

JeezLouise StevenPage... I mean Kosty, for someone who has nothing but bad things to say about MassLive and the people who read it, you sure do spend a lot of time over there.

My thoughts do waiver occasionally, but when I see Fordham's 2-26 record, it reminds me that the UMass program is not in good hands. Of course, I'M the bad guy, not the coach who has delivered nothing but disappointment and embarassment in two seasons.

jj
The Dude

Post by jj » Thu May 01, 2003 9:45 am

Why don't you go and smoke some salmon or something?

Keep dredging up this shit on this board, and I'll bombard the piss out of you with reasoning to the contrary on your flawed line of thought.

Weren't you one of the guys 6 years ago that made it well known that Flint needed to settle in with his "type" of player? Why is that logic not appropriate now? This is just flat-out tiresome.

FreeThinking
Freshman

Post by FreeThinking » Thu May 01, 2003 10:15 am

Are you interested in what's best for UMass or what's fair for Lappas?

I wasn't a Flint supporter because he was never going to be a guy that got UMass into the tournament regularly. But Flint also never went 10-18. Flint's teams were never ranked #209 in the RPI. Flint didn't have a track record of underachieving teams under his belt that forced him to bail on his dream job rather than try to earn an extension before he took the job. UMass wasn't in the midst of critical revenue issues and playing in front 25% capacity. And UMass wasn't on a 5 year NCAAless streak. Things are different for UMass now than they were then. I don't care if the situation here isn't what Lappas thought it would be, because the situation is what it is. UMass simply can't afford to keep turning fans off in droves and losing games at a clip not seen around here in over a decade just because we gave the last coach a little more time.

Bombard all you want, I'll simply reply with 10-18 and an RPI of #209 against a watered down schedule competitive-wise and one that is much less taxing (buying home games, playing road games in New England). I think Lappas is a bad fit for UMass and I don't think UMass can afford to treat a veteran coach as if he was just getting his feet wet. I don't need you to agree with me. I don't really care if anyone else does. But it's not like I have no grounds whatsoever to be skeptical of what Lappas can do here. You're more forgiving. Good for you. I'm not. Good for me. Either way, we'll see what happens this season.

Let's not turn this into a debate on posting personalites. I'm not your enemy just because I have no faith in Lappas as a basketball coach.

jj
The Dude

Post by jj » Thu May 01, 2003 10:21 am

Hey, fine- you believe what you believe. There's just no need to keep posting it 150 times a day with different wording each time. It's highly irritating. And it totally seems like you get a hard-on by raising people's hackles.

FreeThinking
Freshman

Post by FreeThinking » Thu May 01, 2003 10:35 am

This is my 14th post, friend. If I thought it was my place to tell you how to behave, I'd say that it's highly irrititating that you're playing the role of board police. Let's just stick to basketball let each poster determine what they think there is a need for.

jj
The Dude

Post by jj » Thu May 01, 2003 11:10 am

14th post under that name.

And if someone doesn't complain about it, you'll drive everyone off this board just like you did at Masslive. Then you'll only have yourself to argue with over here.

I suggest you go and pee into the wind instead.

nale
Hall of Fame

Post by nale » Thu May 01, 2003 11:55 am

jj wrote:14th post under that name.
And if someone doesn't complain about it, you'll drive everyone off this board just like you did at Masslive. Then you'll only have yourself to argue with over here.
jj and Freethinking (Brulaughs), is it OK if someone else joins into your exchange?

First Freethinking if you are not Brulaughs ignore this post.
But since you didn't mind or deny it when jj called you that I will assume you are him.

Simply put Brulaughs I for one have no problem with you wanting to express your opinion.
However to be honest I used to read the MassLive board once in a while and quite frankly you and only you are the reason I never even look it it anymore.
It may even be fair to say the you and your constant, everyday,
many times a day posting about EXACT SAME THING is the main reason Masslive has the reputation it does (not very good).

Bru is gone. Many of us are happy he has been successfull at
his new school. He moved on. We've moved on. It way past time you moved on to.
Post anything you want about UMASS hoops here. I of one would be happy to hear your views. But please don't ruin this board by speaking about Bru or old issues every day.
Just my two cents.
GO MINUTEMEN !
"This is my dream job''

FreeThinking
Freshman

Post by FreeThinking » Thu May 01, 2003 1:36 pm

Nale, search my 15 posts (an average of just over one every other day). See where I bring Bruiser up or mention something about the past unless it's relevant to a point being made about the present. Your advice is well taken, but completely misplaced. I'm hardly bombarding this board and I've yet to say anything unreasonable, which cannot be said for many posters here in that span.

As for MassLive, it's odd to me that so many people despise that place but complain not wanting to visit it anymore.

Villify me for expressing my opinions if you want (Is it really worse than jj telling people who disagree with him to shut up everyday?) but be fair and accurate. I'm not going to misrepresent anyone else's opinions so do the same for me. I don't expect to be popular for being critical of the coach and I don't really care to be. I'm just not going to sit idly by and let a substandard job performance by the coach be transferred on young players without adding a different perspective. If you all agree that the program has been operating at maximum efficiency, then that's fine. If you think that the program has been underachieving but think Lappas had things pointed in the right direction that's fine too. If you think the program has stunk rotten since Lappas got here but you support the coach no matter what, then that's fine just the same. I don't. And that happens to be fine too you know.

jj
The Dude

Post by jj » Thu May 01, 2003 1:55 pm

I didn't tell anyone to shut up. And if you have such conviction, then you should post using your real name instead of hiding out.

FreeThinking
Freshman

Post by FreeThinking » Thu May 01, 2003 2:01 pm

So is this about basketball or isn't it? Because I thought this was about basketball. If it's going to be a personality clash, it might as well be taking place at MassLive. I'd be happy to stick to basketball issues only.

nale
Hall of Fame

Post by nale » Thu May 01, 2003 2:24 pm

FreeThinking wrote:Nale, search my 15 posts .
Did you even read my post? Why is this post directed at me?

FT: " I'm hardly bombarding this board and I've yet to say anything unreasonable" Where did I say you were bombarding this board or anything about the reasonableness of your opinions?
I simply asked you not to do here what you do on masslive. Even you have to agree that you bombard masslive. You do realize you bombard masslive don't you? Again I'm not saying anyhing about the whether I agree with your posts or not or whether you are right or not I am simply talking about the number of posts.

FT: "Villify me for expressing my opinions if you want "
In My post I said "I for one have no problem with you wanting to express your opinion" and "Post anything you want about UMASS hoops here. I for one would be happy to hear your views."
Do you really consider that villifing you for expressing you opinion?

FT "I'm not going to misrepresent anyone else's opinions so do the same for me" I never said anything about your opinions except you have the right to express them. How did I misrepresent you?

FT: As for MassLive, it's odd to me that so many people despise that place but complain not wanting to visit it anymore.
I didn't say I despised masslive. I said I used to read it and you ruined it for me. If you stopped posting on masslive or posted once or twice a day I would probably visit it again.

If you response to post please read it twice first.
"This is my dream job''