Attendance

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
nale
Hall of Fame

Post by nale » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:29 am

Rocks22 wrote:
VoxPop wrote:Nothing inevitable about it oh ye of little faith. ... :wink:
If the upcoming season plays out just as the last three have, will we have to put you on suicide watch?
Don't worry about VoxPop Rocks22. If the season turns out like the last three VoxPop will still see the light at the end of the tunnel and post that "Lappas needs just one most season to finish his amazing rebuilding project which is doing great. If we only give Lappas an extenstion he will be able to add more great recruits to his incredible talent pool and UMASS will win the A10 easily and dance in 2006."

Then when Lapps is released VoxPop will move on to the board of whatever college Lappas is coaching at next. You see unlike the rest of us with little faith VoxPop has blind faith. Blind faith does not allow facts to get in the way of reason. On the other hand Blind Faith was a great band for a short time.
"This is my dream job''

Mark 80
Sophomore

Post by Mark 80 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:54 am

nale wrote:
On the other hand Blind Faith was a great band for a short time.
Blind Faoth is also a great IPA from Magic Hat Brewing!
"In our Country... one class of men makes war and leaves another to fight it out." ~ William T. Sherman

Used to be VOR
Hall of Fame

Post by Used to be VOR » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:02 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:
MullinsManiac wrote:And if Northeastern didn't have a legal leg to stand on, as several on this board pointed out, why didn't McCutcheon/Lombardi tell Northeastern to go fuck themselves and appeal the injunction?

because it would have taken too long and in the process you are hurting an individual (the coach), his family, and the team... all just to help the school a little bit... the university realized this, and decided to just get it over with and move on... as much as i hate the "settlement" it is over and done with and we are better off now than what we would be if we had gone to court
And because morally...if not downright legally we were WRONG. Or at the very least did not act to the standards that one would hope from a leading state university.

And I shed no tears for Don Brown's suspension. he is a great coach and I am glad he is here. But he pulled a "Carlos Boozer" on this one.

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:49 am

I can't wait until UMass drops football.
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:59 am

Used to be VOR wrote:And because morally...if not downright legally we were WRONG. Or at the very least did not act to the standards that one would hope from a leading state university.

And I shed no tears for Don Brown's suspension. he is a great coach and I am glad he is here. But he pulled a "Carlos Boozer" on this one.

I'm no lawyer, and I don't pretend to be one, but from what I understand, the clause in his contract that talked about asking for permission had to do with jobs that went along with his current job... so if he were to do a shoe contract with Nike, he would need permission... he did not need permission to look for a new job....

that is just the way it was explained to me, and until i see otherwise, that is what I am going with
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:07 am

Yeah, but how do you feel about Sean Connolly?
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:16 am

DS Bruce Robertson wrote:Yeah, but how do you feel about Sean Connolly?

call me ignorant, and I know you will, but who?
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Used to be VOR
Hall of Fame

Post by Used to be VOR » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:11 am

I am not talking about any legal clause. I have not seen Don Brown's contract...so I have no idea what the clauses regarding leaving for a similar job entailed. I do know he was well along in Negotiations with Northeastern regarding an extension. Even to the point where a mutually agreed version was sent to the Northeastern trustees for approval.

So, he may very well have been within his legal rights (or maybe not). But the ethical question is not so clear.

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:19 am

Back when you were in high school and VoxPop was posting as Papillon, there was another student who boosted his own self-worth by telling us how much more he knew than the rest of us that went by the name "FOTP" which stoood for "Friend of The Program. Sean Connolly was a highly regarded player out of Bishop Fenwick High who committed as a junior to BC and reneged when St. James of O'Brien threw his pissyfit and quit. With Connolly back in play and when discussing on the board whether or not he'd be a good target for UMass this "FOTP" posted the immortal phrase that sums up so many internet experts to this day "until I see him play, I stand by my assertion that Sean Connolly sucks".

Connolly eventually went to Providence for a year, quit, and transferred to The Payola State University in Columbus, Ohio to play for the same and soon to be deservingly disgraced Jim O'Brien.

Your comment reminded me of that, though not quite as insipid.

How's that for an olive branch, Brian? "IV... not quite as insipid as FOTP!"

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:30 am

FOTP part deux:

The lad vaulted himself into a serious pile with his campus employers because of his incessant posting.

Then, one day, there was no FOTP the employee and no FOTP the student.

I never knew the details, but that's "the rest of the story".

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:59 am

lol... you guys are too funny

Used to be VOR
Hall of Fame

Post by Used to be VOR » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:06 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:"The man is his own instrument
The instrument is an orchestra"
In this case the horn section is more appropriate....full of hot air.

Even as I write this I know I am playing right into his hands. He loves all these about him. It makes his life complete. Well, I suppose if I was a prematurely balding, out of shape college student (who could probably pass for 35) I would live for such small things.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:26 pm

Used to be VOR wrote:In this case the horn section is more appropriate....full of hot air.

Even as I write this I know I am playing right into his hands. He loves all these about him. It makes his life complete. Well, I suppose if I was a prematurely balding, out of shape college student (who could probably pass for 35) I would live for such small things.

prematurely balding - sorta right

out of shape - wrong

college student - hey, you got one right

pass for 35 - oldest i've gotten is 28

and the rest is quite off target... and you shouldn't make fun of Stevie Wonder like that.. it isn't funny.... he could have his horn sectin rule over your life if he wanted it to

but hey, keep bashin on me.... your serious attempts and putting me down is nothing more than a laugh on this end..... it is what truly seems to make all of your lives complete... enjoy :)

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:07 pm

I dunno, I have a pretty complete life already. Sometimes it's just difficult to resist chipping away at another person's delusions about themselves and their role in the world, particularly when these delusions are put on display with such regularity.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:17 pm

delusions no, reality yes, keep dreamin Bruce