Miagi

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.

Ban Miagi's Ass?

Beat it, Slick
54%
Keep him, I enjoy the pain
46%

Total votes: 69

jj
The Dude

Miagi

Post by jj » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:22 am

Just a little lighthearted fun this morning: I wish I had the power, but I don't. If you could bend Mike's ear for 10 seconds, would you tell him to.....

bdance
Junior

Post by bdance » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:26 am

He obviously doesn't know much about UMass basketball, or even like it much as far as I can tell And he's starting to get down in the gutter, which I guess is inevitable after all the personal attacks against him. But nevertheless I vote keep him. If you kick him then you gotta kick his arch-nemsis since they're opposite sides of the same coin.

km109
Senior

Graet Minds

Post by km109 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:27 am

JJ, logged on to post just this poll and found yours. Great minds think alike and want Miagi GONE, GONE, GONE. We're keeping Lappas, I don't think we deserve to keep this putz in the bargain.

gui98
Junior

Post by gui98 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:27 am

The banter and subsequent flaming by you guys is actually kind of fun to watch.

Speaking of that, BRING BACK CRR!

:?

zombiewoof
Sophomore

Post by zombiewoof » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:35 am

Even Lap needs supporters. They're as rare as good UMass wins.

Threats, constant off-topic posts, and taunting posts are pissers. Miagi's single mindedness is easy enough to ignore.
This aggression will not stand, man

Rocks22
Hall of Fame

Post by Rocks22 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:37 am

I don't dislike Miagi because he defends Lappas. I can live with those who disagree with me about the coaching situation. I dislike him because he trashes UMass basketball, past and present.

nale
Hall of Fame

Post by nale » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:01 am

Let him stay. He does no real harm.
I agree with some of the others posts here about Magi
Gui88 - entertainment value. He really pushes some buttons.
Rocks22,Bdance and zomibewolf all make good points.

Seriously
He no worst then Wigs. Both guys are single minded and re-post the same stuff over and over. Neither listens to anyone else and neither will
ever change their opinions. Even if there were proof they were wrong they
couldn't handle it and would just ignore it.
Two sides of the same coin.
Both of them at this point are annoying but harmless.
"This is my dream job''

philosopher
Hall of Fame

Post by philosopher » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:02 am

I voted not to ban Miagi. I merely choose to ignore him. There was an episode from Woodrow Wilson's presidency that is illustrative, captured in the book "When the Cheering Stopped." Wilson was on a tour, in 1918, and came to Seattle. His popularity was at its peak. Some of his policies pissed off the emerging unions. When he got to Seattle, there was a parade. Wilson was waving to the crowd, which was cheering him wildly. Then he came to a stretch of blocks where there were only silent, brooding unionists, standing with their arms folded. The blocks of silent, brooding men and women devastated Wilson, and he was never the same afterwards.

That is my attitude towards Miagi. This is still the USA. I may disagree vehemently with Miagi. But censureship is Mike's power alone, and while Miagi is bothersome, until he violates Mike's protocols, I won't support censureship. But the cheering has stopped, here.

long time/first time
Junior

Post by long time/first time » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:52 am

I'm not sure who "Miagi" is- but if polls were ran here to ban some simply because they were/are obnoxious, well, this board would be pretty empty.
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.- Barry Goldwater

krkess
Senior

Post by krkess » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:04 pm

I don't think someone should be banned unless they're a BC fan or something horrible like that. :lol:
We can't be so thin skinned that we ban everybody who has opposing viewpoints. Seriously, if his reason for coming here is to build support for the coach he should stick to the topic. Attacking Calipari and other aspects of past UMass basketball is counterproductive to his cause and but evidently he is too stupid to realize that.

fbiman
Sophomore

Post by fbiman » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:19 pm

I voted to ban him.

I have no problem with free speech, and everyone's right to say what they want. I don't expect all posters here to hold hands and sing "Kumbaya, my Lord." But lets put a couple of things in perspective:

1) Miagi's sole purpose here is to antagonize. It's fine if he were a UMass supporter who happens to blindly support Lappas. But he's not. He's a long time Villanova fan and Lappas syncophant. For whatever reason, he feels the need to defend his support of Lappas, even if it means trashing former coaches and long time posters here. For that, he should be banished.

2) This is not a public board, this is Mike's board. We should feel privileged to post here, and thankful that someone has the time and energy to put into such an endeavor as maintaining this board. Without him, we would be stuck with Masslive. Miagi's inflammatory posts are designed to turn this board into a war zone, with Mike having to clean it up.

Buh Bye Miagi!
That's not an MP, that's a YP. Not My Problem, Your Problem.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:30 pm

fbiman - you get a loud "AMEN"!

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:16 pm

I'm all for anyone that helps UMass fans develop or intensify their dislike for Steve Lappas.

Post on, Miagi... post on!
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.

MullinsManiac
Senior

Post by MullinsManiac » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:16 pm

Once he gets his ass kicked in the SGA elections, can we do the same for IV?
MullinsManiac is on a drug ... it's called MullinsManiac.

Rocks22
Hall of Fame

Post by Rocks22 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:12 pm

Miagi, you should be proud of yourself. A higher percentage of people want you to stay than think Lappas should've been brought back for next season.