Game 9, 2022-23: UMass Lowell (12/8)

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Re: Game 9, 2022-23: UMass Lowell (12/8)

Post by inthescoop » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:25 am

Upstate10 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:41 pm Frank going on a UMass twitter blocking spree if you mention a certain player getting too much run
Sounds like you know yourself because you sent 20 tweets to Frank about his sons playing time

Frank has a new team. He needs to play guys he TRUSTS. He trusts his son. Is that too hard to understand for some folks here?

How do folks not see the logic here? I have no issues with playing time at the moment and more importantly, it’s not about who starts, it’s about who FINISHES the game.

You know what is one way of getting someone really upset? Fucking with their family.

You want Frank to be happy here for a decade and make the best of the program? Let him be happy, do his thing, and let him play his son the ONE year he can play at UMass. Let his family be happy.

You guys are acting like his son playing or not is make or break if we win or not. It’s not. Let it be and enjoy the best team we’ve had in a very long time.

You can’t sacrifice one year of letting someone get playing time for many years of great basketball at UMass? Get a grip.
Last edited by inthescoop on Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:22 am

I love Frank being here and I love his style, and I really don't have an issue with how he uses his players. He knows a hell of a lot more than most of us do. But in all fairness, people can voice their opinions as they want to, it's social media, message board etc. Just like on here, if you don't like what people post, don't read it. Can't control what everyone thinks
Time to Win

HerndonHops
Sophomore

Post by HerndonHops » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:53 pm

inthescoop wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:25 am
Upstate10 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:41 pm Frank going on a UMass twitter blocking spree if you mention a certain player getting too much run
Sounds like you know yourself because you sent 20 tweets to Frank about his sons playing time

Frank has a new team. He needs to play guys he TRUSTS. He trusts his son. Is that too hard to understand for some folks here?

How do folks not see the logic here? I have no issues with playing time at the moment and more importantly, it’s not about who starts, it’s about who FINISHES the game.

You know what is one way of getting someone really upset? Fucking with their family.

You want Frank to be happy year for a decade and make the best of the program? Let him be happy, do his thing, and let him play his son the ONE year he can play at UMass. Let his family be happy.

You guys are acting like his son playing or not is make or break if we win or not. It’s not. Let it be and enjoy the best team we’ve had in a very long time.

You can’t sacrifice one year of letting someone get playing time for many years of great basketball at UMass? Get a grip.
Agreed on EVERY point. Well said.

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:13 pm

Disagreeing with something doesn’t mean you don’t understand why it is what it is. They are not mutually exclusive.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

MakeMullinsGreatAgain
Junior

Post by MakeMullinsGreatAgain » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:12 pm

HerndonHops wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:53 pm

You want Frank to be happy year for a decade and make the best of the program? Let him be happy, do his thing, and let him play his son the ONE year he can play at UMass. Let his family be happy.

I agree also.

BM is not the most talented kid on the roster but he very rarely does anything wrong - missing shots is not doing something wrong! He knows where to be vs the zone and as we saw vs Albany he'll find the holes in the zone and knock down the open 10-12 footer. I also noticed that he always makes the right pass as opposed to some guys who will try to force the ball down low into three defenders and it gets stolen. I by no means want to see him in there under 2 in a close game but so far I have no problem at all with his playing time. The idiots going at Frank on Twitter are dumb! Frank is the best coach we've had since Cal (yes I think he's better than Ford) Do we really think he will stick around if people are yelling at him to sit down and shut up or saying stuff about his son? Frank will retire here as long as the fans don't run him out of here - and as long as he is here, UMass will be relevant. He's 56 - if everyone just stays out of his way and let him do his thing, we'll be good for the next 10+ years.

NDR18
Freshman

Post by NDR18 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:37 pm

Frank Martin needs to put his blinders on and do his job!

Acer71
Sophomore

Post by Acer71 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:56 pm

Frank is doing his job. Better recruits, coaches and results so far! I am sure Frank really doesn't let Twitter or even this board affect his game. If it ever does then we really have problems!

HerndonHops
Sophomore

Post by HerndonHops » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:09 am

MakeMullinsGreatAgain wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:12 pm
HerndonHops wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:53 pm

Frank is the best coach we've had since Cal (yes I think he's better than Ford).
Exactly.

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:24 am

Did I start all of this? If so, I'm very sorry. This discussion has taken on a life of it's own. I don't think I've seen anyone attack the coach or player personally, and if anyone has then that's out of line. Other than that, this is a message board for discussing opinions about the team, and playing time of any player is fair game.

I'm all in on Frank Martin. When the job opened up and he became available, he was instantly my top choice. I'm still all in, but that doesn't mean I can't have opinions. And for the "let Frank do his thing" crowd, I absolutely am letting him do his thing. I don't yell suggestions and criticisms at him when I'm at the game. My opinions on this board have no bearing on what happens in practice or during games.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:43 pm

UML and Rhody went to OT in Kingston. Rhody prevailed 77-75.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... /401487666