The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
umasscollective
Junior

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by umasscollective » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:59 pm

Juice Stand wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:39 pm I just saw that the collective is hosting an information session tonight at 6:30 on Twitter. I wonder if they'll consider moving this to another time so it doesn't interfere with the pregame on the radio.
https://twitter.com/TheMassCo/status/15 ... 1119151104
We’re doing a brief session tonight, then our bi-weekly member meeting via zoom tomorrow night. If you’d like to join tomorrow (without being a member for now is fine) and ask some questions, email us at [email protected]

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:01 pm

Juice Stand wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:57 pm What are you folks doing for recruiting members? Have you considered organizing a watch party for the Harvard game? A lot of fans won't be able to attend the game since it's in such a tiny gym. Seems like a good opportunity to get people together to watch, drink some beers, and promote the collective.
We’ve been heavily concentrated on Twitter and word of mouth so far. We have almost 150 dues paying members on board to date.

We aren’t doing a watch party for Harvard, but will be doing an event 12/17 before the game in Springfield, and other events in the future as well. Stay tuned! And JOIN!

Upstate10
Senior

Post by Upstate10 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:54 pm

Should I be getting emails about these meetings? I joined the other week and haven't received anything since the 18th

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:08 am

Upstate10 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:54 pm Should I be getting emails about these meetings? I joined the other week and haven't received anything since the 18th
Check your spam, it might be going there

xlgman
Hall of Fame

Post by xlgman » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:50 pm

Someone will always offer these kids more $. The whole thing is depressing. Count me out but I wish you luck.
This is the most enjoyable losing season ever!

Junior

Post by 5150 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:05 am

First, thanks to the guys organizing this. It is a thankless job and a grind which, I am confident, takes lots of time from their personal and professional lives.

Second, if we want the teams to be successful, joining, contributing and helping build it is critical. There is no reason why anyone on this board should not sign up -- even at the $5 a month level. Every school in the country will utilize a similar collective and it's our responsibility to ensure ours is successful.

I signed up. You should too

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:41 pm

Collective Update:

- We have just shy of 180 dues paying members, including 5 member businesses. Our goal is to have 400 members by the A10 Tournament.
- We have produced some cool content; interviews with Chaz Williams, Sam Breen, Robert Davis Jr. and Mit Winter, who serves as our general counsel.
- UMass has indicated they will start promoting the Collective soon. Many other athletic departments are doing the same very aggressively, both AD’s and Coaches, and were excited and very thankful for their support and forthcoming efforts.
- We are close to signing our first player, and we think it will make a big splash. We anticipate to announce right around the Christmas Holiday.

We very much so need more members and support! If you have questions, feedback, etc. please post here or email us [email protected]

And JOIN here www.TheMassCollective.com

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:30 pm

^ Q...just curious.

Mit's site says he is licensed to practice law in
MS, KS, CA, & IA.

T org here is a MA corp.

How does this work?
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:05 pm

SignMan wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:30 pm ^ Q...just curious.

Mit's site says he is licensed to practice law in
MS, KS, CA, & IA.

T org here is a MA corp.

How does this work?
Mit is an expert in the NIL Space and a former College Player as well. We use his expertise specifically for NIL activities, negotiations, partnerships, etc. Anything that needs to be handled in Mass specifically is handled by local counsel.

We are anticipating signing our first player right before Christmas. We are very excited to share the news, and again encourage folks to join! www.TheMassCollective.com

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:21 am

Gift a Mass Co Membership Deal

Give The Gift of a Mass Co. 2022-2023 Season Membership to a fellow fan or a loved one. Gift Memberships are $99 and include Membership Benefits and Exclusive Content through this season AND a Mass Co. Long Sleeve Shirt. https://checkout.stripe.com/c/pay/cs_l ... NmZ%2FJ3gl and we will contact you for shirt size and Gift Member Info. Shirts will be shipped within 24 hours. Order by EOD Wednesday to have in hand by Christmas.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:28 pm

Gapare is the first player signed. Welcome to the new world of college athletics where you have to find a way to legally pay your good, young players if you want to keep them. I'm happy for the signing but I hate that it has come down to this. Disclaimer: I am a member of the collective. It's a necessary evil.

https://irp.cdn-website.com/ea9bf522/fi ... %20PRF.pdf

UMassRed
Freshman

Post by UMassRed » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:06 pm

times sadly have changed...so, without the nil inititive, gapare would not have come to umass or is this to keep him here?...just curious

tom mclaughlin
Junior

Post by tom mclaughlin » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:07 pm

As a former proud UMass basketball player I just donated to the UMass NIL and I urge all the former players to contribute and help the current student/athletes.
UMass has been very good to all of us and needs our support. Go UMass - a great University with great people.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:21 pm

Question, once a player gets a NIL deal, does it bind them to the school for any particular time, or can they just move around to whoever gives them a better deal elsewhere?
Time to Win

PreecherJenkins
Senior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:31 pm

Floyd wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:21 pm Question, once a player gets a NIL deal, does it bind them to the school for any particular time, or can they just move around to whoever gives them a better deal elsewhere?
no binding whats so ever. he can take the money and run
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

JUST SAY NO TO THE MAC