The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by DoctorJ » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:23 pm

Refuse To Lose!!!

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:28 pm

ENTIRE MASSACHUSETTS WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM SIGNS GROUP LICENSING MERCHANDISE DEAL

Players will share in proceeds from unique line of merchandise featuring their NIL

AMHERST, MA: The Massachusetts Collective has signed the entire women's basketball team roster to a unique team-wide merchandise deal to roll out in anticipation of March Madness.

“We're excited to be working with the entire roster in a first of its kind deal at UMass,” said Patrick MacWilliams, Director of the Massachusetts Collective. “We presented the idea to the team Friday, and here we are five days later with a unique approach that directly benefits all players. Getting a deal done with 14 people normally isn’t easy, but this was, which speaks to how tight knit and in lockstep this team is,” MacWilliams said.

The Massachusetts Collective worked with a local artist to produce caricatures of all the players. T-shirts, crewneck sweatshirts and posters featuring the artwork will be available for sale online at MassCoGear.com. Through NIL, players will receive 100% of the proceeds.

​​“This is another example of the power of NIL to create something the school can't, while producing income for players and unique items for fans,” MacWilliams explained. “We don’t want to be cookie cutter in our approach. So far the Collective has focused on finding ways to have fun, share team spirit and benefit the players. We hope fans will support us by purchasing these items that help support the players. We want everyone–students, alums, fans of all sorts–
to get involved by engaging with the team and the Collective.”

Visit TheMassCollective.com for more information, to join or to purchase unique gear.

BUY HERE: https://www.masscogear.com/shop/2023-wbb-custom/3

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:11 pm

Not directly Collective related, but tomorrow on Twitter Spaces at 9pm tune in to Mike Mannix @Coach_Mannix who will be chatting with UMass AD Ryan Bamford.

Mike is a UMass Alumn and coach at Wilbraham Monson Academcy.

Mike will also be coaching The Collectives TBT Team this summer.

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:38 pm

COMPETE AGAINST CHAZ, CADY, MAXIE, Etc. IN THE MASS CO/THE COMMONWEALTH TBT BRACKET POOL

Are you ready for March Madness? We have an exciting opportunity for you to show off your bracket skills and compete against some of the best basketball alumni from UMass and The Commonwealth TBT team!

We are thrilled to announce the March Madness pool where members of the Massachusetts Collective can compete against UMass basketball alumni such as Chaz Williams, Maxie Esho, Donte Clarke, and more! And if the bragging rights aren't enough, we have some amazing prizes up for grabs, including autographed gear, TBT tickets, Mass Co and Commonwealth TBT gear.

The best part? Sign up is completely free and open to all members of the Massachusetts Collective and UMass Fans.

Pool link: https://picks.cbssports.com/college-bas ... etupInvite

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:43 pm

69MG wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:09 pm ^ Just saw the message you put out indicating that signing RJ to a multi-year deal is a priority for The Collective. I doubt anyone would disagree with this being at the top of the list.
Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing that RJ has been signed as of yet? If true, I don't want to read too much into it, but should that be cause for alarm as it relates to his future at UMass?

Bay Area UMie
Sophomore

Post by Bay Area UMie » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:00 pm

NilesGold wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:43 pm
69MG wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:09 pm ^ Just saw the message you put out indicating that signing RJ to a multi-year deal is a priority for The Collective. I doubt anyone would disagree with this being at the top of the list.
Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing that RJ has been signed as of yet? If true, I don't want to read too much into it, but should that be cause for alarm as it relates to his future at UMass?
Let’s hope that University of Miami billionaire/booster and LifeWallet founder John Ruiz doesn’t come knocking on RJ’s door with a very attractive NIL deal to “persuade” him to return home to Miami. It’s a whole new world in collegiate athletics driven by the almighty dollar.

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:46 pm

NilesGold wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:43 pm
No definitely not.

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:07 am

Carmelo Travieso joins us tonight on Twitter Spaces at 8pm to talk UMass and March Madness.

Join us tonight!

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:41 pm

📰👉TURBO’s TREATS & #NIL #UMassWBB gear will be available for purchase @ #UMassStore in the next few days! The first NIL Products to be sold on #UMass campus 🤝 with proceeds from TurbosTreats.com going to Dakin Humane Society ❤️ & #WBB Gear to the players💰#NIL

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:23 pm

We need your help! More members needed - both businesses and individuals…

We have some very exciting news to announce this week (player signing) and need to continue to build our membership base. If you haven’t yet joined, please do so. If you have, please consider increasing your contribution.

Feel free to reach out anytime with questions - [email protected]

👉 www.TheMassCollective.com/join

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:12 am

The Massachusetts Collective will be hosting a Q&A Twitter Spaces event on Tuesday night to discuss the topic of name, image, and likeness (NIL).

We are excited to announce that UMass Athletic Director Ryan Bamford, Shardonay Blueford Associate AD for Governance and Compliance and Mit Winter, our general counsel, will be joining the conversation to share their insights and perspectives on NIL.

Having the opportunity to hear from experts in the field is incredibly valuable, and we are grateful to have these guests join us for the event. They will be able to provide important context and help answer some of the more nuanced questions about NIL and its impact on college sports and UMass Athletics.

The event will be hosted by Nathan Strauss and will begin at 8pm EST on Tuesday night (@TheMassCo). It will be recorded and turned into a podcast as well, so if you're unable to attend live, you'll still be able to listen to the discussion at a later time.

To make sure that your questions are addressed during the event, we encourage you to submit them ahead of time using the accompanying form. This will give our guests time to prepare and ensure that they are able to provide thoughtful and informative responses to as many questions as possible.

Submit Questions here > https://themassachusettscollective.form ... niltwitter

UMassfan_19
Senior

Post by UMassfan_19 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:35 am

When it launched the collective was about recruiting and retainment. I even remember it being asked if kids who may not be able to be retained but are having good years would be rewarded with nil. On the spaces the answer is a hard no. But it seems that changed with Noah and dyondre both now transferring. Either thats a failure of the mission or the mission changed. Either way it doesn’t make me want to invest which I was waiting for my bonus to come to do

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:09 am

UMassfan_19 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:35 am When it launched the collective was about recruiting and retainment. I even remember it being asked if kids who may not be able to be retained but are having good years would be rewarded with nil. On the spaces the answer is a hard no. But it seems that changed with Noah and dyondre both now transferring. Either thats a failure of the mission or the mission changed. Either way it doesn’t make me want to invest which I was waiting for my bonus to come to do
Hope you can join us tonight for our Twitter Spaces. Would be happy to address any questions you have. Please submit them here so we can organize them all and get to as many as we can in the hour or so we have: https://themassachusettscollective.form ... 9jPrO9YYX4

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:53 pm

👉 Lots going on today…we will be sending an email out to Members & info to non-members tomorrow re: questions about the transfer portal, how it effects NIL deals & @TheMassCo, etc.

EMail any questions over and we will answer them & more! 📧 [email protected]

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:50 pm

Why don't you guys shoot high, Kraft giving money away, he's a guy we played in his stadium. Would make sense for him to support UMass.
Refuse To Lose!!!