KAEO: Rahsool Diggins

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO: Rahsool Diggins

Post by Jackson96 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:24 am

There’s a big gulf between a dude struggling to get minutes and playing heavy minutes and “shining” Not everything has to be all the way to one side or another. Playing okay minutes and showing promise for example.

I don’t know a ton about this dude other than he was recruited by really good schools and that he is on the smallish side (for them anyways.) I am guessing he can probably play a bit but some kids need more development than others for a wide variety of reasons (body, skills, mentally).

Think he’d probably be good play if we got him, but Julius I believe you if someone you know who would know (confused yet?) says he struggled last year. I don’t need to know your source. I mean people post things they hear and that help form their opinion on here a lot I’m guessing. I don’t need a source bibliography every time that happens.

Anywho, hope we get him. Could use some speed in that backcourt.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:14 am

My source was a guy who follows ConnU closely and writes about the team for an online media outlet. But note that they had a bunch of four star guards on that team.

I like his talent and think the would probably get more dedicated attention at UMass. He'd have Noah on the team and could learn by his example. Kolton is also a mature teammate who makes the most out of the tools he has and keeps a good attitude. Frank would be adding him to a backcourt of guys that bring a good attitude. We have Ricky on the staff who learned how to develop his skills at UMass and even played point at times.

Noah had a rough first year too and came back spectacularly. Like Noah, Rashool didn't get enough minutes in his first year to gain a lot of confidence.

My only fear is another David Gibbs, who I liked, but he wasn't ready for A10 level when he came here. Maybe a year of practice was good for Rashool. He at least got a crash course in the speed of the game at the D1 Big East level.
Refuse To Lose!!!

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:40 am

iwearglovesndhat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:38 am
NilesGold wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:52 am
DoctorJ wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:15 pm I heard he looked terrible at UConn and was outmatched practices.
What's your source?
With all due respect have you looked at his #'s from last year? I am sure he could make some kind of impact at UMass but he came out of HS as a small guard that can't shoot....
His stats aren't relevant to what I asked. And I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with the original post, I simply wanted to try and gauge how accurate/reliable it might be.

Have you looked at Noah Fernandes' stats from his freshman year at Wichita State?

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:44 am

If he was playing 25 minutes a game and scoring in double figures he wouldn't be in the portal. What you generally get is players from high majors that want a bigger role or players who did well at lower levels who want to move up. Nothing is 100% but that holds true much of the time.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:52 am

Refuse To Lose!!!

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:34 pm

Not sure he would pick a place like us where he would play a back-up role in the near term

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:36 pm

Similar start to his freshman year as Noah at Wichita State. It's possible he has 4 years left since he only played in 9 games.
October 19, 2021
Diggins is dealing with a knee injury and may be a week or two from returning, Charlotte Carroll of The Athletic reports.

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:28 pm

TheInsider wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:34 pm Not sure he would pick a place like us where he would play a back-up role in the near term
If Diggins is good enough, you can play both him and Noah together.

tdmass
Senior

Post by tdmass » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:38 pm

^ Of course . . . a no brainer!

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:57 pm

Not getting ahead of myself, he hasn't even visited yet, but even if he plays a mostly backup role to Noah, he'd still get more minutes than he got at UConn. He played in a total of 9 games, for a total of 46 minutes. I'd be willing to bet he'd play every game, and eclipse that time in 5 or 6 games.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:22 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:57 pm Would make up for losing Craig Austrie to those douchebags!
We lost Austrie but gained Chris Lowe. I'm 100% fine with how that turned out.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... rie-1.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... owe-1.html

If you wanna do it for make-up reasons, how about making up for the time we wasted with Doug Wiggins?

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:37 pm

^

We did just fine with Chris, but I think we also would have done fine with Craig. Coaching changes will do that, unfortunately. It just sucked that we saw him go there.

Wiggins has gotten his life together. Only wish it happened before he stepped foot on campus.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

UMass'96
Senior
Location: Back in the good 'ole US of A not some 3rd world shithole

KAEO Rahsool Diggins

Post by UMass'96 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:42 pm

Save your breath... you'll need it to blow up your date

69MG
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO Rahsool Diggins

Post by 69MG » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:01 pm

Just a little info to warm our hearts. I hope that all Rashool needed was a change of scenery and plays like the highly sought after HS recruit he was.
🏆 2021 @MaxPreps Pennsylvania High School POY
🏀 Averaged 16.4 PTS, 5.3 REB, 6.8 AST and 2.8 STL as a senior

💨 Elite agility in lane, tight handles
🔒 Tenacious on-ball defender
As someone mentioned on twitter, we did pretty well with the last PA player of the year to come to UMass.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO Rahsool Diggins

Post by DoctorJ » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:19 pm

Refuse To Lose!!!