2022-23 roster

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
devildawg3010
Junior

Re: 2022-23 roster

Post by devildawg3010 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:07 pm

The announcer did say DD was starting b4 tipoff. But then BM started. The announcer was reading it from somewhere and not making it up. So either a error or last minute re-adjustment.

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:10 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by we should just let things play out. I have no influence over the coach or the team. This is an online message board developed for fans to voice opinions on the team. That's all I'm doing.

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:53 pm

He's played less in the last few games.. he's now 7th on the team in mins. I think as the younger guys show what they have and DD keeps that energy up they will play more.. he is a valuable defender and rebounder that can come off the bench.. speaking of mins, Gapare should play a min of 25 against Albany. He can do whatever in practice but he needs real game experience.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:26 pm

^ well said
Time to Win

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:07 pm

We've got a few days of down time before the next game so I start thinking about the team and the roster as I often do during slow periods.

I think we can agree that Frank hit a home run (sorry for the baseball reference) with the freshmen. They can all play. Keon and RJ are fearless and not afraid of the big moment. Gapare will get there as he gets more experience.

Now let's look at the transfers. Cross has been what I expected. He's tough and does a lot of the little things you don't see in the box score. For me, Kante has been the next best transfer. Get him the ball near the basket and he finds a way to score. He is also our best FT shooter. Wildens has been OK, but I was hoping he would be more dominant. It goes downhill from there. Some good moments and some bad from Rashool and Martin. Gianni is an "incomplete" but I doubt he gets enough playing time to show us anything.

Now for the 3 returning players. Noah and TJ are who I thought they would be and I'm fine with that. DD, on the other hand, is a revelation. It's the equivalent of getting a 3 star player that you weren't expecting. However it happened, props to DD and the coaching staff.

If Gapare continues to improve and Rashool gets on track, this is potentially a 21 or 22 win team (9 or 10 OOC wins and maybe 12-6 in conference). I don't think we can go much higher but it's a significant improvement from the last few years.