Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
km109
Senior
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:49 am
Location: ME

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by km109 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm

Too bad they didn't televise the Women's game instead.

Floyd
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8145
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:50 am
Location: Not where I should be

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by Floyd » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm

Noah, as your leader, with a BAD technical at that point. Shouldn't happen. McCall should have put him on the bench. No discipline with McCall. Time to move on
The E sho, best show in town

Floyd
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8145
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:50 am
Location: Not where I should be

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by Floyd » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:42 pm

km109 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm Too bad they didn't televise the Women's game instead.
It was on ESPN+
The E sho, best show in town

PreecherJenkins
Senior
Posts: 1377
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:41 am

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by PreecherJenkins » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:44 pm

Floyd wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm Noah, as your leader, with a BAD technical at that point. Shouldn't happen. McCall should have put him on the bench. No discipline with McCall. Time to move on
Welcome to the dark side Floyd. Fire Matt McCall now!
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

User avatar
Jackson96
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2642
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by Jackson96 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:46 pm

With four minutes to go, and you’ve doubled up a team on threes, at the free throw line, and turned the ball over less you should be winning the game let alone not losing by double digits.

But…the defense was bad again, the defensive rebounding was crappy, and the shooting inside the arc was something to behold.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

Floyd
Hall of Fame
Posts: 8145
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:50 am
Location: Not where I should be

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by Floyd » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:49 pm

^^ yes, Dark Side of the Moon 8)

This team is so one dimensional. 5 years in and theres no balance to the team. Chuck 3's, if you're on, we're in the game, if not, no answer. Thats on him, this is his build
The E sho, best show in town

User avatar
Berkman
Hall of Fame
Posts: 6341
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:38 pm
Location: Mooresville, NC
Contact:

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by Berkman » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:54 pm

km109 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm Too bad they didn't televise the Women's game instead.
The women's games are almost always on ESPN +. Got to pay for that but very reasonable.

capezona
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2376
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ and Dennisport, MA

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by capezona » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm

We give up sooooo many layups.

TheInsider
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3999
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:12 am

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by TheInsider » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm

Another terrible hire.. move on now

User avatar
UMass1927
Sophomore
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:46 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by UMass1927 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:13 pm

Floyd wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:49 pm ^^ yes, Dark Side of the Moon 8)

This team is so one dimensional. 5 years in and theres no balance to the team. Chuck 3's, if you're on, we're in the game, if not, no answer. Thats on him, this is his build
Imagine Tre Mitchell surrounded by shooters? Sigh.
Make UMass Basketball Great Again

User avatar
UMass1927
Sophomore
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:46 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by UMass1927 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:15 pm

TheInsider wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm Another terrible hire.. move on now
Once the season ends its hard to picture him getting another shot.
Make UMass Basketball Great Again

PreecherJenkins
Senior
Posts: 1377
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:41 am

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by PreecherJenkins » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:22 pm

UMass1927 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:15 pm
TheInsider wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm Another terrible hire.. move on now
Once the season ends its hard to picture him getting another shot.
Why shouldn’t he be fired tonight?
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

bmc24
Junior
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:42 pm

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by bmc24 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:28 pm

PreecherJenkins wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:22 pm
UMass1927 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:15 pm
TheInsider wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm Another terrible hire.. move on now
Once the season ends its hard to picture him getting another shot.
Why shouldn’t he be fired tonight?
That’s what I’m saying…. Do it now; has to be now

tom mclaughlin
Junior
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Andover Ma

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by tom mclaughlin » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:59 pm

Watched the game and it was tough because going back to the 70’s the two teams we had to beat to be ranked number 1 in New England were UConn and URI and that would assure us of winning the Conference. Nothing better then to beat both rivals and send them on their way with a loss.
During the game I thought of one particular game bs URI where it was a noon start during a major snow storm. Back then no cancellations. I was driving into the game in an opel GT sports car and the roads weren’t plowed. I get to the corner by the Newman Center and get stuck in the middle of the road. Now here’s the great part that shows what kind of fans we had. 3 students see me and recognize me and without saying a word they get behind my car and push me all the way down the road to the Cage parking lot. I will never forget those fans. Where else would they do that? I was so pumped up I had a great game something like 24 points and we stuck it to URI.
Watching the sparse number of fans today broke my heart. The fans will come back when we play smart and we play hard! We have a fan base they are just lost but believe me they are there and just need to be woken up. UMass basketball has always been a blue collar type brand of basketball. Get back to that and never just let teams think they can win @ UMass.
Thanks to those 3 students who got me to the game through over a foot of snow. You can never say anything bad about our fans. They are there just need to let them know we got their backs when they get our backs. Go UMass!

PreecherJenkins
Senior
Posts: 1377
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:41 am

Re: Game 16, 2021-22: Rhode Island (1/15)

Post by PreecherJenkins » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:01 pm

tom mclaughlin wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:59 pm Watched the game and it was tough because going back to the 70’s the two teams we had to beat to be ranked number 1 in New England were UConn and URI and that would assure us of winning the Conference. Nothing better then to beat both rivals and send them on their way with a loss.
During the game I thought of one particular game bs URI where it was a noon start during a major snow storm. Back then no cancellations. I was driving into the game in an opel GT sports car and the roads weren’t plowed. I get to the corner by the Newman Center and get stuck in the middle of the road. Now here’s the great part that shows what kind of fans we had. 3 students see me and recognize me and without saying a word they get behind my car and push me all the way down the road to the Cage parking lot. I will never forget those fans. Where else would they do that? I was so pumped up I had a great game something like 24 points and we stuck it to URI.
Watching the sparse number of fans today broke my heart. The fans will come back when we play smart and we play hard! We have a fan base they are just lost but believe me they are there and just need to be woken up. UMass basketball has always been a blue collar type brand of basketball. Get back to that and never just let teams think they can win @ UMass.
Thanks to those 3 students who got me to the game through over a foot of snow. You can never say anything bad about our fans. They are there just need to let them know we got their backs when they get our backs. Go UMass!
Hi Tom,

Has Matt reached out to you at all?
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

Post Reply