Games 17 & 18, 2021-22: Saint Louis (1/20 & 23)

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: home vs Saint Louis

Post by 69MG » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:34 pm

Anybody buying this? I'm not. Hard to fathom not being able to cobble together 7 players. I'm sure they were not close to full strength, but a convenient way to postpone a game he thinks he might have lost missing 2 or 3 starters.
stu durando
@studurando
6m
Travis Ford: “We need to get out and play tomorrow and see what happens. I don’t worry about it anymore. If I had 7 healthy bodies, I would have gone to UMass. We just need to play.”

User avatar
uz2b-len
Hall of Fame
Posts: 11668
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 6:03 pm
Location: Deerfield, MA

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: home vs Saint Louis

Post by uz2b-len » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:00 pm

Travis wasn't the most honest guy in his time here.
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 16271
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: home vs Saint Louis

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:28 am

69MG wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:34 pm Anybody buying this? I'm not. Hard to fathom not being able to cobble together 7 players. I'm sure they were not close to full strength, but a convenient way to postpone a game he thinks he might have lost missing 2 or 3 starters.
stu durando
@studurando
6m
Travis Ford: “We need to get out and play tomorrow and see what happens. I don’t worry about it anymore. If I had 7 healthy bodies, I would have gone to UMass. We just need to play.”

Can anyone confirm or deny if he had tears coming out of his eyes when he said this? Asking for a friend...
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

bobolink
Junior
Posts: 671
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:03 am

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: home vs Saint Louis

Post by bobolink » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:00 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:28 am
69MG wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:34 pm Anybody buying this? I'm not. Hard to fathom not being able to cobble together 7 players. I'm sure they were not close to full strength, but a convenient way to postpone a game he thinks he might have lost missing 2 or 3 starters.
stu durando
@studurando
6m
Travis Ford: “We need to get out and play tomorrow and see what happens. I don’t worry about it anymore. If I had 7 healthy bodies, I would have gone to UMass. We just need to play.”

Can anyone confirm or deny if he had tears coming out of his eyes when he said this? Asking for a friend...
Not sure about tears, but I think his nose was growing

Roadtrip
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3710
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:54 pm
Location: Back in FL
Contact:

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: home vs Saint Louis

Post by Roadtrip » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:46 pm

At least he didn't go to Providence.

PreecherJenkins
Senior
Posts: 1377
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:41 am

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: home vs Saint Louis

Post by PreecherJenkins » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:46 pm

uz2b-len wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:00 pm Travis wasn't the most honest guy in his time here.
how was travis dishonest?
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

capezona
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2376
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ and Dennisport, MA

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: home vs Saint Louis

Post by capezona » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:31 pm

PreecherJenkins wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:46 pm
uz2b-len wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:00 pm Travis wasn't the most honest guy in his time here.
how was travis dishonest?
He's probably talking about when Ford said he wasn't going anywhere while he was packing his bags.

mdogt12
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3219
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:30 pm
Location: maine

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: home vs Saint Louis

Post by mdogt12 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:06 pm

Game rescheduled for Thursday Jan 20
https://atlantic10.com/news/2022/1/4/at ... games.aspx

User avatar
MikeUMA
Site Admin
Posts: 10794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:11 pm
Location: Norwalk, CT
Contact:

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: Saint Louis (1/20)

Post by MikeUMA » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:14 pm

This turns into a home and home of sorts, as we were already slated to play at SLU on 1/23. You could argue it both ways whether it's good or bad to play the same team back to back.

Juice Stand
Senior
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Eastern Ma

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: Saint Louis (1/20)

Post by Juice Stand » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:15 pm

Yeah! My expectations for a reschedule were low, so this is good news. I hope it comes together

Juice Stand
Senior
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Eastern Ma

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: Saint Louis (1/20)

Post by Juice Stand » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:16 pm

MikeUMA wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:14 pm This turns into a home and home of sorts, as we were already slated to play at SLU on 1/23. You could argue it both ways whether it's good or bad to play the same team back to back.
Playing games is good. Only good. Play more games, please.

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: home vs Saint Louis

Post by 69MG » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:22 pm

capezona wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:31 pm
PreecherJenkins wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:46 pm
uz2b-len wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:00 pm Travis wasn't the most honest guy in his time here.
how was travis dishonest?
He's probably talking about when Ford said he wasn't going anywhere while he was packing his bags.
What made it worse was how and when he made the statement. It was at the end of the season Court Club banquet. He told us (I was there) that he turned down an offer from Providence because this is where he wanted to be. He was gone shortly thereafter. Money talks.

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 16271
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: Saint Louis (1/20)

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:31 am

Glad it was rescheduled. McCall needs games to succeed or fail... coming back based on another lost pandemic season won't do him any good.


Win some games!!!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

PreecherJenkins
Senior
Posts: 1377
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:41 am

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: home vs Saint Louis

Post by PreecherJenkins » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:50 am

69MG wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:22 pm
capezona wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:31 pm
PreecherJenkins wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:46 pm

how was travis dishonest?
He's probably talking about when Ford said he wasn't going anywhere while he was packing his bags.
What made it worse was how and when he made the statement. It was at the end of the season Court Club banquet. He told us (I was there) that he turned down an offer from Providence because this is where he wanted to be. He was gone shortly thereafter. Money talks.
And every single person on this board would have taken the 5-10x raise that Travis got. The only coach who stayed loyal to UMass was DK... Give it a rest that he was not honest.
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: Game ##, 2021-22: Saint Louis (1/20)

Post by 69MG » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:50 am

^ Preech, nobody is saying they wouldn't have jumped at the money that Pickens offered. Maybe if I crawl deep into my psyche, the real reason I was mad when he left is that I thought we were on the cusp of building a winning program again with Ford.

Post Reply