Julius Erving UMass Memories Podcast

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
tom mclaughlin
Junior

Julius Erving UMass Memories Podcast

Post by tom mclaughlin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:27 pm

In the light of Tre Mitchell’s entering the transfer portal and the notion that UMass isn’t a good enough route to :cry: get to the NBA we all need to hear the great advice Julius gives and says today’s kids are missing out on a life time of great memories that college offers. The Podcast was done by Earl Cureton and I would pull it up from YouTube if I could. If someone could do that it would be helpful.
Julius has nothing but great things to say and his talking about UMass starts around the 33 minute mark.
If Julius says something as a young player I would listen. From over 20 years representing players and a lot of top picks all I know is the NBA will find you especially if your 6’9”. LaPhonso Ellis who went 5th to Denver played on a so so ND team in the NIT. NeNe came as a totally unknown from Brazil and went 6th to Denver. These are two examples of 6’9” Power Forwards that are similar to Tre but created a name for themselves by playing hard and it didn’t matter where they played. The NBA knows how to find talent another two examples are Vinnie Baker at Hartford and Reggie Lewis at Northeastern. Some times it makes sense to be a big fish in a small pond. In this podcast Julius talks about memories he has from his UMass days. UMass has nothing to be ashamed about and has produced great NBA players that are terrific human beings. UMass has a great basketball history we all should be extremely proud of.
Last edited by tom mclaughlin on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tom mclaughlin
Junior

Re: Julius Erving UMass Memories (33 min mark)

Post by tom mclaughlin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:53 pm

https://youtu.be/xqgq_4YxDcI

In the light of Tre Mitchell’s entering the transfer portal and the notion that UMass isn’t a good enough route to get to the NBA we all need to hear the great advice Julius gives and says today’s kids are missing out on a life time of great memories that college offers. The Podcast was done by Earl Cureton a former NBA client.
Julius has nothing but great things to say and his talking about UMass starts around the 33 minute mark.
If Julius says something as a young player I would listen. From over 20 years representing players and a lot of top picks all I know is the NBA will find you especially if your 6’9”. LaPhonso Ellis who went 5th to Denver played on a so so ND team in the NIT. NeNe came as a totally unknown from Brazil and went 6th to Denver. These are two examples of 6’9” Power Forwards that are similar to Tre but created a name for themselves by playing hard and it didn’t matter where they played. The NBA knows how to find talent another two examples are Vinnie Baker at Hartford and Reggie Lewis at Northeastern. Some times it makes sense to be a big fish in a small pond. In this podcast Julius talks about memories he has from his UMass days. UMass has nothing to be ashamed about and has produced great NBA players that are terrific human beings. UMass has a great basketball history we all should be extremely proud of.
[/quote]