KAEO: TJ Weeks

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO: TJ Weeks

Post by Old Cage » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:20 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:52 pm Everyone is getting the year back....
Where is that coming from? Spring sports, yes. Winter sports, where a large % of athletes nationwide had already finished their season, does not make sense to me.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:42 pm

The situation is extremely complicated. I can't think of any easy solution.
Refuse To Lose!!!

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:03 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:52 pm
DoctorJ wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:22 am I don't have the patience right now to fill out that pdf but, in looking at it, I am doubtful he will get a waiver. He played in ten games and the scrimmages ( if I remember correctly) and they appear to count against him. I hope I am wrong.

Anyone want to take a stab at it? :(
Everyone is getting the year back....
Makes no sense...everyone played their entire regular season! The Spring season is a different situation, the Northern schools are just starting their seasons and their percent of their season is probably under the Medical Redshirt number for comparison...but if no one leaves they will have to do something like a 1 year exception for the students on scholarship.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:26 am

TruBluMaroon wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:03 pm
minutefanjsf wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:52 pm
DoctorJ wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:22 am I don't have the patience right now to fill out that pdf but, in looking at it, I am doubtful he will get a waiver. He played in ten games and the scrimmages ( if I remember correctly) and they appear to count against him. I hope I am wrong.

Anyone want to take a stab at it? :(
Everyone is getting the year back....
Makes no sense...everyone played their entire regular season! The Spring season is a different situation, the Northern schools are just starting their seasons and their percent of their season is probably under the Medical Redshirt number for comparison...but if no one leaves they will have to do something like a 1 year exception for the students on scholarship.
You’re right. I meant anyone who’s situation is affected by the stoppage will get their year back. I assume all in TJs situation where the end of the season was cut short will fall under the same parameters.

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:11 pm

^ Many of CBB player’s season was over. Regular season was over for everyone. NCAA made it clear they’d give spring sport seniors another year, not so with winter sports.

But there’s no reason to believe TJ won’t get his year back.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Fill out the form, then tell me that. I am worried because it includes exhibition and scrimmages and we had a bunch.
Refuse To Lose!!!

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:19 pm

DoctorJ wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:21 pm Fill out the form, then tell me that. I am worried because it includes exhibition and scrimmages and we had a bunch.
The staff expected him to get the year back, and I see no compelling reason to think the NCAA will change that.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:28 pm

I hear that brother, I just hope the staff is correct. I started reading the form and it concerned me.

Let's hope that it goes smoothly. If TJ has four more years it could be insane how many points he could put up in a UMass uniform on top of those first ten games.

Go UMass!!!
Refuse To Lose!!!

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:46 pm

DoctorJ wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:21 pm Fill out the form, then tell me that. I am worried because it includes exhibition and scrimmages and we had a bunch.
There was one exhibition and one scrimmage? Or were there two scrimages? Anyone remember?
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:51 pm

uz2b-len wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:46 pm
There was one exhibition and one scrimmage? Or were there two scrimages? Anyone remember?
We had overseas scrimmages in the virgin islands. Kit Rhymer passed the torch to Tre... :wink:
Refuse To Lose!!!

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:51 pm

DoctorJ wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:51 pm
uz2b-len wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:46 pm
We had 4 overseas scrimmages in the virgin islands. Kit Rhymer passed the torch to Tre... :wink:
Refuse To Lose!!!

bmc24
Junior

Post by bmc24 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:27 pm

I’m confident TJ will get into the flow, but he really needs to let the game come to him. Unfortunately, he seems rushed and forced with almost every touch. Maybe setting up in the corner and taking a few spot up threes (not pull up) will help. Also, would love to see him work off some screens heading to the basket or post to try some higher percentage shots along with having more FT chances.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 pm

So here's a question someone might be able to answer. Yesterday they said that everyone gets this year back because of the Covid pandemic, making this year's freshman, freshman again next year. Since TJ got a redshirt last year and is a "freshman" this year, is he a freshman again next year due to Covid?

He could end up graduating after his "freshman" year

Also what happens to scholarship limits?
Time to Win

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:07 pm

He left the game with a leg problem. I just hope it is not anything more than a pulled muscle and not a hamstring.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:34 pm

^ From The Gazette:
WEEKS INJURED – Redshirt freshman guard TJ Weeks Jr. left the game with 12:32 left after missing a jumper.
“Just twisted his knee there. I don’t think it’s anything too serious, hopefully,” McCall said.
Weeks is listed as day to day.