KAEO: Tre Mitchell

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Floyd
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO: Tre Mitchell

Post by Floyd » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:46 am

Grumpy old fucker :lol: :lol:
Time to Win

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:30 am

kdogg8173 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:45 am Oxen had knee trouble before he even got drafted. But yeah guys should be worried about getting hurt because of one guy 12 years ago who obviously had a genetic predisposition to knee trouble. Also, You know what Greg oden is doing now? Coaching basketball.

Ever heard of leagues outside of the NBa? There’s quite a few in Europe that pay pretty well.
Yeah, amazing you have so much faith in modern medicine to think career ending injuries are a thing of the past. Yet you don't see the value of an education from Isenberg in the highest-paying field in business- Finance. I sense a degree of cognitive dissonance.

Yeah, I obviously heard of those leagues. Lou Roe played almost 20 years overseas. He's not a rich man. He'd probably be better off with an Isenberg education now that he's retired. Hoop players don't die at 40!

Tre's immediate future is hoop. Isenberg will graduate some students who will out-earn what he's likely to make bouncing a ball across the globe.

I'm not saying Dogg is wrong, I'm saying Tre has now sacrificed 2 top business schools to be disloyal to his teammates and coaches and karma is a batch.

Nobody can forecast his health or the length of his career.

We'll see if he ever gets a cup of coffee ☕ in the NBA. My guess is overseas and G league.

Wall Street bonuses are huge. Don't assume he we necessarily make more in hoop than a top Isenberg or McCombs Finance graduate.
Refuse To Lose!!!

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:58 am

As soon as Tre arrived on campus, we heard that he wanted to major in finance. That suggests to me that he has some interests for his future besides basketball.
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:14 pm

Has anyone gone back to find all that data on where and when Mitchell touched the ball and how many of his turnovers were forced?
"I wrote a column and it went national"

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:21 pm

Jackson96 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:14 pm Has anyone gone back to find all that data on where and when Mitchell touched the ball and how many of his turnovers were forced?
Man, I really hope not.

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:18 am

Yeah me too. I would probably offer that guy or girl an admissions ticket to their nearest amusement park.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

fenway617
Hall of Fame

Post by fenway617 » Tue May 03, 2022 9:51 am

The Athletic lists the top 50 remaining players in the transfer protocol and has Tre at #38 and their write-up on him is very spot on.

38. Tre Mitchell | 6-9 forward | senior | Texas
Mitchell will need to get a waiver to play immediately after transferring to Texas from Massachusetts last year, a decision that likely left everyone unhappy with the result. A first-team All-Atlantic-10 selection, Mitchell was one of the most popular players in the portal last year for some just simply due to his production. He made two All-A-10 teams in two years with the Minutemen, averaging 18 points and seven rebounds as the centerpiece on the block of a bad team. But this year, it showed that not all production is created equal for good teams. Mitchell struggled to find a role that was suitable for his game. Becuase he’s not a great defender, he needs to be awesome on offense, and realistically be a centerpiece. But is he good enough to do that at the highest levels? I’m skeptical. Honestly, heading somewhere like Pittsburgh, where he’s from originally, and a school that desperately needs an infusion of talent, seems like the right level to me. Maybe that won’t be the exact spot, but I think that’s the kind of place he should be looking for.
A smart person learns from his mistakes, but a truly wise person learns from the mistakes of others.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue May 03, 2022 10:35 am

I think that's a fair assessment all around.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Plano Minuteman
Junior

Post by Plano Minuteman » Tue May 03, 2022 1:47 pm

Agreed. As much as it pains me to say it, Utah State would be a great landing spot for him too.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Fri May 13, 2022 10:07 am

Tre Mitchell to West Virginia.

PreecherJenkins
Senior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Fri May 13, 2022 10:10 am

Tre to west va per portal report.

Not sure how he’ll fit there. No word if step daddy Tony has been put on the payroll
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

JUST SAY NO TO THE MAC

fenway617
Hall of Fame

Post by fenway617 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:14 am

Going to WV will help his case to get an immediate exception to play this coming season. Morgantown, WV is within 100 miles (75 miles) from his home and the NCAA often takes that into account if a player wants to play closer to home for family reasons.
A smart person learns from his mistakes, but a truly wise person learns from the mistakes of others.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Fri May 13, 2022 10:39 am

Bigger news is that he cut off all his hair and looks a lot more mature.

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Fri May 13, 2022 11:27 am

fenway617 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:14 am Going to WV will help his case to get an immediate exception to play this coming season. Morgantown, WV is within 100 miles (75 miles) from his home and the NCAA often takes that into account if a player wants to play closer to home for family reasons.
Interesting that his mother’s home has been wherever he has been……

Uminuteman
Senior

Post by Uminuteman » Fri May 13, 2022 12:27 pm

Gotta love boosters with deep pockets!!