UMASS FANS IN YOURRRR SEATSSS!

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Freemaninthecrowd

UMASS FANS IN YOURRRR SEATSSS!

Post by Freemaninthecrowd » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:20 pm

What a nice win, that Pipkins shot was miraculous. I got yelled at by a grumpy Umass fan sitting behind me who demanded I sit down. This was with 30 seconds left in OT.

This guy screams shrilly every time Umass walks up the floor or switches on a screen, but I'm the problem for standing up in tie game with 30 seconds left. Annoyed me, thankfully that was a nice win.

minutefanjsf
Senior

Re: UMASS FANS IN YOURRRR SEATSSS!

Post by minutefanjsf » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Freemaninthecrowd wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:20 pm What a nice win, that Pipkins shot was miraculous. I got yelled at by a grumpy Umass fan sitting behind me who demanded I sit down. This was with 30 seconds left in OT.

This guy screams shrilly every time Umass walks up the floor or switches on a screen, but I'm the problem for standing up in tie game with 30 seconds left. Annoyed me, thankfully that was a nice win.
I hoped I was the only one who gets yelled at for standing and cheering @ UMass games.

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:12 pm

It's a recurring issue.

STEP 1: Image
STEP 2:Image
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

Winslow05
Senior

Post by Winslow05 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:55 pm

Screw that! Your team is BEGGING for fan support, do what you want. Pretty soon those who sit will be in the minority. Keep standing and keep cheering. If you have issues tell the marketing staff and they will help you out.

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:16 pm

If ever a thread needed to continue in 'Asses in Seats'.... :wink:

https://www.umasshoops.com/newboard/vie ... &start=135

There are many seniors and people with disabilities that go to games. If this guy falls into one of these categories I can understand him asking you to sit... so as not to block his view.

Some will say so what, but I'll say this...if you were the old or disabled guy and someone blocked your view, you'd be pissed too.

If this fan doesn't fall into one of these categories than I'm with you 100%.
Last edited by LS71 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

Winslow05
Senior

Post by Winslow05 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:23 pm

LS I stand corrected. Your post is 100% spot on.

Marty Peretz
Hall of Fame

Post by Marty Peretz » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:30 pm

No one will yell at you for standing in Section W.

Freemaninthecrowd

Post by Freemaninthecrowd » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:48 pm

I want to get tickets in section W next year. I'm in T this year and the row behind me is full of the most negative people. It seems like the only reason they come to games is to complain about CJ as obnoxiously as possible. It's like he ran over their dog. Maybe eldonabe sits behind me. Never hear anything positive even when things are going well. The guy who told me to sit down is so obnoxious and his scream is so shrill. He legitimately loses his mind if they switch on a screen, every time that it happens. Full screaming with panic and horror in his voice.

minutefanjsf
Senior

Post by minutefanjsf » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:49 pm

LS71 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:16 pm If ever a thread needed to continue in 'Asses in Seats'.... :wink:

There are many seniors and people with disabilities that go to games. If this guy falls into one of these categories I can understand him asking you to sit... so as not to block his view.

Some will say so what, but I'll say this...if you were the old or disabled guy and someone blocked your view, you'd be pissed too.

No objections to old or informed needing to see. It is middle aged or slightly older lazy ass “fans” that have told me to sit down. When I have responded with "why don’t you get and cheer?" My wife has usually stepped in to make sure tempers don’t flare. I’ve heard “I paid for a seat to be able to see, sit down”.

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm

Freemaninthecrowd wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:48 pmI want to get tickets in section W next year. I'm in T this year and the row behind me is full of the most negative people. It seems like the only reason they come to games is to complain about CJ as obnoxiously as possible. It's like he ran over their dog. Maybe eldonabe sits behind me. Never hear anything positive even when things are going well. The guy who told me to sit down is so obnoxious and his scream is so shrill. He legitimately loses his mind if they switch on a screen, every time that it happens. Full screaming with panic and horror in his voice.
Look at the bright side...Section T has gotten the Big Y grinder 5 times this season.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

Freemaninthecrowd

Post by Freemaninthecrowd » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Hahaha, those sandwiches aren't very appetizing. Ironically I think the guy behind me WILL stand up when they are throwing grinders.

minutefanjsf
Senior

Post by minutefanjsf » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:39 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:49 pm
LS71 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:16 pm If ever a thread needed to continue in 'Asses in Seats'.... :wink:

No objections to old or informed needing to see. It is middle aged or slightly older lazy ass “fans” that have told me to sit down. When I have responded with "why don’t you get and cheer?" My wife has usually stepped in to make sure tempers don’t flare. I’ve heard “I paid for a seat to be able to see, sit down”.
infirmed not imformed

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:34 am

Freemaninthecrowd wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:48 pm I want to get tickets in section W next year. I'm in T this year and the row behind me is full of the most negative people. It seems like the only reason they come to games is to complain about CJ as obnoxiously as possible. It's like he ran over their dog. Maybe eldonabe sits behind me. Never hear anything positive even when things are going well. The guy who told me to sit down is so obnoxious and his scream is so shrill. He legitimately loses his mind if they switch on a screen, every time that it happens. Full screaming with panic and horror in his voice.
That is not me - I do not disparage any play when I am at a game. I am always rooting for all of them.

I like CJ - my opinion of his skills are not the same thing as my desire for him and the team to be successful. Nice win yesterday - GREAT win actually.
In Matt McCall I trust!

Freemaninthecrowd

Post by Freemaninthecrowd » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:11 am

Just a joke :D Didn't really think it was you.

nale
Hall of Fame

Post by nale » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:11 am

Freemaninthecrowd wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:20 pm What a nice win, that Pipkins shot was miraculous. I got yelled at by a grumpy Umass fan sitting behind me who demanded I sit down. This was with 30 seconds left in OT.

I sit behind the guy all season He is really an nice guy and a real UMASS fan who also says good try when UMAss players do things right but it doesn't work. He does comments repeating the same things on about every play and doesn't seem to get the idea that the player are doing what the coach wants. I learned to ignore most of his comments. My group of five fans stands very often during the game. Everyone in the building should have been standing when you and your friend were asked to sit, GO UMASS !
"This is my dream job''