NCAA Investigating UCONN for recruiting violations

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: NCAA Investigating UCONN for recruiting violations

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:19 pm

^

Fair and nothing I disagree with. Do we know that our staff is not open to it? I know you didn't specifically point the finger out our staff when you said "that coaches should be more open minded to it" but just curious.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:31 pm

When did the history of the program become what we were talking about? Scoop you said we need more international presence. I said we’ve got three international kids on next year’s roster. When did it become about the history?
"I wrote a column and it went national"

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Considering Clergeot and Laurent as international kids is far fetched. Do you know more about their childhood than the information that is out there?

IV, do not know. Not pointing out anyone specifically. I am not even saying what I have said are facts, just opinions.

You keep saying 3 but I don't know which 3, Hayward, and yes btw (don't think he was in your 3) but we can consider Samba Diallo international, sure :D
Last edited by inthescoop on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:38 pm

^

All good!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:06 pm

I guess we have different definitions of the word international then.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:20 pm

Damn, you’re good at dodging questions. :lol:

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:42 pm

I wasn’t dodging any questions, I was gracefully trying to end a fucking stupid argument. You brought the history of the program into it somehow when it was never even mentioned by me which makes me wonder about your comprehension skills. So I figured there’s not much more to argue about as I noticed you didn’t reply to my comment about that.

But sure to answer your question, I am not any players biographer, but next year I would consider Heyward, Diallo, Laurent to be international players (not sure about Clergeots background). Laurent might be more of a stretch than the other two, but regardless I think “international presence” ranks at about number 982 on the UMass basketball problems list. If you disagree, that’s awesome, dude. I don’t give a shit where kids are from as long as they can play and want to be here.

Truthfully next season cant begin soon enough so you can continue with your “this is a trap game!” posts anytime the point spread is between 3 and 6.

I mean, fuck, dude. You are quickly becoming like the fifth most exhausting poster on this board. I stayed away from this place for awhile and now I remember why. It’s not good for my health. I should take my own advice and let it go.

Ok back on my meds. Let’s hope they sign that whole international team from the Olympics years ago that wore those Grateful Dead tie dyes. That would be some international presence!

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:13 pm

Lamoureaux - just to keep this inane conversation going.

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Ha. I'll raise you a Kyle Wilson.

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:20 pm

:D I'll see you with a Cady Lalanne.

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Max Groebe just called to say hello.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Jackson96 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:42 pm I wasn’t dodging any questions, I was gracefully trying to end a fucking stupid argument. You brought the history of the program into it somehow when it was never even mentioned by me which makes me wonder about your comprehension skills. So I figured there’s not much more to argue about as I noticed you didn’t reply to my comment about that.

But sure to answer your question, I am not any players biographer, but next year I would consider Heyward, Diallo, Laurent to be international players (not sure about Clergeots background). Laurent might be more of a stretch than the other two, but regardless I think “international presence” ranks at about number 982 on the UMass basketball problems list. If you disagree, that’s awesome, dude. I don’t give a shit where kids are from as long as they can play and want to be here.

Truthfully next season cant begin soon enough so you can continue with your “this is a trap game!” posts anytime the point spread is between 3 and 6.

I mean, fuck, dude. You are quickly becoming like the fifth most exhausting poster on this board. I stayed away from this place for awhile and now I remember why. It’s not good for my health. I should take my own advice and let it go.

Ok back on my meds. Let’s hope they sign that whole international team from the Olympics years ago that wore those Grateful Dead tie dyes. That would be some international presence!
So, any time I made a post about the spread and saying it was a potential trap game it caused you to have a mental breakdown?

Jeez dude, best of luck. I actually feel bad now, never thought it would have that type of impact on others.

Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Post by Jackson96 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Nah dont worry dude, all good. Your trap game posts didnt cause me a mental breakdown. I mean I thought they were stupid, but it was your comment about me not answering your question that pissed me off so I vented.

Anywho, all good. Just wanted to make sure I answered your question.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:29 am

Ummm, Stephane Lasme anyone?

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:10 am

Jackson96 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:06 pm I guess we have different definitions of the word international then.
See my post in the 2018 recruiting thread. A legit foreign player who might fit our program next year and from an unexpected place, Ireland.