Thank you DK

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
diplomat
Junior

Re: Thank you DK

Post by diplomat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:30 pm

This was in a article written by Adam Aucoin. Looks like if DK plans on landing another gig Umass wont lose as much money as we think. Like I said before, I cant see DK sitting Idle for 2 years. In his business sitting idle decreases your value.

"With the decision to cut ties with Kellogg, the former coach is still owed the remaining money for the last two years of his contract. According to Bamford, Kellogg’s buyout is worth $1.16 million and will be split up over the next two years. Additionally, there is an off-set in his contract that if he gains employment in basketball the amount he makes over the next two years will be deducted from his buyout."

AlPatino
Junior

Post by AlPatino » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 am

Wished it had worked out, as most do. Enjoyed the 3 Chaz years. BYU win in Springfield was awesome. So was the win against VCU in Mullins. The team looked good and sounded good. Thanks. Best.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

CapeCodBruiser
Senior

Post by CapeCodBruiser » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Coach Cal advised Bruiser to take a year off when he got pink slipped at Drexel. Bru went to Canada to fish and to London to visit his daughter studying there I have read. He told his agent he wants to get back in the mix for next season. I wonder if McCutcheon will interview Bru and DK for the HC job he has at UCSB. Santa Barbara is possibly the best place on Earth to live. I went there in 1996 very nice on the beach.

Every time I have run into DK and Lou they have been very friendly. I have heard the team gets lots of compliments from airline, restaurant and hotel workers on the road for their excellent behavior. I always enjoyed listening to DK and Tim Kenney on the Bud Light Coachs Shows as you could hear their passion for UMass Basketball. Nine years ago I thought DK would be our Phil Martelli aka Coach For Life. It didn't work out. I will support the new HC and buy the Parquet Pass again next year. Thanks to Derek, his family and the staff for their contributions to UMass. #Brotherhood #PAIN #2014NCAA

nale
Hall of Fame

Post by nale » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Lke all the other fans posting here. Thank you derek. I enjoyed watching your teams they never give up. You ran a clean program and UMAss basketbeall is better for having you this past nine years. I hop the players you recruited get to the NCCA's. Best to you and your family.
"This is my dream job''

CarriageEstates22
Sophomore

Post by CarriageEstates22 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:16 am

https://twitter.com/CoachKellogg/status ... 9441434624

DK with a nice note thanking his fans/supporters.

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:20 am

^ I think I have my dates right here... he got the # of years of the NCAA drought wrong. It was 16 years between NCAA tournament appearances, not 18.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:23 am

^

Yes, 16 years. One little error inside a very nicely written and classy message to the school, program, alum and fans.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:05 pm

If you have a hard time reading that in the embedded tweet, try this:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7IcL-wXwAAyLsR.jpg

Roadtrip
Hall of Fame

Post by Roadtrip » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:15 pm

As my ex wife said after the divorce, "at least we tried." No sense to hanging on to any bitterness. Good fortune in the future, Derek.