KAEO: Derrick Gordon

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO: Derrick Gordon

Post by eldonabe » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:36 am

fenway617 wrote: If Jeffrey Dahmer could shoot 50% and pull down 8 rebounds a game teams would have just view him as have a slight eating disorder and lined up to sign him.
That is top notch! :lol:

mlaconte459
Hall of Fame

Post by mlaconte459 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:05 am

Hahaha thank you for that Fenway... Good stuff
GO... GO U... GO UMASSS..... GO UMASSS

Mr.Stopherson
Freshman

Post by Mr.Stopherson » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:54 pm

baseline47 wrote:
fenway617 wrote:Some dreams never go away. A month or so ago Derrick Gordon put up another delusional post on Facebook once again saying the only reason he isn't in the NBA is because he is gay.

And yes, the message he posted was all in CAPS. "Took 3 different teams" is a bit of a stretch. More like played on three teams that went to the NCAA tournament.

ALL I EVER WANTED WAS FOR THE NBA TO GIVE ME A CHANCE! I WAS THE ONLY PLAYER IN NCAA HISTORY TO TAKE 3 DIFFERENT TEAMS TO THE NCAA TOURNAMENT. I KNOW ME COMING OUT AS OPENLY GAY BACK IN 2014 CHANGED ALOT OF THINGS! THIS STILL HAUNTS ME EVERYDAY JUST BECAUSE I KNOW I SHOULD BE IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW! THE NBA JUST ISN'T READY FOR A GAY PLAYER. WHICH MAKES ME WONDER SOMETIMES SHOULD I HAVE JUST STAYED IN THE CLOSET?!
^ Interesting. No doubt, coming out did not help Derrick in his quest to play in the NBA, but if he was a better player he would have been drafted and gotten a decent shot. If you're an NBA caliber player, a team will hire you no matter if you're gay, transgendered, etc.
He did do really well at Western Kentucky before coming to Umass, and was ok at Seton Hall after, but saying he was the reason is kind of a stretch. Wasn't a guy named Chaz Williams on that Umass team?

mlaconte459
Hall of Fame

Post by mlaconte459 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:30 pm

The NBA is for very few players, only the elite of the elite even get an opportunity to play at that level. With the way the floor is spread now a SG that cannot shoot has very little place in the NBA. Unless you are a super elite defender (Tony Allen). I do think if he wanted to make $$ playing basketball he could have made some overseas. Hell he could of probably made even more $$ staying more positive and doing speaking engagements and working with kids. We will never know but it always seemed like he had some wrong people chirping in his ear that greatly elevated his own opinion of his abilities.
GO... GO U... GO UMASSS..... GO UMASSS

MassDynasty321
Senior

Post by MassDynasty321 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 pm

mlaconte459 wrote:The NBA is for very few players, only the elite of the elite even get an opportunity to play at that level. With the way the floor is spread now a SG that cannot shoot has very little place in the NBA. Unless you are a super elite defender (Tony Allen). I do think if he wanted to make $$ playing basketball he could have made some overseas. Hell he could of probably made even more $$ staying more positive and doing speaking engagements and working with kids. We will never know but it always seemed like he had some wrong people chirping in his ear that greatly elevated his own opinion of his abilities.
But he was Michael Kidd-Gilchrist's high school teammate!

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:58 pm

What hurt his chances to play in the NBA was that after five (5) years of Div 1 college basketball games and practices, he showed no NBA ability PERIOD

Rudy
Junior

Post by Rudy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:08 pm

I legit hate the kid. If you do the math he's on the plus side of 25. But you couldn't say anything about him because he was a cool gay hero. Amherst embarrasses itself with its supression of speech. He is a man, no kid gloves.

DG, you did not carry three teams. You were a bench role player at SH. You were a locker room cancer here.

You deserved so much sh*t you never got because people felt sorry for you.

No excuses anymore kiddo. You are a f*ckin assh*le.

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Rudy wrote:I legit hate the kid. If you do the math he's on the plus side of 25. But you couldn't say anything about him because he was a cool gay hero. Amherst embarrasses itself with its supression of speech. He is a man, no kid gloves.

DG, you did not carry three teams. You were a bench role player at SH. You were a locker room cancer here.

No, really. Don't hold back. You, on the other hand, are perfect.

Rudy
Junior

Post by Rudy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Great retort. For six plus years everyone kissed this egomaniacal, self-absorbed liar and locker room cancer's ass because they were such cool liberals. Live your lie and eat it.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Rudy wrote:Great retort. For six plus years everyone kissed this egomaniacal, self-absorbed liar and locker room cancer's ass because they were such cool liberals. Live your lie and eat it.
Uh I'm guessing you didn't read this thread throughout the last couple of years because he definitely got negative remarks and was disliked by people here because of his actions. Put your whiskey down and relax. It's sad though that you think that only liberals praised him for becoming the first gay player in NCAA history to come out, being conservative means you are a man and you don't stand for any of that bullshit. Oh cmon, you're only making yourself look bad. Several individuals here believed his actions were selfish despite their persona or political beliefs.
Last edited by inthescoop on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Rudy wrote:I legit hate the kid. If you do the math he's on the plus side of 25. But you couldn't say anything about him because he was a cool gay hero. Amherst embarrasses itself with its supression of speech. He is a man, no kid gloves.

You are the biggest asshole to ever post here. Time and time again you reclaim your crown. You're a homophobic piece of shit.
Last edited by 78 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:27 pm

You can take your alternative facts and shove them. If you want to know what people really thought go back and read the rest of this thread. His play was criticized plenty. However he comported himself off the court very well while he was there. Now go crawl back under your rock. Oh, by the way, hardly any of the people who post here live in Amherst.
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:31 pm

This post, made the other day by Rudy is another example of what an asshole he is. It was in regards to Donte Clark and whether he would transfer or not:

"I think it's absurd the way people kiss the ass of people who quit on their team, teammates, school and taxpayers. Do you think fans at major programs act this way. NO. It's so pathetic. So weak. So groveling. Don't have to hate, but kissing ass. Bye kiddo... now go. I think we've pared the tree to ..."

And this was from his many Gordon hating posts from March of 2015. You are a real gem Rudy. Keep up the good work.

"A lousy shooting guard, delusional, ungrateful, self-absorbed, and a locker room rat/cancer.

A lot of this was apparent with people with open eyes and open minds. But some spent a whole season dumping on everyone from Trey to Maxie to Cady, while treating DG with kid gloves as if he was some special needs student who needed to be protected from bullies.

Program is better off without his drama, lack of an offensive game, and self-delusions."
Last edited by 78 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rudy
Junior

Post by Rudy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Classic physiological transference. Can't say anything about your years of lies or the liar you defended for years. Let's attack a random message poster because we are impotent men.

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Rudy wrote:Classic physiological transference. Can't say anything about your years of lies or the liar you defended for years. Let's attack a random message poster because we are impotent men.
Because time and time again you have proven you are a piece of shit. Believe me, I could repost many of your homophobic, hate posts here if I wanted to waste my time, But I think most people already know your reputation, so no need to do it.