KAEO: Chaz Williams

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO: Chaz Williams

Post by uz2b-len » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:18 am

I love that Chaz feels connected up here and a good experience at UMass. He's a role model for determination, among other things. I have two vivid memories etched into my brain. Oddly enough, neither one involves scoring. One time at the Mullins we were closing out a game with a very narrow lead. SJU had their last possession with a chance to tie or win (I forget which). Chaz faceguarded their big scorer (Langston Galloway?) and just wouldn't let him get the ball. We won. Also, a game we won against GW at the Barkley Center, where in crunch time with the game on the line, one of their big guys came down with a rebound and Chaz just ripped it out of his hands to seal the deal. Come to think of it, someone did the same thing for Amherst HS when they won the state championship in Worcester.
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:12 am

I agree len. Kid was tenacious, incredible what he accomplished at his size. Talk about a motor, the kid never stopped moving. Great that he has that love for UMass and the area, and is willing to come back and teach & help younger kids, says alot about him.

Sad tho, to hear of his mom's passing. She was always at games cheering on the team and was always so pro UMass. Condolences to Chaz
Time to Win

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:32 am

Juice, thanks for posting this. Chaz will always be one of my favorite players. I met him a couple of times and he was 5'7" tops. What a freakin' heart he had to do what he did at that size.

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:40 am

Definitely one of my favorite players. From the moment he suited up in his first game vs Elon at the Cage he was electric for UMass, and turned the team into must-watch with his play. As time goes on, he will get his due as one of the all-time program greats.