UMass transfer portal news - 2024

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Re: UMass transfer portal news - 2024

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:29 pm

Upstate10 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:08 pmCmon man
Is that for me?

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:40 pm

Jo, please chill. Don't hijack the board again because you need attention.

Please take your meds and stop subjecting us to your whims. The collective is doing good work. They are trying not whining. We don't want to argue. We want to celebrate UMass hoops and try to help.

You know the group. Group knows you. Why crap on the collective? RHETORICAL QUESTION

If you want inside info, either cough up ten beans a month or ask someone what is new. You don't have to be like this and everyone wants more fans but not if they start arguments.
Refuse To Lose!!!

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:48 pm

I don’t need attention. But pushback seems to be a serious problem for some of you. I get told I am being argumentative, combative, not operating in good faith,
and part of the ‘do noting’ crew because I question the strategy and operations of the collective and I am the one who is problematic and hijacking the board? Think about that. I think maybe you are asking the wrong people to chill. Let me guess, the convenient keyboard critics here are all members of the collective? Hijacking the board. Yes. Ease up, flower.

“Inside info…cough up money.” I think in your own special way you are coming around.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:00 pm

Or you could just ask someone who's respect you have earned. Don't build walls in your head.

Please relax, enjoy the Celtics win, and think positive. We are on your side. This is a time of change. Give things time to adapt and respect the effort and the common goal.

Last I have to say.
Refuse To Lose!!!

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:05 pm

I don't usually get involved in this BS, but why not. I don't understand your disdain for The Collective. We would not have gotten Cross, Cohen, Curry, Sool and many others without NIL money. Did they all stay, no. Some of them got better offers, $400,000 - $500,000 for 1 year which we obviously cannot match.

I give to The Collective, The Court Club, The Pond Club and the Gridiron Club. I don't ask how they allocate their funds. I give because it's important that we support the athletic programs as much as we can. Everyone has a different level and that's fine. And maybe I'm being naive for not questioning how the money is spent, but frankly, I let them do their job and hope they put a good product on the field.

We are now in the wild west of college athletics and poorly funded programs will no longer be competitive.

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:18 pm

DoctorJ wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:00 pm Or you could just ask someone who's respect you have earned. Don't build walls in your head.

Please relax, enjoy the Celtics win, and think positive. We are on your side. This is a time of change. Give things time to adapt and respect the effort and the common goal.

Last I have to say.
Generally speaking, people I respect and respect me don't participate on umasshoops.com. I’m good. And, I don’t follow the Celtics. Congrats if you do. Enjoy.

Not sure we have a common goal. That’s sort of the point, but perhaps that’s too much for this board to get its brain around.

vanmeter
Hall of Fame

Post by vanmeter » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:00 am

I think the Collective is doing a great job. We do not have the large donors or fan base that Kentucky Kansas et all have, but Pat is working hard to do all he can to secure a competitive team.

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:35 am

vanmeter wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:00 am I think the Collective is doing a great job. We do not have the large donors or fan base that Kentucky Kansas et all have, but Pat is working hard to do all he can to secure a competitive team.
Thank you. It takes a Collective effort from all! We’ve come a long way in less than 2 years but have a lot more work to do.

Check out the content and event posted in the Collective thread, expect much more of that all summer and throughout the season. Our mission is more than just paying the players, it’s also engaging the community in ways UMass can’t. We consider our mission is to add value to fans, supporters, the community, the University and the Athletes.

UMassFan99
Senior

Post by UMassFan99 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:16 pm

I don’t comment often but anyone criticizing the collective and not contributing even something if they can afford to us bananas. If you can’t contribute, fine, but give me a break in criticizing them.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:08 pm

I think that the collective is doing a great job, and I will continue to donate monthly.

Simultaneously, Jo is arguing that the collective needs to be more transparent so that we have a better idea of knowing where our donated money is going and how it's being used.

Pretty tired of folks thinking everything is black and white. Both arguments here are correct - end of story.

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:22 pm

UMassFan99 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:16 pm I don’t comment often but anyone criticizing the collective and not contributing even something if they can afford to us bananas. If you can’t contribute, fine, but give me a break in criticizing them.
Evidently you missed the part about my annual contribution to the Court Club (as well as my academic department). I can contribute and I do. Annually and generously. Why is the collective at the center of the multiple ways to support the University and its student athletes? Also, what’s “bananas” to me is reflexively contributing to an enterprise when you have legitimate questions as to its value. I don't do that with anything, especially to a entity that is unproven and may not even be around much longer given how quickly the landscape is changing. We are routinely pitched here to donate, and the lack of transparency and vague strategy and mission has not impressed me enough to do so with confidence. So I ask questions, these get ignored, and those who have bought in pile on with charges of being “negative” and argumentative. The group think is strong. If you feel donating is a requirement for criticism, well, that’s how you mange your money and causes. Cool. People can do what they want with their money and promote the collective as a positive, and for my part, I will refrain from telling them they are seeking attention, acting like a keyboard warrior, and not operating in good faith. See how that works?

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:28 pm

inthescoop wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:08 pm I think that the collective is doing a great job, and I will continue to donate monthly.

Simultaneously, Jo is arguing that the collective needs to be more transparent so that we have a better idea of knowing where our donated money is going and how it's being used.

Pretty tired of folks thinking everything is black and white. Both arguments here are correct - end of story.
Bingo.

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:05 pm

JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:28 pm
inthescoop wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:08 pm I think that the collective is doing a great job, and I will continue to donate monthly.

Bingo.
- You have been provided with my personal phone number on multiple occasions.
- You have been invited to meetings on multiple occasions.
- We are completely transparent (more so than court club, I was on the board for several years and still give generously) but we will not just post raw numbers being paid to individual student athletes in a public forum, especially in a competitive NIL market, thats what our Member meetings are for. There are some things that are simply not for the public forum.

Thank you for the support of the Court Club and University. Many of our members support a lot of similar causes, so we are all rowing in the same direction, maybe just in different boats.

I emphasize if you have any questions for me, reach out. You say that you run a non-profit so I think you would be familiar with how hard it is to ask for support, manage expectations if and when you get that support and the greater unknown. The constant attacks and negativity are at this point getting to me. I work very hard at this, most of my day today is running the Collective, not my professional business. So I would appreciate if you would have some respect for me and our members as well.

And thank you for buying the Mathok merchandise.

sbloombe
Junior

Post by sbloombe » Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:32 pm

umasscollective wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:05 pm

Bingo.
- We are completely transparent (more so than court club, I was on the board for several years and still give generously) but we will not just post raw numbers being paid to individual student athletes in a public forum, especially in a competitive NIL market, thats what our Member meetings are for. There are some things that are simply not for the public forum.

Thank you for the support of the Court Club and University. Many of our members support a lot of similar causes, so we are all rowing in the same direction, maybe just in different boats.

I emphasize if you have any questions for me, reach out. You say that you run a non-profit so I think you would be familiar with how hard it is to ask for support, manage expectations if and when you get that support and the greater unknown. The constant attacks and negativity are at this point getting to me. I work very hard at this, most of my day today is running the Collective, not my professional business. So I would appreciate if you would have some respect for me and our members as well.

Don't let it get to you. You're doing an amazing job. In fact, I just decided to join after reading this thread. It's all positive energy my friend.

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:59 pm

sbloombe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:32 pm
umasscollective wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:05 pm

Bingo.

Don't let it get to you. You're doing an amazing job. In fact, I just decided to join after reading this thread. It's all positive energy my friend.
Much appreciated! Added you to our email list! GO U!