UMass transfer portal news - 2024

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Floyd
Hall of Fame

Re: UMass transfer portal news - 2024

Post by Floyd » Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:07 pm

69MG wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:36 pm The list is now up to 10 NIL players.

https://www.themasscollective.com/athletes
Seems like if you're gonna give 10 guys something, maybe something for the last 2 or 3 would make them feel like more of a part of the team. It's gotta feel like they don't value you
Time to Win

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:21 pm

:arrow:
Floyd wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:07 pm

Seems like if you're gonna give 10 guys something, maybe something for the last 2 or 3 would make them feel like more of a part of the team. It's gotta feel like they don't value you
Help us do so www.themasscollective.com

Floridafan71
Sophomore

Post by Floridafan71 » Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:00 pm

Got best give everyone something..How would you feel if go nothing? Why would you stay?

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:46 pm

umasscollective wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:21 pm :arrow:

Yes, just donate, Floyd. No questions asked. Who gives a shit if some dudes on the TEAM are cut out? Trust the collective. Hell, there’s a call coming up! What else do you need to know? The Collective will be sure to take care of Foster and Worthy. Just, well, Because. No transparency on total budget, how funds are distributed, the decision making or who has been offered or not. Keon says hello, btw. Just contribute so they can “build.” Collective dude has a cell number (does he have a 1099, too?) he can share if you are wondering about “appropriate” questions.

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:06 am

^Joleon, I think your point illustrates why I think I'm warming to the new proposed model in college sports, where the athletic departments pay the players directly. We'll finally have an idea of what the budget is and how it's being spent, and they can stop asking me to fund the team for $25/month or whatever it is. With that said, this isn't an attack on the collective. Pat has done an admirable job of volunteering his time and energy to get this thing off the ground.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:39 am

JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:46 pm

Yes, just donate, Floyd. No questions asked. Who gives a shit if some dudes on the TEAM are cut out? Trust the collective. Hell, there’s a call coming up! What else do you need to know? The Collective will be sure to take care of Foster and Worthy. Just, well, Because. No transparency on total budget, how funds are distributed, the decision making or who has been offered or not. Keon says hello, btw. Just contribute so they can “build.” Collective dude has a cell number (does he have a 1099, too?) he can share if you are wondering about “appropriate” questions.
Yeah it's hard to understand how this all is going to end up. But I still think the NCAA which makes tons of money, should be able to allocate resources to schools to fund a NIL program,. Fans will get tired of the perennial money siphon, especially if the teams flounder. And I think if these NIL programs were handled by the team programs themselves, where people could see or even have input into distributions, they'd be more likely to participate. Fan donations to NIL should be supplemental to NCAA contributions, because for most or a lot of people, these games are entertainment and shouldn't be an annual expense.
I give respect to the Collective for trying to be proactive and keep us relevant, but it seems like a never ending uphill climb to just keep giving more and more. But again, I give them credit
Time to Win

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:53 am

Let's get a MassMutual logo on the court and a Big Y patch on the jerseys. It won't reduce my enjoyment of the game one iota and they can foot the bill for recruiting players instead of me and my friends. When I watch the Celtics (hopefully clinch tonight), I don't think "damn it, there's a tiny Vista Print logo on their jerseys, how can I possibly enjoy basketball anymore?"

umasscollective
Junior

Post by umasscollective » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:26 pm

JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:46 pm

It’s June. As we have said **Please be patient as we update our 2024-2025 athlete roster, website and content over the summer months**

Last year every single mens player was involved at some level. We made a point to make sure they each were. And we intend to do the same this year, as we discuss openly in our meetings.

Hope you’ll be in the next meeting, or you can always call anytime.

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:12 pm

Floridafan71 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:00 pm Got best give everyone something..How would you feel if go nothing? Why would you stay?
Money doesn't grow on trees, and if they wanted to go elsewhere they could have.

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:22 pm

umasscollective wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:26 pm Last year every single mens player was involved at some level. We made a point to make sure they each were. And we intend to do the same this year, as we discuss openly in our meetings.
Good. Now that wasn’t so hard was it? Just answer if someone asks a reasonable question. This whole
“members only” access to innocuous info or avoiding anything that might be interpreted as the
Collective falling short is NOT helping create any confidence or trust in the operation. Just the opposite. You can offer member benefits without alienating potential allies. It’s not that hard. Personally, I’ll never give a dime to a gatekeeper or some promise to be in on the secret handshake.

DanaDingle3
Junior

Post by DanaDingle3 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:23 pm

JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:22 pmPersonally, I’ll never give a dime to a gatekeeper or some promise to be in on the secret handshake.
Of course. Why would you when you can stroke the keys of your keyboard and make things all about you and concoct reasons to remain in the do-nothing brigade. So much more satisfying for you, I'm sure.

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:40 pm

JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:22 pm
umasscollective wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:26 pm Last year every single mens player was involved at some level. We made a point to make sure they each were. And we intend to do the same this year, as we discuss openly in our meetings.
Good. Now that wasn’t so hard was it? Just answer if someone asks a reasonable question.
I don't think you've been operating in good faith here. What is your angle here, are you just being combative and argumentative for kicks?

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:54 pm

DanaDingle3 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:23 pm
JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:22 pmPersonally, I’ll never give a dime to a gatekeeper or some promise to be in on the secret handshake.
Of course. Why would you when you can stroke the keys of your keyboard and make things all about you and concoct reasons to remain in the do-nothing brigade. So much more satisfying for you, I'm sure.
Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to know where my questions come from based on my experience in running organizations or being pitched to part with my money. Your naïveté is almost quaint. And feel free to go fuck yourself for the keyboard warrior bullshit. Finally, you can take your “do-nothing” claim and shove it DEEP up your ass. I have followed UMass hoops for over 30 years and annually contribute to the Court Club. I don’t need the fledgling collective to be a measure of my commitment to the program or any measure of my “satisfaction” or loyalty, which seems to be your fealty pose. Is that clear?

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:03 pm

NilesGold wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:40 pm
JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:22 pm
Good. Now that wasn’t so hard was it? Just answer if someone asks a reasonable question.
I don't think you've been operating in good faith here. What is your angle here, are you just being combative and argumentative for kicks?
Yes, just for kicks. You got me, Says the dude who challenges everyone when it comes to hoop knowledge and recruitment. Self aware much? Not operating in good faith? Fancy. If you are comfortable contributing money to the collective, go for it. For my part, I’m not impressed with the lack of transparency and what I see as undue influence over the program. And I love UMass hoops, so that’s a problem. This apparently bothers you and so you frame it as argumentative. If you feel the need to run cover for the collective, well, you do you.

Upstate10
Senior

Post by Upstate10 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:08 pm

Cmon man