The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
bobolink
Senior
Posts: 897
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:03 am

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by bobolink » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:44 pm

Talking NIL, Pitino, St. John's, and "donations to recruiting efforts" this may be of interest:
https://www.nj.com/sports/2024/02/billi ... efore.html

umasscollective
Junior
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by umasscollective » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:05 pm

bobolink wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:44 pm Talking NIL, Pitino, St. John's, and "donations to recruiting efforts" this may be of interest:
https://www.nj.com/sports/2024/02/billi ... efore.html
Look at how many horses Mike Repole has purchased in the last 5 years...Where are they now?

We have 352 members that love UMass Basketball. Need to keep growing that. Strength in numbers.

:arrow: https://www.themasscollective.com/build-it-together

bottom line
Sophomore
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:22 pm

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by bottom line » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:18 am

I contributed early January and received a thank you, but my name is not on the list. How many others were left off?

umasscollective
Junior
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by umasscollective » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:38 am

bottom line wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:18 am I contributed early January and received a thank you, but my name is not on the list. How many others were left off?
We pulled the list directly from our database. Did you contribute under another name possibly, by check or as a business? DM us or email [email protected]

Thanks.

69MG
Hall of Fame
Posts: 12128
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Western Mass

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by 69MG » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:58 am

If this holds up, I see CHAOS ahead.

Dan Murphy, ESPN Staff Writer
Feb 23, 2024, 04:27 PM ET

A federal judge in Tennessee granted a preliminary injunction Friday afternoon that prohibits the NCAA from punishing any athletes or boosters for negotiating name, image and likeness deals during their recruiting process or while they are in the transfer portal.

The injunction is not a final ruling in the case, but the judge's decision will likely have an immediate and dramatic impact on how NIL deals are used in the recruiting process.

umasscollective
Junior
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by umasscollective » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:30 am

69MG wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:58 am If this holds up, I see CHAOS ahead.

Dan Murphy, ESPN Staff Writer
Feb 23, 2024, 04:27 PM ET

A federal judge in Tennessee granted a preliminary injunction Friday afternoon that prohibits the NCAA from punishing any athletes or boosters for negotiating name, image and likeness deals during their recruiting process or while they are in the transfer portal.

The injunction is not a final ruling in the case, but the judge's decision will likely have an immediate and dramatic impact on how NIL deals are used in the recruiting process.
It’s naive to think this wasn’t already happening. Won’t change much.

The major change will be no hard transfer portal dates.

Floyd
Hall of Fame
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:50 am
Location: Not where I should be

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by Floyd » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:46 am

I think maybe that last Justin name might be an alias, no? Middle name "The" :lol:
Time to Win

umasscollective
Junior
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by umasscollective » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:03 pm

Floyd wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:46 am I think maybe that last Justin name might be an alias, no? Middle name "The" :lol:
“If you want perfection, go to a bowling alley” - Calipari

But will work to make corrections as needed! And hopefully a LOT of NEW additions!

umasscollective
Junior
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by umasscollective » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:10 am

THANK YOU to our newest 7 members:

Michael Misterka
William Faria
William Loer
Allan Gregory
Brian Goodridge
Scott Preston
William Graham

Our goal is 500 members by the end of the season. Were currently at 361. Join here :arrow: www.TheMassCollective.com/join

umasscollective
Junior
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by umasscollective » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:16 pm

Urgent Appeal: 2 Weeks Until Transfer Portal Opens - We Need Your Support!

Dear UMass Basketball Supporters,

We are reaching out to you today with an urgent appeal. In just 2 weeks, the transfer portal will open, and we need your support like never before to keep the best UMass team in 10 years together.

These next 2 weeks are critical. We need to add new members, increase current members' support, and secure large pledges to ensure our team's success. If you aren't already involved, please consider getting involved. If you are involved, we ask you to step up your support or make a pledge to do so. If you have the means to write a big check, now is the time to do so.

We are working tirelessly, but we cannot do this without your support. Your contribution is crucial for the future of UMass Basketball.

In other news, we have a Informational Meeting tomorrow night at 7pm (open to the public), followed by a closed member-only meeting at 7:30pm. We invite you to join us for crucial updates, to strategize, and discuss our ongoing efforts and future plans. Zoom Links will be sent tomorrow.

Thank you for your continued support of UMass Basketball. Together, we can keep our team strong and successful.

One Time Contribution :arrow: https://buy.stripe.com/eVa28N9yKbOf0aQ6pM

Join as Monthly Member :arrow: https://www.themasscollective.com/join

Make a Pledge or Inquire for more info :arrow: https://themassachusettscollective.form ... ms/buildit

User avatar
UMass'96
Senior
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:30 pm
Location: Back in the good 'ole US of A not some 3rd world shithole

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by UMass'96 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:48 pm

Since it is now clear that college players can make money playing their sport, why do we need a middle man like the collective to support this?

Why can't players just set up a "go fund me" page and then this way three things can happen, 1) people can donate directly to the player and ensure that their donations are going exactly where they want it, 2) we'll find out very quickly who people think adds value to the team and, 3) we'll also find out what the market will bear for said player.
Save your breath... you'll need it to blow up your date

User avatar
e_parade
Senior
Posts: 758
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Boston

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by e_parade » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:29 am

UMass'96 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:48 pm Since it is now clear that college players can make money playing their sport, why do we need a middle man like the collective to support this?

Why can't players just set up a "go fund me" page and then this way three things can happen, 1) people can donate directly to the player and ensure that their donations are going exactly where they want it, 2) we'll find out very quickly who people think adds value to the team and, 3) we'll also find out what the market will bear for said player.
Because the collective does more than just hand over money, including helping out with marketing and the like.

Just because a person is good at football or basketball doesn't mean they'll be good at maximizing their potential earnings. If you're operating under a system where help in maximizing those earnings is allowed while not offering that help yourself, then you're falling even further behind.

umasscollective
Junior
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:25 pm

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by umasscollective » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:56 am

e_parade wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:29 am
UMass'96 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:48 pm Since it is now clear that college players can make money playing their sport, why do we need a middle man like the collective to support this?

Why can't players just set up a "go fund me" page and then this way three things can happen, 1) people can donate directly to the player and ensure that their donations are going exactly where they want it, 2) we'll find out very quickly who people think adds value to the team and, 3) we'll also find out what the market will bear for said player.
Because the collective does more than just hand over money, including helping out with marketing and the like.

Just because a person is good at football or basketball doesn't mean they'll be good at maximizing their potential earnings. If you're operating under a system where help in maximizing those earnings is allowed while not offering that help yourself, then you're falling even further behind.
Significantly more. UMass96, if you have questions, feel free to join our public meeting tonight at 7pm!

🤝 MEMBERS - Check your email for tonight's member meeting link (7:30 pm start).

🧐 Prospective members, supporters, those with questions - we've invited you several times to be part of the conversation. Today is another opportunity to do so - get off the bench and in the game by participating! Our Public Meeting is from 7 pm - 7:30 pm tonight, email [email protected] for the link.

#UMass #NIL #GetInvolved #BuildItTogether #Transparency 🏀📈

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 17679
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:38 pm

For lack of a better spot to put this:

Dartmouth hoops players vote to join local union
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ocal-union
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

User avatar
SignMan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2919
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:48 pm

Re: The Massachusetts Collective - NIL initiative

Post by SignMan » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:28 pm

The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

Post Reply