Return of Derek Kellogg

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Re: Return of Derek Kellogg

Post by eldonabe » Tue May 02, 2023 11:07 am

skizz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:46 am
fenway617 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:09 pm Still seems odd he left, his patents and other family lives in the W Mass area, his kid is a Willison HS in Easthampton and he owns a house in Amherst. Unless he wasn't going to have his contract renewed and it wasn't his choice. I ma sure he is getting paid more there but still sems odd to leave this area for a lateral move by his choice when he has so many roots in Amherst.
How is it odd? Because his family is here he should stay here? Coach's wife and kids understand the game that they might have to move. Going to Creighton is not a lateral move and not even close. If he went to Duquesne you could call it a lateral move but Creighton is steps above where UMass is at now.
Not for nothin' but there are about 295 similar moves that would bee more than a lateral move at this point.

NilesGold
Hall of Fame

Post by NilesGold » Tue May 02, 2023 2:26 pm

eldonabe wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:07 am
fenway617 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:09 pm Still seems odd he left, his patents and other family lives in the W Mass area, his kid is a Willison HS in Easthampton and he owns a house in Amherst. Unless he wasn't going to have his contract renewed and it wasn't his choice. I ma sure he is getting paid more there but still sems odd to leave this area for a lateral move by his choice when he has so many roots in Amherst.
How is it odd? Because his family is here he should stay here? Coach's wife and kids understand the game that they might have to move. Going to Creighton is not a lateral move and not even close. If he went to Duquesne you could call it a lateral move but Creighton is steps above where UMass is at now.
Not for nothin' but there are about 295 similar moves that would bee more than a lateral move at this point.
I hope you're exaggerating for effect, and don't actually believe that.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue May 02, 2023 6:17 pm

NilesGold wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:26 pm
eldonabe wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:07 am

I hope you're exaggerating for effect, and don't actually believe that.

I am exaggerating…. But there may be 150+ of them

natwam2547
Hall of Fame

Post by natwam2547 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:11 pm

Juice Stand wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:25 am Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people. What does DK getting a new job have to do with McCall? Seems like McCall has a good gig on TV, I'm happy for him. Seems like DK landed a nice gig w/ a really good program at Creighton, happy for him too. I guess I could find something to be bitter about, I don't know.
FWIW I thought McCall was really good on TV. He does well with that Field of 68 on twitter too. Maybe he found his (Mc)Calling. :P

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sat May 27, 2023 4:03 pm

New England Recruiting Report @NERRHoops · 1h
Keep an eye on Max Kellogg in Massachusetts’ 2027 class. Two-way playmaking guard from @MiddlesexMagic & @WNSBVBasketball with skill, IQ, and pedigree.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:41 pm

Love seeing Creighton beat Puke-on last night!

Does anyone know if DK is involved in scouting opponents?
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving