The Painful Truth-Good Intentions Gone Awry

Get ready for some MACtion
dennisdent
Senior

Re: The Painful Truth-Good Intentions Gone Awry

Post by dennisdent » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:38 pm

econalum wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:18 pm FCS FCS FCS !!!
I have no issue with this because it means one step closer to: FIRE WALT BELL and his staff of morons! Over the past nine years who's program has faired worse--not Maine, UNH or even URI--UMass! Save money on coaches bloated salaries and scholarships and bring back regional rivalries.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:55 pm

econalum wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:18 pm FCS FCS FCS !!!
STUPID STUPID STUPID !!!

FCS is a total money loser and should not even be an option. Flagship universities in a state with a population of greater than 1,000,000 DO NOT play FCS. That’s like saying “ I’m turning down the University of Michigan to go to Route 9 High (mass bay community college)

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:34 pm

Econ once again demonstrating his patented utter cluelessness. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:15 am

The usual suspects with the usual retorts. Losing hundreds of thousands in FCS with a couple of 'pay to play' games is better than getting our ass kicked each week for 7+ years, losing millions, and our athletic reputation in the balance.

And the athletes are leaving in droves each year. We are in a perpetual rebuild without end.

I may be the 'fall guy' but I am joined by many on this board signaling 'enough is enough'.

P5 is the only profitable game in town, and we are simply wandering in the desert at the bottom of FBS, independent, without any sort of following unlike BYU, LIberty, or Army lo for these many years, with zero chance of P5.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:12 am

econalum wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:15 am

I may be the 'fall guy' but I am joined by many on this board signaling 'enough is enough'.

Lumping in the boisterous "Fire Bell" people doesn't mean people want the program back to FCS... nice try, though.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:42 am

^ There are plenty of UMass alums that really don't care what happens to any given coach, but who are firmly in the "enough is enough" camp. Let's not try to show that the small sample here is representitive of all grads.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:07 am

Rene Ingoglia
@reneingoglia
Dec 26
Tonight I’m in fan mode as I support my good friend & former UMass football teammate
@coachbilldurkin
his OL line has played great this year as
@CoastalFootball
goes for perfection a perfect 12-0 season for the #Chants if they can beat Liberty tonight in
@CureBowl
#ChantsUp
Found the above interesting and we can not exclude people just because they are connected to UMass. Over generalizing is a poor, prejudging attitude.
Go UMass!!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:09 am

I suspect the representation is actually pretty accurate.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:52 am

econalum wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:15 am The usual suspects with the usual retorts. Losing hundreds of thousands in FCS with a couple of 'pay to play' games is better than getting our ass kicked each week for 7+ years, losing millions, and our athletic reputation in the balance.

And the athletes are leaving in droves each year. We are in a perpetual rebuild without end.

P5 is the only profitable game in town, and we are simply wandering in the desert at the bottom of FBS, independent, without any sort of following unlike BYU, LIberty, or Army lo for these many years, with zero chance of P5.
WRONG: losing $$$$ in useless FCS is WORSE than getting our asses kicked etc. etc. No one cares about FCS football unless you're NDSU or James Madison. You play in piece of shit "stadiums" and you have zero visibility. I know you are the "FCS is great" guy but you are wrong on the issue. FCS football is a non-starter. And you are not "joined by many" on this board. I would prefer to drop football after Bell goes 0-12 or MAYBE 1-11 in 2021.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:13 am

All I want is a return to competitive, well-coached football that turns out student athletes who go on to successful careers. I could give shit if its in FBS/FCS or freaking D3! UNH just built a new stadium, though small, looks great and URI just made millions in upgrades to theirs. UMass football stinks and will stink for years to come because we have to follow the PLAN by two, skinny suit wearing, bull-shitters in Bell/Bamford. I'm tired of "but they are nice guys," when neither of them shows any true leadership . Bamford's fireside chat pissed me off-"-we will start winning in two more years at least six games, if not more" and "I told Walt that they need to improve on offense."

I'm done, back to teleworking.... :D

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Hey dennis, not quite sure but, can you clarify please if you like Coach Bell? :lol:
Time to Win

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:01 pm

dennisdent wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:13 am All I want is a return to competitive, well-coached football that turns out student athletes who go on to successful careers. I could give shit if its in FBS/FCS or freaking D3! UNH just built a new stadium, though small, looks great and URI just made millions in upgrades to theirs. UMass football stinks and will stink for years to come because we have to follow the PLAN by two, skinny suit wearing, bull-shitters in Bell/Bamford. I'm tired of "but they are nice guys," when neither of them shows any true leadership . Bamford's fireside chat pissed me off-"-we will start winning in two more years at least six games, if not more" and "I told Walt that they need to improve on offense."

I'm done, back to teleworking.... :D
AMEN!!!! you hit the nail on the head per usual {skinny suit-wearing BS!!!} but to drop down like Idaho is quite frankly fuckin' BENEATH us. Do like Pacific or Cal State Fullerton and just drop the sport. There is nothing more pussy than to play D3 or some bullshit like that.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Floyd wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:09 pm Hey dennis, not quite sure but, can you clarify please if you like Coach Bell? :lol:

I have never met the man and he looks like the kind of guy you would want your daughter to date (if you're from the south :lol: ) BUT I don't feel that he is the right fit for a head coaching job in college football--JC, maybe--high school definitely.

What turned me against him the most started after the win last season versus Akron. Bamford, like a proud father, presented the game ball to Bell. Bell then started to talk about himself and didn't acknowledge the PLAYERS--who won the game! They were missing six starters who were benched and Curtis did a great job--but Bell only talked about Bell! He consistently makes excuses--young players, low scholarships, tired after playing four games, on and on. He is not a leader! He and Bamford can sit at the Longmeadow Country Club on our dime, drinking Shirley Temples, going over their great PLAN and playing the dwindling UMass fan base because they are nice guys...

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:57 pm

I really don't want the program to go down to FCS, and D3 was written as a joke, but I definitely don't want the program to go away. What next playing club football against UVM on the Boyden fields...

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:17 pm

Can't drop football at The University of Massachusetts, just can't. Proud history, successful history, and lots of great football alums. It would be an absolute shame if it was dropped
Time to Win