KAEO: Dibaji Walker

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
69MG
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO: Dibaji Walker

Post by 69MG » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:25 pm

^ I hope you are right. Not saying that he makes or breaks the season, but he might be worth 1 or 2 more wins with his unique skill set.

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:51 pm

NeverStopRecruiting@UMassRecruiting
·
Nov 1
Replying to
@UMassRecruiting

Rashad Williams, Seth Millner, Tyree Appleby and Jaalam Hill all left CSU before Dennis Felton was fired on July 12th.
When Dibaji Walker entered the portal on July 25th, there were only 4 other players left on the roster, and a new coach STILL had not been hired by CSU.
Realistically there's no point in speculating. Que sera sera. However, I'm gonna do it any way. I just can't see why the NCAA would approve it for Walker. They've denied these other guys and they'd only be kicking a bee hive to approve our guy. What's in it for them except misery?
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:04 pm

I can only think of one reason. It has been mentioned that the former school has the ability to offer input and it carries weight with the NCAA. Cal did it for 2 KY players and their waivers were granted. The CSU players that were denied all left before the coach was fired so perhaps CSU had some hard feelings. Walker left after the coach was fired. It's not a compelling reason, but maybe CSU doesn't have the same bad feeling about Walker as the others. It's a weak argument, but I can't come up with anything else.

Roadtrip
Hall of Fame

Post by Roadtrip » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Len, you would think it is a case by case basis, not well, we denied all the other CSU guys, let's just deny this guy also.

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:02 pm

I think it's a case by case basis which includes as a prime factor how will this impact us, the NCAA. Just as any organization takes its well-being into account when making decisions. In this particular case, I think the NCAA can count on being sued if they grant Walker a waiver. So from their point of view, why bother? We know from their history that the facts of the individual case are always secondary to the selfish best interest of the NCAA. And in this particular climate the last thing they need is a suit they could possibly lose and along with that their power to determine who gets to play where. I would love to be wrong.

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:08 pm

I really want this guy to play this year. Plus he has the coolest haircut.
Refuse To Lose!!!

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:39 pm

I absolutely want this guy to play this year, haircut or not.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:00 pm

This year or next year, I don't care at this point. Just get this joke of a waiver process over with so he, the staff, team and fans can focused on the season. The NCAA is pathetic.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:35 pm

^ I agree. What do they have, 2-3 people reviewing this stuff. Should be done by start of season
Total joke
Time to Win

jrdupe
Junior

Post by jrdupe » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:38 pm

not trying to spread rumors, and i refrained from posting yesterday because I could not find anything to back it up, but I just saw a cryptic post on Twitter from Dibaji's mom, so it might be true. Someone told me yesterday that Dibaji posted a message on Instagram from his hospital bed?? I looked and did not see anything on his account. This afternoon his mother posted a message on Twitter that she was thankful for the genuine care of a student athlete and that she is grateful knowing her son is safe while away at school...or something to that affect...I'm not looking at the tweet so don't kill me if I got part of the tweet wrong.

anyone know anything about this? hope everything is ok.

chapter 11
Junior

Post by chapter 11 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:10 pm

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:43 am

^ What a freakin' disaster that Cleveland State program is.

Shockingly, they were picked to finish last in the Horizon League this year. But check this out, someone threw them a first place vote :lol:
http://horizonleague.org/news/2019/10/1 ... -year.aspx
#troll

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:49 am

To all of the reporters who cover UMass BB, can someone find out why he wasn't at the game last night? As for the waiver, I hope he gets one but that info will be known once a ruling is made so the absence is more of an issue right now.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:34 pm

https://twitter.com/FightMA247/status/1 ... 8698107904

Can we get Goodman appointed to the NCAA waiver committee???

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:52 am

Hope we hear something soon.. I was watching various clips of him from the last couple years.. one question.. how did nobody recruit this guy?? He runs like a guard.. dribbles like a guard.. shoots like a guard.. and hes 6'9!!! Seems like an absolute matchup nightmare.. I have visions of Tre, Sy, Dibaji on the floor with east and weeks/carl.. 6'9, 6'8, 6'9 and can all play inside and out.